Your Disney Memorabilia

The_Jobu

Man, you guys got some great stuff.

My collection is various Oliver and Company merch that I come across. Though I did just purchase a 1970s WDW park map. Now I gotta figure out how to make a custom frame for it.

NiarrNDisney

Here is a picture of my Disney park library which does not include the other bookcases that have the storage cubes of planning books, videos etc. etc. as that is in the area of my slightly messy office nobody is trying to see. However I did take a pic of the some of the boxes containing my trip folders full of the maps and other ephemera collected over the years.

Attachments

• 20200729_134253.jpg
    20200729_134253.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 20200729_134133.jpg
    20200729_134133.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 82

Goofyernmost

The only thing I even attempt to collect are good memories. I do have a few odds and ends that for whatever reason I decided to keep. They don't consist of much other then a couple of books "Walt Disney" by Gabler, "The World Since The Beginning" (a coffee table picture book). I have a badge and pin from the "Behind the Scenes Tour". A 1983 WDW Guide by Steve Birnbaum (the first year he published one). I think I kept that just to look back and see just how inexpensive it was back then and the first full year of EPCOT. Other then that I have some random park maps stored in random folders in random brief cases stored in my random closets.

I never bought a Disney generated picture with the exception of one family trip (11 or us) paid for by me and included my two Daughters and their Husbands, my 3 (at the time) Grandkids, My sister and my nephew plus my Girlfriend (at the time also). I did keep the tear soaked copy of my Visa Bill for that one. I do have an 8.5 X 11 color painting that my granddaughter did of Mickey Mouse when she was 16, which is right next to my computer. It was a very good likeness of his face and body, but went a little out of proportion in his hands and feet. I just remembered the I have a general travel location golf ball collection that has about 20 WDW picture with year dates. They stopped selling the dated ones the same year as Disneyland's 50th. If ever there was a time when those would have been a great collectible.

1596203492646.png

Last edited:

Dave B

So glad you started this thread, I really enjoy seeing people's collectibles! I love Disney items in general, but really love Mickey stuff and in particular, like vintage items. Here's a few pics.
Some of my 1930's gum cards.
View attachment 482238
Reverse painted picture.
View attachment 482239
These 2 are probably my favorite pieces! (Mickey and Minnie), not me and the honey!
View attachment 482240
Misc stuff.
View attachment 482241
Love the Cards, where can I find/buy those?

MickeyCB

Love the Cards, where can I find/buy those?
Aren’t they fun?!
I have mostly found them online, I get a lot of stuff at our local flea market but I’ve never seen these cards there.
Here are a few more of my older pieces that I really like.
lionel handcar, little bank handed out at, I think, the 1933 Worlds Fair, and a Knickerbocker Cowboy Mickey. I just love him!
4B485FFC-7257-451D-B6FD-243051A83DE8.jpeg

A1733689-598E-4800-8372-16C7D78824C9.jpeg
DF736E59-E601-445D-90D5-5F600FB1EC32.jpeg

NiarrNDisney

I may have post these before but I think it was in an older thread. Here are some vintage items I have found at Antique stores or yard sales. My parents purchased the Figment patch for me back when I was a toddler and Epcot had just opened. It has since become a cherished collectable from trips past and now rests in a bag filed away with other items I have collected and stored in organization tubs where its protected from further damage.

Attachments

• vintage items.jpg
    vintage items.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 57

ppete1975

Not at all. It’s very common practice for an animator to self-reference with a mirror at their desk or to provide reference to colleagues by physically acting out scenes and actions. This piece is representative of that practice and the craft of animation in general. Plus, it’s simply a nice homage to what started it all.
budget cuts... the characters are being forced to do their own animations now... :)

MickeyCB

great collections i’m seeing on this thread, but this keeps coming to mind...
View attachment 489150
I had the opportunity to go to the Disney Family Museum in San Francisco and it was wonderful to a Disney nerd such as myself. But, what was the most awesome part, to me, was a large display they have of merchandise from the early days. I sort of, might of, left some drool on the glass. 🤣

bennyw01

I have so many pieces but so finding bits to share is really tricky, however here is one of my favourite items:

GMR.jpg

Its a fairly cool item but the story around how I got it involved Bog Iger himself sending it to me personally when the ride closed down.

I plan to get it framed up with the accompanying paper work and attraction posters which came with it.

Heppenheimer

I don't have pictures, but unknown to me, my mom had bought each of us an ornament from all our trips from the 70s through the 90s. She gave each of us our collection as a Christmas present the year each of us married. When I received mine, it was quite a blast from the past, since some of the older ornaments were still in the distinctive bags and boxes of the era.

My dad would also buy every souvenir LP album available, which as kids, we listened to until they became worn out with scratches.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I had the opportunity to go to the Disney Family Museum in San Francisco and it was wonderful to a Disney nerd such as myself. But, what was the most awesome part, to me, was a large display they have of merchandise from the early days. I sort of, might of, left some drool on the glass. 🤣

I liked that display too. It was a fabulous museum, I really want to go back sometime.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I don't have pictures, but unknown to me, my mom had bought each of us an ornament from all our trips from the 70s through the 90s. She gave each of us our collection as a Christmas present the year each of us married. When I received mine, it was quite a blast from the past, since some of the older ornaments were still in the distinctive bags and boxes of the era.
What an amazing gift! Kudos to your mom! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom