Your favorite album from 2012

harveyt0206

Original Poster
While Disney is at the top of my obsession list, the other topic I love to talk about is music. I love getting music recommendations from friends, family and even strangers. :).

So, what was your favorite album in 2012? It doesn't have to be an album that was released in 2012, just an album that you fell in love with this year.

I have three: "Ceremonials" by Florence and the Machine and "Ukelele Songs" by Eddie Vedder.

I also fell in love with Mira by Melody Gardot

PUSH

While I do not love "Ceremonials" in general, Shake It Out has become my song of the year and currently sits for sure in my top 3 all-time favorites. I thank How I Met Your Mother for introducing me to that song.

I usually don't love albums, but a few songs from each. I fell in love with Bohemian Rhapsody this year. I feel like I've missed out for many years. :p

And I also fell in love with Elise Testone from American Idol this year. Complete talent. Not perfect execution of every note, but you can feel the emotion and passion she puts into every song. I also love the raspy voice of hers. So unique.

harveyt0206

Original Poster
While I do not love "Ceremonials" in general, Shake It Out has become my song of the year and currently sits for sure in my top 3 all-time favorites. I thank How I Met Your Mother for introducing me to that song.

I usually don't love albums, but a few songs from each. I fell in love with Bohemian Rhapsody this year. I feel like I've missed out for many years. :p

And I also fell in love with Elise Testone from American Idol this year. Complete talent. Not perfect execution of every note, but you can feel the emotion and passion she puts into every song. I also love the raspy voice of hers. So unique.

I can't say that I know much about Elise Testone, or any of the American Idol contestants for that matter. I will have to look her up.

I love that you just discovered Bohemian Rhapsody. :) Queen is/was an amazing band. Freddy Mercury's voice is one for the ages.

wiigirl

Aerosmith - Music from another Dimension.

:)
75.gif

PUSH

I can't say that I know much about Elise Testone, or any of the American Idol contestants for that matter. I will have to look her up.

I love that you just discovered Bohemian Rhapsody. :) Queen is/was an amazing band. Freddy Mercury's voice is one for the ages.

She doesn't have any albums out yet, and I'm not sure when she will. Her American Idol songs are still on iTunes I believe. Other than her I've only really loved two or three other singers from that show.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
In a year where the old dogs proved they could still learn new tricks, with albums from Rush, Aerosmith, Asia, The Cult, Jethro Tull, ZZ Top and Skynyrd, it was a package from Europe in the shape of their Bag of Bones album that edged it for me, and gets my vote as pleasant surprise of the year . However in a year that saw a new Marillion release, sounds that cant be made, which sees the band maintain their fine run of artistic form,I have shied away from selecting it and opted instead for Rival Sons - Head Down as my album of the year.

Rival Sons were also part of my gig of the year, opening for Black Stone Cherry, the small venue setting and electric atmosphere edging out the arena show also featuring them with Theory of a Deadman and Alterbridge.

harveyt0206

Original Poster
I'm just teasin'. I still call them albums too. Though I do buy singles from itunes.

Oh, i thought your comment was hilarious. :)

I have finally moved in to the 21st century. I too buy most everything from iTunes. That was psychologically difficult at first. I missed my tangible, touchable CDs. But I am on board now. :)

captainkidd

Oh, i thought your comment was hilarious. :)

I have finally moved in to the 21st century. I too buy most everything from iTunes. That was psychologically difficult at first. I missed my tangible, touchable CDs. But I am on board now. :)

There are some artists I will still buy the physical CD for. Bon Jovi, Goo Goo Dolls, Motley Crue. I know what you mean though. It was tough to make the change.

GeoDonJac34

This probably doesn't count, but a few weeks ago I went to see Blue Oyster Cult with some friends. I left extremely impressed with their non radio music. Buck Dharmas vocals were incredible. My next album will be old BOC. Not sure which one yet.

Beholder

I'm liking Threshold, March of Progress, but there're are so many, I'm not sure I could pick one release. I still by CD's in most cases, but turn around and put it on my iPhone. I'll go into the 21st century kicking and screaming.

@Pumbas Nakasak - love The Cult!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom