Your Fantasyland Expansion!

walter1901

Original Poster
If you were to expand Fantasyland the way you wanted, without using anything from the current expansion, what would you do, what would you add?

Weather_Lady

First, I'd put in a cool underwater adventure called 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. :cool: Then I'd install a fast-paced, multi-ending adventure called "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride," much like the old one, but trackless, with more than 2 variations, and with a classic-coupe-style ride vehicle that limits peripheral vision even while giving the "driver" some limited steering control, so that every twist and turn is genuinely unexpected. SO NOVEL, and totally awesome.

Then I'd add a first-rate dark ride with a trapeze-style vehicle suspension system, in which the guest travels through "Tangled" as though they were Rapunzel, swinging from her hair. Encounters with Mother Gothel would be reminiscent of Snow White's Scary Adventures, only slicker and more updated.

There would be a second, super-fast dark ride that was Frozen-themed, where the guests travel in sleighs, with an encounter with the snow monster, Elsa's castle rising magically from the snow, the race to Arendelle at the end, and blasts of cold, icy air being blasted throughout. The emphasis of this attraction would be slightly less on storytelling and slightly more on speed, smooth, tummy-tickling twists and turns, and recreating the beautiful scenery and lighting of the film.

There would be NO VIDEO SCREENS in any of these attractions -- but the special effects would be convincing, repeatable and innovative.

Last edited:

38053WDW

With the way LED lighting is .. I wonder if they can test the People Mover with LED outside panels ... once it leaves say Tomorrowland the panels would change to reflect the next land you are in ...

Scuttle

My beef is with Storybook circus, total waste of space IMHO. My wish would have been for dumbo to stay put and extend the forest theming all the way to a Fantasyland forest themed train station.

But I guess the biggest issue I have is the lack a true E-ticket caliber ride. I like the new expansion, but my god does MK need a people eating E-ticket.

SpectroMan93

My plan would be post New Fantasyland expansion involving:

A Tangled dark ride utilizing the trackless system. Each vehicle would have a lantern attached to it. At one point, the vehicle enters the "I See The Light" showroom and the lantern begins to glow. Because of the trackless system, the lanterns appear to float on their own accord. I haven't worked out everything else, but I feel that scene needs to really soar.

Renovate the It's A Small World entrance to be on par with it's global siblings. This would take a lot of work, but my vision would essentially remove all roofing and structure in front/top of the clock facade, and expanding the clock structure to the grandeur of it's counterparts worldwide. This would also be an opportunity to include themed greenery around the queue and remove the claustrophobic feel of that corner of Fantasyland.

As much as I love Philarmagic, it needs to be either redone with new animation or replaced with a new show. This would be a great opportunity for Disney to remove the tent and give this attraction a grander theater entrance and add more live entertainment to the park with a live musical show, the Florida counterpart to California's Aladdin. Whether they do an abridged version of a film or a show with a similar style to Philarmagic, this part of the land is in need of some tlc.

A Beauty and the Beast dark ride with a traditional track system, non-omnimover. The point of view of the ride is that of one of the enchanted objects, as your ride vehicle would reflect. The ride begins where the Prince and all inhabitants of the castle are first transformed, then through various scenes such as watching Belle first enter the castle, being a part of the fun of "Be Our Guest" and a midst the excitement and yearning in "Human Again", watching Belle & Beast fall in love in the ballroom, batting the mob of townspeople, and of course, turning back into a human at the end.

Somewhere I would love Cinderella's Chateau to be included, maybe as a permanent meet and greet for Lady Tremaine, Drizella, and Anastasia as well as housing a walk-through Cinderella attraction.

Sped2424

Okay so my new fantasyland project would be on scale with Disneylands new fantasyland project. I would redo all of the fantasyland's show building and have the architecture vary from place to place changing gradually. For example buildings closer to the castle would have more brick to them much like the castle, but as we move away things get more grandiose and varied. So barvian/scandinavian theme much like over at Disneyland is what I would install everywhere. Peter pan would gain a giant clock tower that would shine yellow like big ben does in the film at night. The ride would be updated to match the new version being installed in shanghai. It's a small world would be pushed farther back to open that bottle neck up and create a nice kind of courtyard area in front of it. The ride's entrance would be a blend of the Disneyland version, except with the architecture found in frozen and it would have the clock in the film hanging above its entrance as a replacement for the original smiley face (Although he would appear every now and again on the clock through projection). Reason why is next to its a small world would be a frozen ride.

This new area would have Frozen, small world, and tangled all found in it. In the middle would be Its a small world directly next to Frozen. The frozen ride would be a matterhorn type ride except with show scenes littered throughout. The queue would enter through Oakens trading post with a talking Olaf selling gifts and a door that says sauna room where you can hear someone say "Hoo hoo" every now and again. You would load on your ride vehicle "Outside" of his store where it looks like you just entered a frozen arendelle much like the film. You would then pass the barn with Kristoff and sven and Anna talking outside their barn and enter a wooded section where wolves would give chase then you would enter a lift hill. On the lift hill you see olaf at the top smiling and waving, the trees on each side of the lift hill are the ones from the scene in which you first meet him. You would then find your way to Elsa's castle which is visible from outside the ride perched proudly on the mountain, and inside the temperature would be about 40 degrees. Here we see Elsa and witness her building sections of the castle but all too soon marshmallow shows up and begins to give chase. You would slide down the staircase and have a huge drop down the mountain with marshmallow showing up in certain spots. You would then enter another showscene where the storm inside elsa is overtaking everything, its now 30 degrees and the wind is very loud, hans would show up with a sword right in front of the vehicle before you would dart off in another direction narrowly dodging a ship. The next room the storm is gone and you see Elsa and Anna holding hands as the snow looks like it begins to disappear all throughout the room Anna is waving at the guests with one hand while Elsa is doing the magic with her free hand, the rest of the gang are in the background all smiling.

Its a small world like I said would be next to this ride and look like it would be apart of arendelle and have key elements of the other small world facades. Inside it would be updated like its cousins overseas. Further down from its a small world would be the tangled dark ride. Which would use a pirates of the caribbean ride system and it would have 2 minor drops in it. Your boats would look like the ones in the film with painted symbols on each of them courtesy of rapunzel. I haven't thought this one out completely but I know I want the lantern scene to be the main "Woah" scene of the ride. You would enter a large room where you could "see" the night sky much like on pirates and the lanterns would be suspended all over the place. Instead of entering a town like in pirates you would be leaving the main town which has a few lanterns into the ocean facing a far off distant castle, where at first the entire room is dark, but then the lanterns begin to show up as if they are being released. Mother gothel would show up a few times like Snow white's scary adventures and the ride would end with Eugene and rapunzel waving with pascal changing colors on rapunzel's shoulders.

I would put in the Beauty and the beast tiki room type show that was supposed to go to paris there instead of belles enchanting tales. Little mermaid would be the original e ticket baxter thought up, and the seven dwarf mine train would stay as would the Be our guest restaurant (Sorry I cheated).

jdmdisney99

Be Our Guest, Beauty and the Beast dark ride, Little Mermaid dark ride, full SDMT, Storybook Circus with a new small LPS ride, Wonderland with Tea Cups and Alice ride, Pinocchio ride replacing Philharmagic for the boys, Tangled dark ride replacing PPF which moves to new Neverland area with Pixie Hollow M&G, Briar Rose dark ride, new facades for all Castle Courtyard.

walter1901

Original Poster
Be Our Guest, Beauty and the Beast dark ride, Little Mermaid dark ride, full SDMT, Storybook Circus with a new small LPS ride, Wonderland with Tea Cups and Alice ride, Pinocchio ride replacing Philharmagic for the boys, Tangled dark ride replacing PPF which moves to new Neverland area with Pixie Hollow M&G, Briar Rose dark ride, new facades for all Castle Courtyard.

I'd replace Pooh before PhilharMagic (IMHO), but I do like the Pinocchio ride idea!:)

mvieguy

My beef is with Storybook circus, total waste of space IMHO. My wish would have been for dumbo to stay put and extend the forest theming all the way to a Fantasyland forest themed train station.

But I guess the biggest issue I have is the lack a true E-ticket caliber ride. I like the new expansion, but my god does MK need a people eating E-ticket.

actually Dumbo is ok where it is, they should have just surrounded it more with trees, and just had dumbo as a hidaway Circus in the middle of the forrest.

but i like the idea of fantasyland forrest train station.

the other ETICKET should have been for girls, A trackless ride system that takes you through pixie hollow and uses special effects with air gusts etc as fairies travel around you. everything would be larger then life, making you feel like the size of a pixie. the outside of the darkride would just be trees and forrest

SpectroMan93

But MK needs capacity. Replacing one ride with another doesn't do much. Replacing a show with a ride does though.
True, but I would hate for the Magic Kingdom to remove a good theater. Increase the capacity with seating and put in something Broadway caliber and it could have similar results to a ride's capacity. I do agree that MK needs capacity.

Magenta Panther

I'd add Cherry Tree Lane, an area devoted to Mary Poppins. The centerpiece would be Admiral Boom's house, complete with a ship on top with cannon, which would go off three times a day to announce morning, noon and night. The house would feature a 3D show devoted to Mary Poppins' London, and there would be a gift shop that looks like the Banks house, featuring Poppins merch as well as the usual Mickey stuff. The rest of the Lane would consist of a tea/coffeehouse (perhaps named "A Spoonful of Sugar") with scones, crumpets, biscuits (cookies), English toffee, and other British sweets, and would feature AAs of Uncle Albert, Bert, Mary, Jane and Michael having a tea party on the ceiling. Outside, there would be Mary and Bert meet-and-greets, and Pearlies, the Supercalifragilistic singers, would be on hand to entertain.

I originally suggested this for DHS, but on second thought, I think this would fit in better in Fantasyland. At any rate, it's criminal that there's no attraction in WDW or Disneyland built around Walt's greatest film. It's high time that was remedied. I'm hoping the success of "Saving Mr. Banks" might give TDO/TDA incentive to create something based on "our Mary". :)

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

My plan would be post New Fantasyland expansion involving:

A Tangled dark ride utilizing the trackless system. Each vehicle would have a lantern attached to it. At one point, the vehicle enters the "I See The Light" showroom and the lantern begins to glow. Because of the trackless system, the lanterns appear to float on their own accord. I haven't worked out everything else, but I feel that scene needs to really soar.

Renovate the It's A Small World entrance to be on par with it's global siblings. This would take a lot of work, but my vision would essentially remove all roofing and structure in front/top of the clock facade, and expanding the clock structure to the grandeur of it's counterparts worldwide. This would also be an opportunity to include themed greenery around the queue and remove the claustrophobic feel of that corner of Fantasyland.

As much as I love Philarmagic, it needs to be either redone with new animation or replaced with a new show. This would be a great opportunity for Disney to remove the tent and give this attraction a grander theater entrance and add more live entertainment to the park with a live musical show, the Florida counterpart to California's Aladdin. Whether they do an abridged version of a film or a show with a similar style to Philarmagic, this part of the land is in need of some tlc.

A Beauty and the Beast dark ride with a traditional track system, non-omnimover. The point of view of the ride is that of one of the enchanted objects, as your ride vehicle would reflect. The ride begins where the Prince and all inhabitants of the castle are first transformed, then through various scenes such as watching Belle first enter the castle, being a part of the fun of "Be Our Guest" and a midst the excitement and yearning in "Human Again", watching Belle & Beast fall in love in the ballroom, batting the mob of townspeople, and of course, turning back into a human at the end.

Somewhere I would love Cinderella's Chateau to be included, maybe as a permanent meet and greet for Lady Tremaine, Drizella, and Anastasia as well as housing a walk-through Cinderella attraction.

I like all of your ideas except for the Tangled ride. I really don't think that film's popular enough and/or has enough potential in it for any kind of ride. And I would NEVER remove Philharmagic - but I WOULD update the film to state-of-the-art 3D, instead of the dated fuzzy version it has now (shame on you, TDO! That movie is great and a total crowd-pleaser. Stop being so cheap!)

SpectroMan93

I like all of your ideas except for the Tangled ride. I really don't think that film's popular enough and/or has enough potential in it for any kind of ride. And I would NEVER remove Philharmagic - but I WOULD update the film to state-of-the-art 3D, instead of the dated fuzzy version it has now (shame on you, TDO! That movie is great and a total crowd-pleaser. Stop being so cheap!)
I actually believe the movie is plenty popular, at least among my age group and below it is. I'm hoping Disney creates a ride for Tangled or Frozen soon though. CGI animation and animatronics would work really well together. Don't get me wrong, I adore Philarmagic. Probably my favorite attraction behind the Haunted Mansion. But I agree, that animation and 3D needs an upgrade pronto. Though I also think it would be nice if the Magic Kingdom had a great musical to call it's own.

jdmdisney99

True, but I would hate for the Magic Kingdom to remove a good theater. Increase the capacity with seating and put in something Broadway caliber and it could have similar results to a ride's capacity. I do agree that MK needs capacity.
If I were in charge that wouldn't happen. I would use all of that unused space in PFH and have a show after the meet and greets.

AllydoesDisney

I'm completely on board with Tangled and Frozen rides. And Beauty and the Beast too. I like rides based on movies so throw in any of them. Phillarmagic could use an update. I love it though. Maybe change up the movies a bit. Since we have Cinderella's Castle, maybe there should be a Cinderella ride too.

mm121

great ideas everyone.. now just need some space to build.. rather than trying to cram more into existing space and replacing things. its time to increase the area used for attractions..

magic-kingdom-ultimate-expansion-jpg.50014

The Ultimate Magic Kingdom Expansion

MK definitely needs some PEOPLE EATER ATTRACTIONS!! shows, e tickets etc, more meet n greets, anythign that gobbles up lots of people.

mahnamahna101

great ideas everyone.. now just need some space to build.. rather than trying to cram more into existing space and replacing things. its time to increase the area used for attractions..

magic-kingdom-ultimate-expansion-jpg.50014

The Ultimate Magic Kingdom Expansion

MK definitely needs some PEOPLE EATER ATTRACTIONS!! shows, e tickets etc, more meet n greets, anythign that gobbles up lots of people.

That's enough space for 20-30 more attractions.... Magic Kingdom could top Disneyland with that much space!

Too bad TDO would never rework the borders to fit that much stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom