Your favorite, ahem......restroom?

Tom

Beta Return
I can't say that I have a favorite. But being an experienced park stormer, it was fun to read everyone's votes, and to picture in my mind where they're talking about. I was able to mentally locate all except one - the one on the back side of the Imagination building. I never knew there were restrooms there, and now I just GOTTA see 'em for myself!

There's nothing aesthetically incredible about them. In fact, they're pretty plain from what I remember. But their biggest asset is the fact that nobody knows they're back there!

I like my public restroom one of two ways when making a deposit:

1) Completely empty, besides me

2) Large and extremely busy. Always 3 or 4 flushes happening at once, which provides a nice screen of loud white noise.

FrostyNaples

My favorite is usually whichever one is least occupied, but "proximity in an emergency" outranks that. And now that you mention it, the one behind Imagination served exactly that purpose on a recent trip. I had no idea it was back there (and apparently neither does anyone else), but my eye caught a glimpse of the small directional sign in a moment of panic. My sincere condolences to the custodial CM who was meandering back there as I was leaving.

LOL, best kept secret SHHHHHHHH!!!:D

Maelstrom Troll

My favorites so far in the Biergarten, Norway, and Coral Reef. Good a/c (who wants to be hot in the John?), clean, and a little off the beaten path. Of course, the sidewalk or landscaping also work while in a long queue.

Tinkerbella16

I am so so so weird about public restrooms- I hate them! I only never mind using them when in Disney because most of them are so clean. The cleanest/nicest ones I can remember off the top of my head were the restrooms as San Angel Inn. If you have to use the restroom in the Mexico pavilion, they direct you to the restaurant... they were SO nice (not very big), but clean and nice. I also remember the restrooms at Bay Lake Tower, TOTWL being really nice and still like new.

Now I must say there is one I just can't go into anymore because they were filthy every single time.. The restrooms at Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Ugh!!!! Been to HDDR plenty of times and they are the same every single time... I just stopped going in because it is that bad. People are a lot to blame with this one- just gross!

draybook

Original Poster
bathroom_zpsvaqui4su.jpg

roj2323

The companion restroom to the right side of the Streets of America restroom. It only gets used maybe 4 times a day by primarily cast members so It's always clean and the air conditioning is awesome. If I'm just going based on appearance I'd have to say the Tangled pretty potties.

roj2323

As a former Custodial Cast Member, I hate you. Keep in mind those toilets are cleaner than the one in your house (well most of the time).

For those not in the know, A disney restroom is cleaned at least once an hour. Every toilet is wiped down with disinfectant as well as everything else in the restroom. Some custodians clean their restrooms as often as once every 20 minutes although this is more common with men's restrooms than women's due to the difference in the number of stalls. Additionally every single restroom in the park is hosed down (literally a garden hose) with disinfectant every night.

Haylo

But now, I think it's the one that you get to around back of the Innoventions West plaza. Go through Club Cool, out the back, turn right and go in those doors. It's a big corridor (air conditioned and little used) with a timeline of Epcot's history on the wall. There are some restrooms in there that are always fairly empty. And you can wait in air conditioned bliss for the rest of your party.

I second this! The first time my family showed me this restroom, I kept thinking I was in some off limits area because there was nothing there and nobody else around. Plus, getting a few minutes reprieve in air conditioning is never a bad thing.

On the flip side, I think the worst bathroom I've experienced in Disney was the one right at the start of WS on the Canadian side. It only had 3 stalls I think and felt very small and cramped.

Blackburn23

I like the one in my room the best..... In park I'll take the ones in Electric Umbrella, never busy, and the Dolphin only because my buddy claimed if you peed directly into the drain the urinal would ale Dolphin noises..... Still trying to get those to work

wdwjmp239

I have been a member of this discussion forum/board/website/place of Disney awesomeness for more than 10 years and other than the Mission:SPACE construction ladder discussion forum that was going on for what seems like forever back in 2002-2003, this thread ("Favorite Bathroom") is the thread I've been waiting for! Now, I can sleep at night! LOL!

But, my favorite bathrooms on Disney property are the bathrooms in the Contemporary Resort in the Convention Center. My wife and I stayed at Bay Lake Towers last September and I needed to "Donald" (duck) out of the room for a couple of hours at night after we got back from the parks to grade some papers (I'm an adjunct college professor). So, I found peace and quiet sitting on the floor near the escalators in the convention center with my laptop and grading assignments. Anyways, after drinking water like a "Nemo" (fish), I found the restrooms in the convention center to be very clean and well stocked. That's my preference.

In the parks, however, my favorite restroom seems to be the restrooms on the side of the Imagination Pavilion at Epcot. I don't think those bathrooms are a "figment" of my imagination, but they are, by far, the cleanest bathrooms at Epcot.

Yes, I have Disney on the brain again. We're going again (not to the bathroom) Labor Day weekend! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

P_Radden

There's nothing aesthetically incredible about them. In fact, they're pretty plain from what I remember. But their biggest asset is the fact that nobody knows they're back there!

I like my public restroom one of two ways when making a deposit:

1) Completely empty, besides me

2) Large and extremely busy. Always 3 or 4 flushes happening at once, which provides a nice screen of loud white noise.
Very well put Tom. I am the same way!!

minniemickeyfan

I really like the Tangled bathroom area, however I most enjoyed a cast member singing a Little Mermaid song in the bathroom next to the Garden Grill!
Also,Germany is always the best with a run Disney event since they're up front

Last edited:

Launchpad McQuack

I have to agree with everyone who has said the Tangled restrooms in MK. They are so well-themed, and it's just a great little area. My wife is the type of person who has to use the restroom ALL THE TIME it seems (well, our last trip, she was pregnant, so she has an excuse there), and this area was just great to sit around in while waiting for her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom