Your first Disney running event was?

surfsupdon

Original Poster
Whether it was runDisney or the Disney Endurance Series, what was your first race run at the Disney Parks? Do you remember the year?

My first race was the 2007 Inaugural Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 13K. It marked the Tower’s iconic 13th birthday and I’ve been hooked ever since.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
why can't it be like this next weekend? I can't go from 20 degree training to 70 degree running 😢😢😢

The last cool Princess weekend was in 2016, if I remember.

Lows those 3 days will be upper 60s, highs in the mid 80s.

RunningKoen

Mine was the inaugural Half Marathon at DLP; I wasn’t a runner but wanted to do something challenging for my 50th. When it was announced that the half was the day before my 50th, I took that as a “sign” it was meant to be 😉

Same for me, inaugural Half Marathon weekend. Although the marathon weekend of 2018 was booked earlier, the experience in Paris was my first and got me seriously hooked.

surfsupdon

Original Poster
A lot of our first races have been the half marathon distance. Nice job!

I ran Disney since 2007 but I did not work up the courage for a half marathon until 2011’s Wine&Dine. Prior to that were the trio of Tower13Ks and an Everest!

thumper

2015 Wine & Dine Half Marathon (or not really!) - last nighttime race...being corralled like cattle into the Field House due to lightning...stepping off at around midnight...hitting the after party at 2 am...good times!

Texas84

2015 Wine & Dine Half Marathon (or not really!) - last nighttime race...being corralled like cattle into the Field House due to lightning...stepping off at around midnight...hitting the after party at 2 am...good times!
I was there. Wondering what the contingency plan is for lightning at a TTC start. 🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom