Your biggest WDW photographic disaster?

raceroom

Just got back from WDW and on the 29th next to last night of my trip, I left our Kodak camera on the monorail. Have called lost and found everyday to no avail. All of our pictures from our trip including food pics for my trip report are gone. I advise everyone to take a picture of your name address and phone number on your camera so maybe the person that finds it might keep the camera and send you the card. I have been sick to my stomach since losing the camera. Maybe it will turn up I hope :brick:.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just got back from WDW and on the 29th next to last night of my trip, I left our Kodak camera on the monorail. Have called lost and found everyday to no avail. All of our pictures from our trip including food pics for my trip report are gone. I advise everyone to take a picture of your name address and phone number on your camera so maybe the person that finds it might keep the camera and send you the card. I have been sick to my stomach since losing the camera. Maybe it will turn up I hope :brick:.

Sorry to hear that :( Good luck and hopefully it will be found.

PhotoDave219

I would contact/write guest relations w/ a full description and the serial number and tell your story. Best O' Luck.

skipperg

First Camera disaster was best lens at the time loosing it's auto focus just prior to the 4th of July fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. Did get some shots using Manual Focus, but was going spastic when the auto focus quit.

Second was the first night of a trip and I went to pick up my granddaughter in a crowd near the castle and my new Canon 20D fell out of my unzipped bag. Thankfully the only damage was that the superimposed display of the focus points quit.

Third was pulling the same as others. Forgetting to reset the ISO after leaving a dark ride or the night before. Many hundreds of bad results.

Fourth, carrying too much accessories. Then leaving them at the motel when you need them. Seems no matter how much memory or batteries one has they always seem to be an issue. They never fail prior to a trip or before a big shoot.

Fifth and most frustrating was having a picked up dirt on my sensor and not realizing it until after a couple of days recently at the world. Finally got some really clear blue skies and sunshine with dust spots on them.

My hats off to all of you on the boards great work.

Joe

kirstenoel

No distaters as such, but having worked as photographer and videographer for the past few years and undergoing a university degree in tv production, I now look at my photos from WDW (I havent been for several years) and think wow, those are awful, I could do so much better now :king:

So, when I go back, I'll know what I'm doing and hopefully get some great shots!

JROK

Went to Food & Wine and was having a good time. We went counter-clockwise starting in the UK taking pics of every drink and food we purchased. Made it to Norway and was stopped having a drink (I cheated and grabbed a Margarita from Mexico) and rice pudding. Looking through all of our photos from the night on the camera, I decided to delete some of the bad ones when I accidentally pressed delete all (still don't know how). I cancelled it but still lost quite a few photos (about 50; Japan to UK). We decided to head back and recreate the photos by purchasing all the items we had, again. Ended up being a fun, and drunken night, but also an expensive and lesson learned one. Since that night I've never deleted photos on the camera, no matter how bad they were.

Figment1986

Went to Food & Wine and was having a good time. We went counter-clockwise starting in the UK taking pics of every drink and food we purchased. Made it to Norway and was stopped having a drink (I cheated and grabbed a Margarita from Mexico) and rice pudding. Looking through all of our photos from the night on the camera, I decided to delete some of the bad ones when I accidentally pressed delete all (still don't know how). I canceled it but still lost quite a few photos (about 50; Japan to UK). We decided to head back and recreate the photos by purchasing all the items we had, again. Ended up being a fun, and drunken night, but also an expensive and lesson learned one. Since that night I've never deleted photos on the camera, no matter how bad they were.

This is why I am happy the Delete all function in my camera is not near the delete-one button but in the cameras menu section... (Cannon Rebel T1i) I have had many disasters... but non that are really note worthy.

PhotoDave219

Yesterday I fried my d700 while photographing "swimmer of the year"

Somehow, water ran down my arm and go into the camera. So is a paperweight sitting in a bag full of rice at the moment.

PhotoDave219

I took off the battery grip and some water got onto the contacts on the bottom. Of thats what i think at the moment.

Its currently sitting in a bag full of rice.

WDWFigment

^Ouch. That really, really sucks. Is it still under warranty? I have no idea what's covered under the warranty, but given that it's water sealed, it seems like you might be able to make some sort of a claim...worth a shot at least if it doesn't start working.

Sketch105

I stick with point and shoots because I'm too lazy and poor to afford DLSRs, but I still got through my share of camera disasters. Many of mine have occurred at Universal though- dropped cameras, inexplicably damaged cameras.

Went out to Universal Studios Hollywood. Had dumped my pictures the night before, but still took a good 150 pics..some with the last character sets of the day before I decided to ride the Mummy with it in my pocket. The SD card jammed and won't recognize the pics. :brick:

My roommate also pulled the same thing, only her entire camera fell out of her pocket at Knott's. Luckily they found the camera and mailed us the card when she found out it later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom