Your thoughts on Mama Melrose's

Markz

Original Poster
In my mind, Hollywood Studios as always been associated with low quality "Americanized" food. That was until I found Mama Melrose's...

We decided to give it a shot (considering the amount of negative or neutral reviews found on-line) during our may 2011 trip and we we're pleasantly surprise to say the least

I had the 4 cheese pasta, and the rest of my table had : margarita pizza, chicken flatbred and romanoff vodka and tomato pasta.

We tried a little bit of each other's meal and I gotta say everything was VERY good.

The décor/atmosphere is nice, the open kitchen is very cool, the staff is very friendly and the food is tremendous...

What do you guys think?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I thought the food was very tasty as did my husband. I had the pasta ala vodka and we shared the breads and spreads. Hubby had the chicken parm. We would love to go back again.

HouCuseChickie

We went back in December. Our salads were nice- nothing special, but nice. What's funny- my dad was the only one who got a more semi-traditional dish (shrimp Pippette) and it was one of the only things deemed "just OK." DH and I each got the steak and thought it was very good. My mom got the tuna and loved it. I got the cannoli cake for dessert and thought it was just meh. As a whole, we enjoyed the meal and really liked the atmosphere...we'd go back...especially for the Fantasmic pkg again.

tjkref418

I think it serves some average to above average food. As another poster said, food ranges from OK to very good. Nothing sticks out as "awful" or "must have" On our most recent trip I tried the calamari and penne alla vodka. Both were good.

armyfamilyof5

We've dined there many times with the Fantasmic! package and my family loves it. My husband has the spicy pasta dish everytime and the kids love both the calamari and the breads with dipping sauces. I've had the steak with blue cheese and a shrimp pasta dish which were both very good. We are lucky, we've never had anything that wasn't good there!

mickeysshoes

Mama's has always been a fall back ADR for us. Just like in the MK, HS need more choices. Or the ones there need some fine tuning!!! We will be eating our first lunch here in 66 days!!!!

jlevis

We went there for the first time in April. Food and service was very good. Will probably go back when we're there in September.

captainkidd

Only been once, but I didn't like it. I had the chicken parm, and it wasn't very good. Then again, I had a really bad stomach bug that week, so it could have been delicious and I probably wouldn't have liked it.

Monorail Lime

I thought the food was on par with Olive Garden. Not to say that Olive Garden isn't good, in fact I quite like it, but I'd prefer something a little more unique when I'm on vacation.

LowesChevy

We do lunch at MM eavery year. We share salads, apps and flatbreads and they have always been very good. Service has been consistently great as well.

The food and theme is touted as Italian cusine with a Californian flare. I suppose if you are looking for more typical Italian cuisine head to Tutto, Portobello or Via Napoli, even Il Mulino whom offers a very diverse Italian menu.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Count me in with the Mama Melrose fans. Food is pretty good, decor is pretty nice, location is great considering the other food options at DHS. If you plan on not leaving DHS for a day/night. Melrose is the best option by a lot.

disney1077

I thought the food at Mama Melrose was actually quite good. The calamari was really good. I had the chicken parm and my mom had the eggplant napolean. And we both enjoyed the meal. cant wait to go again when we do the fantasmic package.

mickey2008.1

We went last december, and it was the first time we thought it was bad. Got the shrimp pipette, came with chicken, then remade with shrimp, which were pre cooked and frozen. The steak with cipolini was over cooked and chewy. The calamari was a hit though. I left to go to the bathroom, and my wife told the manager what i thought, being frozen precooked shrimp, and select steak, and the manager said, " he's right, what is he, a chef?" And yes I am:ROFLOL:

WDW 3

We ate there last October and everyone liked our meals. The bread was HOT and wonderful. I had the sprimp pipette and it was really good.

Tomi-Rocket

we like it....

We enjoyed it enough on our last trip in '09 to go there again on this year's trip in Sept. My DH and I ate there on our honeymoon back in '94 and I remember even back then we liked it. :)

WishIWasAtWDW

we just went for the first time last december and i was pleasantly surprised. i hardly ever eat at a sit down restaurant in dhs for dinner so last december we were trying to decide where to eat and i am happy we chose mama melroses'. i thought our appetizers and entrees were good, but nothing great. our desserts however we AMAZING! we had the gelato and the chocolate amarettini cheesecake and they were both delicious! :slurp:

Markz

Original Poster
Good to know that I am not alone who thoughroughly enjoyed this restaurant!

So far, I have tried Sci-Fi Dine-In and Mama Melrose's... MM takes the upper hand by far

How does it compare to the other table dining restaurants in DHS?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom