Your Favorite Abandoned Disney Attraction

Corgi

Original Poster
I have a huge fascination with all things Disney has abandoned, for example, the second floor Imageworks, or River Country. What is your favorite example of an abandoned Disney project? Do you have any that might not be as well known? (I love hearing about them!)

TwilightZone

Innoventions: I'm counting it. Man it was so cool. Even the disneyland version had it's own special charm. Once the internet was popular it had no chance.
I'm not really sure if it's abandoned anymore, but for a time the global neighborhood at SSE was abandoned.
New%20Global%20Neighborhood.preview.jpg

Centeral

Image works, I want to walk up them stairs look over to S.S.E., (this fantasy I'm imagining the D.V.C. lounge was never added & works) Run to figment's colouring book and the brush to the ground and shoot it, this would trigger pulses of warping rainbows, until it faded to reveal image works in 82 E.P.C.O.T. Center...... Sigh...... But seriously instrumental 'magic journeys' shivers......

Corgi

Original Poster
I wish I could've been there when Image Works was still visible from that vent in the DVC lounge. That would be so cool to see.

NickWilde

I don’t know why, I’ve always been fascinated with Discovery Island. I don’t know why, maybe it’s all the rumors, all the stories, the mythos surrounding the place, or just the idea of an entire mini-park being abandoned just like that. I wish Disney would give tours of the island or something, as I would kinda like to see it with my own eyes, but obviously wouldn’t risk trespassing out of fear of being banned.

TwilightZone

Mr Toad's, & Horizons!!
Timekeeper, Horizons, Great Movie Ride, Tarzan Rocks, to pick one from each park. (Studios and Animal Kingdom not hard to identify, Epcot was the really hard one
Neither of these are abandoned. Abandoned attractions are attractions that are left empty. Those are examples of extinct attractions, attractions that are now gone, but were replaced by something else.

Tobes58

Neither of these are abandoned. Abandoned attractions are attractions that are left empty. Those are examples of extinct attractions, attractions that are now gone, but were replaced by something else.
OK then I'll change to River Country, But that will soon be a Resort.

Centeral

OK then I'll change to River Country, But that will soon be a Resort.
Sorry to be pendantic, but: your use of the connective but is simply misplaced, tough use it as if the fact it is becoming a Resort makes it abandonment by Disney a lesser form of abandonment. (You may have not meant this like that but it is immensely bothering.)

gustaftp

You can even take the elevator behind the stairs and get a quick peek before the DVC CM sends you away.
You can get in the elevator, but it won't go anywhere unless you have card access or wait for someone upstairs to press the button..

Centeral

It's hard to take a grammar critique from someone who says "pendantic". . . . .
It's a joke on writing & texts~ pen, writing
Plus, f.y.i. I did say 'pendantic', but now ai do not, so you can change your post from "says" to "said" 'pendantic'.

Last edited:

Dragonman

I'd probably say the Discovery River Boats in AK. It was a neat concept and a mode of transportation around the park that was never really appreciated. Another would be the Fort Wilderness Railroad, the track route and ties are still there in some places. Btw does anyone know if the track for the old Plaza Swan Boats is still there in the moat ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom