Your thoughts - CR or moderate

H20Babie

Just doing some price comparisons and can't decide between the Contemporary (Garden Wing) or a moderate resort.

Moderates during our stay will be $224, while the CR GW is $390. Even a standard ar AKL or WL is $390-400 and for that amount, I'd rather be on the monorail. (Just me and DS 10).

So, just gathering some opinions and advice ... would you keep the cash and stay at a mod or splurge and stay at the CR?

MaryJaneP

I have spent honeymoon and multiple trips with 5 in my group in a CR GW room. We have always enjoyed the conveniences of CR. However, I have to agree that it is probably not worth $170 a night extra. Remember if there are any delays/incoveniences, that you are saving a boatload of $ and try to enjoy being in WDW at all and how many of us are jealous that we aren't there also.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

go mod and consider one with great pool themeing if DS is any kind of swimmer. He really might enjoy some down time at a great pool. Just a thought.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Being on the monorail is not worth 170 a night.

I completely disagree, but in this case I'd stay at a moderate only because Garden Wing at Contemporary is the last place in WDW I'd want to stay. Being on the monorail is worth it if you have young children and spend a lot of time at the Magic Kingdom. I would love to stay at the Boardwalk, but the monorail is just too convenient for us.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom