Your favorite recipe to make from WDW

dopeylover

Original Poster
Hi All!

I've been reading so many trip reports and dining threads, I'm really hungry...And really thinking about my favorite WDW meals!! We had a delicious dinner at Jiko on our honeymoon, and the waiter was nice enough to bring out the recipes from all the food we had eaten b/c I had told them how much I loved it. Some of it is a bit complicated, but I do try to make it every year around our anniversary if I have time to do so.

Do you have WDW cookbooks? Have you ever gotten something so delish you asked for the recipe? What is your fav WDW food to re-create at home?

If anyone is interested, I'll grab my recipes and share...

Aurora1

Hi All!

I've been reading so many trip reports and dining threads, I'm really hungry...And really thinking about my favorite WDW meals!! We had a delicious dinner at Jiko on our honeymoon, and the waiter was nice enough to bring out the recipes from all the food we had eaten b/c I had told them how much I loved it. Some of it is a bit complicated, but I do try to make it every year around our anniversary if I have time to do so.

Do you have WDW cookbooks? Have you ever gotten something so delish you asked for the recipe? What is your fav WDW food to re-create at home?

If anyone is interested, I'll grab my recipes and share...

That's so awesome that they gave you the recipes! I have a few old Disney Cookbooks that used to belong to my mom and I love it! They're not many of the recipes that are around today, which I like!

dopeylover

Original Poster
That's so awesome that they gave you the recipes! I have a few old Disney Cookbooks that used to belong to my mom and I love it! They're not many of the recipes that are around today, which I like!

I was told they actually do it in quite a few places, all you have to do is ask!

aw14

At Boma, my wife asked for several recipes, and our waiter was very kind and brought her each one. My favorite was their peanut rice. Outstanding little side dish

The Incredible Schmulk

We've made a bunch of things from various Disney cookbooks over the years, but the thing we make most is the Hitipi dip from Spoodles. I don't know if it's necessarily our favorite, but we make it all of the time. I'm simplifying it here a little bit, but essentially just equal parts of feta cheese and a half and half mixture of sour cream and plain Greek yogurt. Add in some black pepper and fresh garlic, blend well in a food processor and you have a dip. It's that easy.

We even make it using all fat free ingredients, and it still comes out awesome. It's great with flatbread, and it also makes for a tasty vegetable dip. It's a healthy game day alternative that tastes like it should be far worse for you than it actually is.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I like to make the beer cheese soup from Le Cellier, Mama Melroses chicken parm, ooey gooey toffee cake from Liberty Tree Tavern, and potatoes with Afritude from Boma

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom