Your favorite portable cellphone battery?

I'm looking for a decent portable battery to keep my phone alive in the parks. My current little charger is light, but only about 1,100 mAh, which is fine in an emergency but only adds 20 percent to a charge.

So what do you personally like that's light, charges well and doesn't cost more than, say, $50?

J_Krafty24

I like RAVpower brand battery packs. They are very highly rated on Amazon. I have had Anker in the past and feel RAV has a better physical design.

Regardless of which you choose you want a brand that has been around awhile (lots of good verified purchaser reviews on Amazon dating back at least a couple years). You will want to look at the weight and overall dimensions if you plan on carrying it in your pocket. You will want rounded corners and edges so that you don't have sharp corners stabbing you in the leg while it is in your pocket. I like having a small led flashlight incorporated into the battery pack. I prefer at least 2 ports both over 2amp.

You will also want to make sure you have a quality 2+ amp capable charger to recharge the battery pack overnight. Less than that and you risk it not being full and ready for the next day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MagicKatMe

Original Poster
I like RAVpower brand battery packs. They are very highly rated on Amazon. I have had Anker in the past and feel RAV has a better physical design.

Regardless of which you choose you want a brand that has been around awhile (lots of good verified purchaser reviews on Amazon dating back at least a couple years). You will want to look at the weight and overall dimensions if you plan on carrying it in your pocket. You will want rounded corners and edges so that you don't have sharp corners stabbing you in the leg while it is in your pocket. I like having a small led flashlight incorporated into the battery pack. I prefer at least 2 ports both over 2amp.

You will also want to make sure you have a quality 2+ amp capable charger to recharge the battery pack overnight. Less than that and you risk it not being full and ready for the next day.

Really great information! Thank you.

Upvote 0

s8film40

I just got this one at Target. Seems most locations have them on clearance. It’s not the biggest battery, but it’s nice not having to deal with wires if your phone supports wireless charging.
D551FC06-341A-4D45-B189-B17D14F952B8.jpeg

Upvote 0

erinnn77

Absolutely love my Anker Powercore 26800, it’s pricey but they go on sale often. I can get 10 iPhone charges and charge 3 devices at once. They have lesser options that are just as good!

Upvote 0

ThemedScream

I love Anker products, and their customer service is on point as well. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Has anyone used the vending machine ones from the parks? Are they at all worthwhile?

I used to use mine quite a bit while playing Pokemon Go in the parks, because it was super lightweight and I could just grab another one when it died. They aren't the best, and they will die fairly quickly (perhaps 1.5 charges), but you're paying for the convenience here. I've had mine for about 2 years, and have probably swapped it out over 200 times! Also if you happen to lose/break the cable/adapters that come with the kit, they'll give you a new one through the kiosk for free.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom