Your Reviews of Beauty and the Beast!

MMDisneyPodcaster

Original Poster
Ok so I went to the opening weekend showing of the new Beauty and the Beast live-action feature and I am still really deciding how I feel about it. I think its a good movie as a stand alone movie. But I cant help but compare it to the animated version and that makes it a just ok movie. What did you guys think?

D

Deleted member 107043

I haven't seen it yet, but the reviews have been very good. It pulled in an impressive $170 million at the box office this weekend.

belledream

I didn't look at it as a comparison of the original. I took it as a 'special treat' or 'bonus' of bringing my favorite Disney movie to life with a new, stunning production. Of course, my perception of how successful the new cast was may be due to my bias towards growing up loving Emma Watson, but even so, the rest of the cast was so good. Even Lumiere and Cogsworth (LOTR nerd alert, another bias!) were reiminagined in a way that made me still love the old and new characters. The set, the costumes, and the songs were such a joy to see and listen to! I also appreciated the humor that also appealed to the adult audiences more. "I just realized I'm illiterate and never had to spell it before..." I was truly captivated and thought about it all day and night after watching.

MMDisneyPodcaster

Original Poster
I did like the new characters the Cadenza and Garderobe were great and I really like how Josh Gad played Lefou. It was difficult to get into some of the songs due to the change in lyrics and I did think that both Emma Watson and Luke Evans were a bit strained when it came to their vocal performances. It doesn't take a lot away from their overall performance but just one of the things that stuck out to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom