You're going to pay to ride.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think that Disney has also been transitioning over to new high tech rides that are cutting edge and fun -- but the newer styles tend to sacrifice capacity and are technical nightmares. They just simply need to be getting back to omnimovers, boat rides, and the rides that just eat through tons of people and rarely go down. The throughput for Rise of the Resistance is just not where it needs to be for an attraction and IP of that magnitude.
…tear it down and build the xwing rollercoaster

(that used to be a joke…for decades on boards…now I’m quite serious)

sullyinMT

…tear it down and build the xwing rollercoaster

(that used to be a joke…for decades on boards…now I’m quite serious)
They don’t need to tear it down, as long as there’s land for expansion (I’m not as good at that as many others on this board).

But a boat ride can still be tons of fun when executed properly. Na’vi has shaman issues but is no slouch, and a ton of fun.

I’m imagining some kind of ride through the swamps of Dagobah, watching Yoda train Luke, culminating in the raising of his X-Wing. Or the moon of Endor, with scenes from the battle there. Plenty of merch to be sold with cute but vicious Ewoks.

I know that we’re on Batuu, but certainly the resistance could invest in a museum or interpretive site on Black Spire that could host something like that.

scottb411

I think that Disney has also been transitioning over to new high tech rides that are cutting edge and fun -- but the newer styles tend to sacrifice capacity and are technical nightmares. They just simply need to be getting back to omnimovers, boat rides, and the rides that just eat through tons of people and rarely go down. The throughput for Rise of the Resistance is just not where it needs to be for an attraction and IP of that magnitude.
Piggy-backing onto my other post, I think that building out simple Fantasyland type dark rides for Pinocchio, Tangled, Aladdin/Genie, 101 Dalmatians, and Jungle Book similar to Peter Pan would meet this criteria and is what I had in mind when making this comment. Disney could look at what Seaworld Orlando has done with the Sesame Street characters for a Muppetland and do it better:

Carsland, Marvel, and Mandalorian would be for the bigger E-ticket rides.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They don’t need to tear it down, as long as there’s land for expansion (I’m not as good at that as many others on this board).

But a boat ride can still be tons of fun when executed properly. Na’vi has shaman issues but is no slouch, and a ton of fun.

I’m imagining some kind of ride through the swamps of Dagobah, watching Yoda train Luke, culminating in the raising of his X-Wing. Or the moon of Endor, with scenes from the battle there. Plenty of merch to be sold with cute but vicious Ewoks.

I know that we’re on Batuu, but certainly the resistance could invest in a museum or interpretive site on Black Spire that could host something like that.
The theming is all wrong…they continue to try and push a product that’s dull at best and awful at worst.

but an expansion is always preferable. The real embarrassing thing in Orlando is Comcast actually ads things that they find work…while Disney touches NOTHING for decades. It’s like if they just sit on the bad…the customers will start to call it “good”

…probably because it works everytime

Trackmaster

A B&M wing coaster would be a great being coaster.

My philosophy is that I have Cedar Fair, Herschend, SEAS, Hershey, and all of the other parks for coaster stuff. I love them and I make it a major hobby of mine to get everywhere, but ultimately I want those parks to give me my coasters (but I won't argue with great theming or dark rides from them either), and I want Disney to be Disney. Their answer for extreme rides is stuff like Mission: SPACE or Tower of Terror: unique ride experiences that you can't get anywhere else that most parks can't afford, not just more coasters. To me, coasters are awesome, and just have a certain cost efficiency to them. I appreciate Disney and Universal having the investment capital to provide ride experiences that the regional parks just can't afford. It would be like begging Ferrari or Lamborghini to stop doing what they do and to focus on $30,000 family cars.

scottb411

A 5-8 hour line for a popcorn bucket is why I support Disney's decision on Genie+ LL:

There are two different types of guests visiting Disney World now and the pay-to-ride requirement is allowing tourists that visit Disney World a few times in their life to experience all of the attractions that Disney has in a single trip. A 5-8 hour line for this wouldn't have happened 10-20 years ago and I'm sure is attributed to online knowledge sharing in social media groups that weren't available 10-20 years ago. I'm also guessing that the Disney fans that are against Genie+ would also be more satisfied with Disney if they did more of these non-ride offerings like more specialty popcorn buckets (ie. Dreamfinder) in the future? There are more ways to have a great time at Disney than just the rides.

Trackmaster

A 5-8 hour line for a popcorn bucket is why I support Disney's decision on Genie+ LL:

There are two different types of guests visiting Disney World now and the pay-to-ride requirement is allowing tourists that visit Disney World a few times in their life to experience all of the attractions that Disney has in a single trip. A 5-8 hour line for this wouldn't have happened 10-20 years ago and I'm sure is attributed to online knowledge sharing in social media groups that weren't available 10-20 years ago. I'm also guessing that the Disney fans that are against Genie+ would also be more satisfied with Disney if they did more of these non-ride offerings like more specialty popcorn buckets (ie. Dreamfinder) in the future? There are more ways to have a great time at Disney than just the rides.

I guess that the counter argument is "the really long stand-by lines wouldn't exist if not for Fast Pass taking up 90% of capacity for popular rides." Ultimately I am a Fast Pass supporter, albeit the systems are always flawed in some way. It seems like the more complicated they make stuff, the more it benefits the locals and/or diehards who are just able to learn the systems and exploit them. Charging for it helps some, but the price is so low it still kind of comes down to it being a loophole that can be exploited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom