• Adidas

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

Greenlawler

Original Poster
I like polls, I think they are fun.

Since I started running I have always been fascinated with the different types of shoes and brands.

I started running with Asics but quickly discovered Saucony...

For years I prefered Saucony, but came around to Nike recently. I still wear New Balance on occasion mainly to show off my Disney (Dumbo and Donald) kicks.

I have never tried Adidas, or Reebok. Have tried Brooks on occasion and never liked the feel.

What's your favorite?

Texas84

Ran with Brooks back in school and moved to New Balance because of (sort of, sometimes, not always) Made in USA label. Used them before they became official runDisney. Tried the runDisney models and the Fresh Foam but went back to my trusty 880s.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I run in Asics...Gel 360s specifically. Need that extra cushioning in the sole. Tried on Brooks at my local running store, loved the fit and weight of the shoes, but really needed the extra cushioning. Something for you youngsters out there to know - as you get older, that small layer of fat in the sole of your foot thins (think it went to my hips ;)), as your feet grow, both in length and width.

Workout in NB, because they offer a workout shoe with the stability you need for lifting and cardio, but without the sole cushioning needed for running.

I get properly measured at my running store...and then buy the shoes on Amazon, usually two pairs at a time, so I don't have the hassle of "what happened to that model of shoe I loved?!" when it's time for a new pair.

Greenlawler

Original Poster
I mainly do Nike because I can find the Pegasus for cheap locally, like around $50-70

and it's a fine shoe for my needs. Considering I run about 35-40 miles a week in non-training times I run through shoes quickly.

Last edited:

MKCP 1985

I learned a lesson worth sharing here when I went to my local running store with a pre-conceived notion that I wanted a certain brand's certain shoe. Instead of just selling me the shoe, they had me try it on and run for a little bit on a treadmill, and then do the same with another shoe from a different brand. Surprise to me - the other shoe was more comfortable and ended up being a great running shoe. When it came time to replace that pair, it was another brand's shoe that was the better match.

That's a long way of saying there are a number of shoe companies that put out an excellent product but brand loyalty can be harmful to your feet. When it comes to running, go with what fits and feels good, not what the stripe on the side of the shoe looks like.

lukacseven

When I started running, I was fitted at a running store for Asics and found them adequate, a bit heavy but later found that I did not need a stability shoe and run more efficiently with a low heel-to-toe drop. Tried some Nike - got hot spots on my forefoot - too much heel. Tried New Balance, but didn't feel good - cut into my ankles and rubbed in spots (also big heel). Tried Saucony, but the shoes wore very quickly - both soles and upper, although like the weight and feel. On a recommendation from a friend who was into triathlons, I tried Newton and have been running in them ever since. Long lasting (over 400 miles), durable, light weight and comfortable for a mid-foot strike. A little pricey, but you can find discontinued colors on the cheap. I currently have 3 pair in my rotation for running and another for casual. Require very little break in once you are used to the unique feel.

Greenlawler

Original Poster
I learned a lesson worth sharing here when I went to my local running store with a pre-conceived notion that I wanted a certain brand's certain shoe. Instead of just selling me the shoe, they had me try it on and run for a little bit on a treadmill, and then do the same with another shoe from a different brand. Surprise to me - the other shoe was more comfortable and ended up being a great running shoe. When it came time to replace that pair, it was another brand's shoe that was the better match.

That's a long way of saying there are a number of shoe companies that put out an excellent product but brand loyalty can be harmful to your feet. When it comes to running, go with what fits and feels good, not what the stripe on the side of the shoe looks like.

Of course....

But

When I find a shoe I like the best I tend to believe that is the best brand... It does not really change the question.

So maybe I should ask favorite shoe you run in and what brand is it?

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Partial to Asics Gel 360. Just bought a new pair and they are neon orange! More of a neutral color running shoe kinda girl, so I'm going to have to remind myself while running to not look down at those bright shoes. :angelic:

ForeverAnna

Partial to Asics Gel 360. Just bought a new pair and they are neon orange! More of a neutral color running shoe kinda girl, so I'm going to have to remind myself while running to not look down at those bright shoes. :angelic:

I know what you mean. When I went to buy my current pair I kept reminding myself that color doesn't matter. I got lucky, the ones that worked best ended up being mostly dark grey with mint green and a bit of lime green.

sheriffwoody

I've had Saucony, Brooks and Adidas in the past, and I've liked all three. I am mostly sticking with Adidas now because I love the Boost technology.

Oh I also have some Nike trail shoes that I like a lot. I'm not a loyalist, clearly.

21stamps

When I started running, I was fitted at a running store for Asics and found them adequate, a bit heavy but later found that I did not need a stability shoe and run more efficiently with a low heel-to-toe drop. Tried some Nike - got hot spots on my forefoot - too much heel. Tried New Balance, but didn't feel good - cut into my ankles and rubbed in spots (also big heel). Tried Saucony, but the shoes wore very quickly - both soles and upper, although like the weight and feel. On a recommendation from a friend who was into triathlons, I tried Newton and have been running in them ever since. Long lasting (over 400 miles), durable, light weight and comfortable for a mid-foot strike. A little pricey, but you can find discontinued colors on the cheap. I currently have 3 pair in my rotation for running and another for casual. Require very little break in once you are used to the unique feel.

This is where I'm a cheapskate lol. I get measured at a running store, and then I search online for a better deal on the shoe.lol

I love Nike, but not for running. Asics are the only shoe I will run in, but do not wear them for anything else.

LAKid53

Premium Member
This is where I'm a cheapskate lol. I get measured at a running store, and then I search online for a better deal on the shoe.lol

I love Nike, but not for running. Asics are the only shoe I will run in, but do not wear them for anything else.

Brilliant minds think alike. I too go browsing at my local running store, get properly fitted and then go online at Amazon to compare prices. If I can save $20-$25 on a pair of $150 running shoes online, I have no problems buying shoes that way.

21stamps

Brilliant minds think alike. I too go browsing at my local running store, get properly fitted and then go online at Amazon to compare prices. If I can save $20-$25 on a pair of $150 running shoes online, I have no problems buying shoes that way.
They know I do it every time. Ha ha. Normally something that I need is on sale there, so I'll buy a tank or shorts..the I go home to check Amazon for the shoes. :) I doubt you and I are the only ones who do that! Darn internet deals ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom