Your Opinions: Is 47 too old to audition???

DisneyFanLS

Original Poster
I have an EXCELLENT singing voice and am a VERY accomplished guitarist. I would absolutely LOVE to work at Walt Disney World!!! Do you think I'm too old to audition?? :rolleyes: Have any others auditioned who have a bit of age on them?? Your opinions are VERY important as I'm attempting to decide to make the trip to Florida in June for the open singing auditions??!! Thanks SO much in advance for any and all responses..... :D

barnum42

If you are auditioning to be Snow White, then I would say a bit too old :lol:

Seriously though - if they have a spot for your talents the age won't matter. I think there is a section of the official website that lists types of performer they regularly audition for and any current roles available.

Mecha Figment

There are several mainstreet characters that are around that age that you could easily play. Perhaps a few street characters at MGM. And there is at least one 60 year old that is still performing Mickey.

CAPTAIN HOOK

If your dream is to work at WDW then what have you got to lose by attending the auditions ??

If you don't go you'll never know.

Go for it - and good luck

RonAnnArbor

You should absolutely go for it if you are interested -- I am in my mid-40's and have many friends that moved to Orlando to work at Disney, starting in their 30's. They are always telling me to move down and audition and work there too and that they are always looking for people in the 30's and 40's to fill some of the roles. We were all broadway performers at one time, until our career paths took us different ways. GO AUDITION!!!!

DisneyFanLS

Original Poster
Many, MANY thanks guys (and gals)....I think I'll make the trek down for the June 21 open auditions!!! Thanks AGAIN!!!! :animwink:

Tim G

DisneyFanLS said:
I have an EXCELLENT singing voice and am a VERY accomplished guitarist. I would absolutely LOVE to work at Walt Disney World!!! Do you think I'm too old to audition?? :rolleyes: Have any others auditioned who have a bit of age on them?? Your opinions are VERY important as I'm attempting to decide to make the trip to Florida in June for the open singing auditions??!! Thanks SO much in advance for any and all responses..... :D
You're age shouldn't be that much of a problem... errr... not to offend you, but.... What's your physical condition, how do you look... (i mean young of heart & mind doesn't do the job) I think you know what I mean...

But I just would try it.... Go for it!... They only thing that could happen is, that they say No! And that's NOT the end of the world...

Good Luck!

WDWKat26

Mecha, he's talking about singing...not about being in fur.

Anyway, my honest opinion would be to go for it! There's so many options open at Disney for singers. Definitely go to the Equity audition, but be forwarned...the auditions are very tough. I don't doubt that you have a great singing voice, but definitely check out auditions and sing your little heart out!

barnum42

RonAnnArbor said:
:cry:

OOH -- that's bad luck to an actor....BREAK A LEG !!!!
It's not bad luck to wish a performer "good luck". The superstition is that if you are also a performer and wish someone "good luck" you will loose some of your own.

Although people don't wish me "break a leg" since I did just that during one show. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom