Your overlay ideas!

Sped2424

Original Poster
Think of some attractions that you love, that could get a cool overlay for a specific season for an attraction that currently does not have one!
Mine would be big thunder mountain railroad. I would have a Halloween overlay that would be revenge of the thunder bird. See the phantom manor attraction back story claims that the natives say that the mountain itself is haunted by something known as the Thunderbird and that the Thunderbird itself possess a great treasure. So my overlay would be to give big thunder a Halloween overlay, much like space has ghost galaxy this shall be Rise of the Thunderbird. They would paint the tallest rock formation as if lightning had just struck it! The first show scene with the rainbow caverns would instead have fog before you enter the cavern with a projection of the creature awakening on the wall, when looking at the puddles instead of them being empty they all have gold bars and coins within them, you attention is caught by the projection and after it stretches its wings it screeches causing a lightning bolt to strike the floor (Perhaps a rod and some strobe lights or projection with some great audio) Then you descend into the ride. After that I want there to be strange glowing symbols throughout the ride that look ancient, almost like a warning that has now come to light due to the presence of the bird. The next show scene would be in the fake broken track scene. The room would be pitch black instead of its usual dim lights and all you would see is fog at the top of the lift where the broken tracks are, glowing blue eyes would be behind them and just before you slowly descend out of the room an animatronic head of the thunder bird would lash out and screech. you would then continue along the track and see more strange symbols glowing on the walls. Now here is where I am debating either leave the final scene alone, or since the thunderbird has awakened and usually calamity follows have that huge water cavern at the end of the ride drained and put fog in it with blue glowing eyes glaring at you from the bottom of it, as if you have just barely escaped. SO what do you guys think? I wanna see what you guys come up with!

Headupjustin

I think a splash mountain Christmas overlay would be cool. Just add some Christmas decorations and add some new effects maybe with like snowflake projections and new audio to fit with it. Maybe like brier fox trying to ruin Christmas or something along those lines.

Sam Magic

I think a splash mountain Christmas overlay would be cool. Just add some Christmas decorations and add some new effects maybe with like snowflake projections and new audio to fit with it. Maybe like brier fox trying to ruin Christmas or something along those lines.
Splashin Christmas at Splash Mountain.

I would love to see a World Showcase overlay where all the nations celebrate native traditions and all WS rides get Christmas overlays, all drawn together through nation specific holiday decorations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom