Pre-Trip Your country just turned 150 - what are you going to do? I AM GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!!

Hello All

As the title suggest the Max family is going back to Disneyland:):):):)

(I know the country birthday thing doesn't make sense but if Superbowl MVPs can go to Disneyland - so can I !!)

upload_2017-7-26_22-11-2.png

High level plan:
Arrive on Saturday August 26, spend 4 days at DLR, then drive to San Diego for 4 days of relaxation and beach time!!

( A ginger on a beach - Lobster time!!)

So before I go into the details I want to take the time to tag some of the wonderful people on this board who have been so nice to me.

You put up with my bad jokes, sarcasm, really bad puns, typing errors and apparently love watching me lose discussion board fights with @Tuvalu

So here comes the list (in no particular order) - I hope I was able to get everyone

@LisaBelle @RedNoseMickey @abzoo @samantha788 @Kiwiduck @Sheriff Woody @Tuvalu @TrolleyFollower91 @Woodywrkr @Zipitidoda @MinnieM123 @bee @wdisney9000 @Courtney6682 @DisneyBound2017 @Laurenciaa @Vivian_apfm @Plowboy @Missy_May @dmatt87 @blgauger @becca_ @PacNWTigger @ajrwdwgirl @Doc Disney @DonnaOnTheRocks @Mr Ferret 88 @fractal @Swissmiss @dizfan917 @Ciara @Songbird76 @TheMouseFan @littleroo @dddisney @prfctlyximprct @Princess Leia @stephmax975 @MiniMax @LadyBelle @21stamps @joshsprincess921 @gdisneyfans @mlegerto @Second Star to the Right @luvinthemajik @MySmallWorldof4 @Monty @Matty30 @Jess G @myhappyplace @gwhb75 @*Flynnderella* @Jae99 @disneyshe @lostpro9het

More details to follow - stay tuned

Hang on to your hats and glasses cuz this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness

Max

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
The NZD is around $.74 at the moment which is the highest it has been for a while. I'm desperately hoping it holds up until my trip in December!
So the New Zealand dollar is up compared the US dollar?
And the Canadian dollar is also up compared to the US dollar?

I wonder what if that is related?

I wonder if there is a reason why foreign currency are doing well ?

;)

Max

Last edited:

12in12

You can buy US currency now when the exchange rate is good. Several currency brokers make this very easy to do online. At least in Europe not sure about NZ and Canada.

75disney

Details , Details part 3:

Well @75disney is asking so I will let everyone know some more details of the trip.
So we left off with staying at the Grand Cali for the first 4 days of the 8 game trip.

The second half you say - well we are not staying at the Del Coronado
But I have visited it on our last trip in 2012
Here are a few pictures of the very famous hotel that hosted the filming of "Some Like it Hot" which starred Jack Lemon, Tony Curtis and a relative new comer named Marilyn Monroe.
View attachment 220232 View attachment 220233 View attachment 220234 View attachment 220235 View attachment 220236 View attachment 220237

The Usain Bolt pose was the thing to do in 2012 with the Olympics in London a month before.

So if we are not at the Del then where are we staying

Max
Thanks for the Del pictures. We stayed on Coronado at the Loew's Resort way back in 1999. We spent some time at the Del as well. Beautiful hotel with a great beach. We watched an awesome sunset from there.
The Pacific Terrace looks very nice too. You sound very happy to be going back!

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the Del pictures. We stayed on Coronado at the Loew's Resort way back in 1999. We spent some time at the Del as well. Beautiful hotel with a great beach. We watched an awesome sunset from there.
The Pacific Terrace looks very nice too. You sound very happy to be going back!
I am happy to go back
T is very very happy to go back

Happy wife , happy ...

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Details cont'd:

It has been awhile since I updated the plan so here goes:

We have booked our first behind the scenes type tour.
Walking in Walt's footstep on Aug 29 (last full day in the parks)
We are very excited to see the Firehouse suite and to tour different areas of the park.

Note: @PacNWTigger - lunch is provided - catered by Jolly Holiday Bakery - I just might get me some macaroons!!!

Sat Aug 26 - Day 1 - Travel Day
As stated earlier 8:30 flight from Toronto to San Diego
Land at 10:30 and drive to Anaheim
Expect to arrive around 1:30 -2pm

If we get into a room we will settle for a bit and I will make a grocery store run
Plan is for breakfast in the room and most lunches.

Our typical lunch is fresh sourdough bread from the Boudin bakery and then dips like hummus and guacamole from the grocery store.
There may be some wine involved too but you never know ( ahem, we know there will be wine on the balcony for lunch:):))
Oh yeah, we will have to get some cheese to go with the wine!!

If we have to wait for the room we will head into DL and checkout FP situation.

Dinner: tbd - somewhere in DL at a counter service
Evening: Fireworks at Disneyland (Remember)

Sun Aug 27 - Day 2 - Disney California Adventure (DCA)
Park hours start cutting back on this day
(it will be interesting to see if the crowds back off as well)
We will do rope drop and ride Radiator Spring Racers then probably the new GOG tower ride and of course California Screaming roller coaster.
The Frozen show is new for us so we will see it on this day.

Dinner: Carthy Circle
Evening: WOC (early) and Fantasmic (late)

Mon Aug 28 - Day 3 - DL and then more DCA
Rope drop for Indy ( Space is going to be closed :()
Will ride the train (or MPB as @Woodywrkr calls it)

Dinner: Storytellers in Grand Cali Hotel
Evening: LA Angels baseball game

Tues Aug 29- Day 4 - DL
The tour starts at 9:30 and takes approx. 3 hours
Lunch at the end of the tour

Dinner : Blue Bayou (in POTC ride)
Evening: tbd - maybe FW or Fantasmic or just more rides

Wed Aug 30 - DCA
Rope drop again but only stay a couple of hours
Drive to San Diego

That's it for now
Still working on the San Diego plan ( @Courtney6682 - the plan is to not plan too much for this portion!!)

Max

PacNWTigger

They have awesome grilled cheese and tomato soup at Jolly Holiday too! (but the macaroons are better!! :hungry:)

Just as a heads up with the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. We went last year, and the firehouse is no longer included BUT you do get to see the Dream Suite above PoTC.
Disney dream pic.jpg

We went for his birthday, and we had a wonderful time!

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
They have awesome grilled cheese and tomato soup at Jolly Holiday too! (but the macaroons are better!! :hungry:)

Just as a heads up with the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. We went last year, and the firehouse is no longer included BUT you do get to see the Dream Suite above PoTC.
View attachment 221793
We went for his birthday, and we had a wonderful time!
That a shame about the firehouse
I was really looking forward to it
Thanks for the heads up so that I can prep the family for it

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Details cont'd
Wed Aug 30 - Day5
So after a quick stop in probably DCA we will head to San Diego
On the way (depending on mood) we may stop in Temucula to visit a winery (or two).
Low key evening in SD after checking and dinner somewhere along the beach.

Thurs Aug 31 - Day 6 - Zoo and Balboa Park
We are planning on going to the world famous San Diego zoo in the morning (focus on the cute ones - Pandas and Koala's)
After the zoo we will explore Balboa park and visit a few museums.

T and I did a cruise way back BK (before kids) and met a wonderful couple. (think 26 years ago)
We have tried to stay in touch (the creation of the internet and then Facebook has helped).
The great news is that they now live in SD and we are going to reconnect on this day!!

Fri Sept 1 - Day 7 - tbd
Either return to Balboa park or go to La Jolla or just hang at the hotel on the beach.

Sat Sept 2- Day 8 - Last full day
This will definitely be a chill out day at the hotel

Sun Sept 3 - Day 9 - Travel home
Early (6:30am :eek::eek::eek:) flight through Chicago and then on to Toronto
Unpack, laundry, etc

So overall it is not an overly planned trip but we are trying to balance the go go go Disney time with the chill out San Diego time.

Only two weeks till we fly out:):)!

Thanks for following along so far.

Things still to do:

Parking at the airport
Angels game tickets
Zoo/Museum tickets

Otherwise everything else is set

Max

75disney

Since we fly out on Tuesday, I won't be keeping up with the forums for two weeks (since I will be there enjoying everything -yay!!!). Have a great time on your trip! May the crowds be light, the fast passes plentiful, and the food delicious!

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Today is the day!
Just getting ready to leave for the airport
Thank you to all who have followed

I will not be doing a live or liveish report

Maybe it's just me but I think telling everyone 3 times about my trip is a bit much
(And I will not have enough pics or commentary or wit to fill a PTR and a LTR and a TR);)

Talk soon

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom