Your 7 Must-Fixes (in honor of Stacy's 7 Must-Sees) at WDW parks

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
For all of you that have stayed at a WDW resort hotel, you're all familiar with Stacy and her Must-See attractions on the in-room Disney Info Channel. Well I thought it would be interesting to get input on the top-seven maintenance/bad show areas or attractions in EACH park at WDW. Everything from dirty carpets, to broken animatronics, you list it.....7 for each park!

Turtle

1. Imagination Pavilion (never seen it but I've heard it's pretty bad)
2. Splash Mountain
3. Tree of Life Nets/Tarps
4. The Yeti
5. Dinosaur Effects
6. The Pizza at Pizza Planet (it should be good)
7. The Backlot Tour (until a big expansion comes there could be a way to fix it)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
1. Imagination Pavilion (never seen it but I've heard it's pretty bad)
2. Splash Mountain
3. Tree of Life Nets/Tarps
4. The Yeti
5. Dinosaur Effects
6. The Pizza at Pizza Planet (it should be good)
7. The Backlot Tour (until a big expansion comes there could be a way to fix it)
This is a pretty solid list. I have to agree with all but the pizza at pizza planet, but only because I have never had it. Imagination was one of my favorite rides/areas as a kid. It is truly sad to see today.

Tony Perkis

1. Return Splash Mountain to its former glory
2. Get rid of Disney characters in Tomorrowland attractions
3. Update Universe of Energy/no Ellen
4. Add an e-ticket to DAK
5. Either expand Pixar Place or build Carsland at DHS
6. Eliminate Fastpass-only side of Space Mountain
7. Imagination Pavilion update/revamp

spacemt354

Chili's
Magic Kingdom:

1. Splash Mountain - basically everything, but especially the final zip a dee do da scene
2. CoP - This is one attraction unique to WDW and as such should be treated with the best upkeep. I shouldn't be stuck in 1900 3x times.
3. Big Thunder - Yes just had a refurb, but already the gysers were not working last time I was there in August.
4. Stitch's Great Escape - No maintainance issues, just get rid of it. Bring back Alien Encounter please!
5. Stitch's Supersonic Celebration Stage - Go away. Please keep Disney Channel songs away from the wonderful background music in Tomorrowland.
6. Main Street - 17+ million people walk down this street each year. There shouldn't be any chipped paint.
7. Indy Speedway - gasoline does not smell like the future.

Epcot:

1. Imagination - refurb is needed.
2. Soarin' - my favorite attraction in Epcot and the screen is getting very dirty. Noticed this over the years
3. Spaceship Earth - gotta do better with the ending. Looking at shapes is not an improvement over Jeremy Irons
4. Universe of Energy - So much potential (energy!) Yet very outdated to me. Needs a Test Track type update.
5. Wonders of Life - The title is ironic, since its been dead for like 6 years now
6. Odyssey - Enough with the conventions, I'd rather see a restaurant or interactive area go in here.
7. Innoventions - Love the music, but the substance in the area (aside from Club Cool) needs an upgrade.

DHS:

1. Pixar Place - I really hope some sort of expansion comes true. It is so much unsused potential.
2. Fantasmic - Either upgrade it or bring in World of Color. The show broke down when I was there in August.
3. Great Movie Ride - Like the attraction, however the latest film came from the 80s. Needs an upgrade.
4. A big part of DHS is the shows, however keeping the same BatB, TLM, and Indy shows around for decades is a bit much. Could use an update.
5. Pizza Planet should be moved to Pixar Place, or replaced, because thematically it is in the wrong land
6. Sounds Dangerous - I don't like empty buildings, I'd rather see something over nothing.
7. American Idol - It's lost the luster to me (although it didn't have much to begin with)

Animal Kingdom:

1. Yeti
2. Dinosaur - Several Dinos, for example the one eating the other dino whole, were not working.
3. Nets for the Tree of Life
4. Chester-Hester Dinorama - Maintainance is fine, the themes don't fit for me.
5. Finding Nemo - show is great, but why is it in Dinoland?
6. FoTLK - hopefully will get moved to it's rightful place in Africa
7. Something needs to replace Camp Minnie-Mickey. If it's Avatar then so be it.

spacemt354

Chili's
Just as a side note:

I'm not ususally one to complain and nit pick at little things. Like, for example when the dino didn't work in the first scene of Dinosaur, I didn't sulk for the rest of the attraction. I had a blast on the ride, it was just something I noticed.

When the OP said 7 issues for each park, 3-4 big ones popped into my head immediately, but I was scrambling and really thinking to find the rest of my "issues"

I have to say this shouldn't be a debate any guest should have to go through at the place where "dreams come true" It shouldn't be like this. This thread shouldn't exist. But the reality is that it does exist and these are, for the most part, serious issues that have deflated the overall experience.

I say this because in my post earlier I rattled off 28 personal complaints and I didn't want to come off as a complainer, whiny about every little thing wrong in each park. That's not what I do in the parks. If I have a bad turkey leg, I don't really care. I'm not gonna strike a vendetta against the place for forcing me to use pepto bismol. That kind of stuff happens everywhere. So I just wanted to clairfy that. Those listed in my previous post are issues that to some might not be so significant, yet to others they may be, I don't know for sure. I was just trying to answer the OP's question as fully as possible, and the fact that I could in and of itself is kinda sad.

PUSH

1. Splash Mountain (hopefully getting it as we speak)
2. Pixar Place
3. Imagination Pavilion
4. Tomorrowland
5. Tree of Life
6. Yeti
7. Universe of Energy

Honorable mention: DHS Hat

FettFan

Pirates of the Caribbean -- The mist projection Davy Jones/Blackbeard needs to be recalibrated at least twice a year. The picture was nice and sharp when Davy Jones was first projected....then it started getting blurry. Then they had a sharp picture when they put Blackbeard on there. And from what I've heard it's fading too.
Also, bring back the Pirate Parrot barker.
al_pirates_parrot.jpg

I miss the little guy.

jharvey

For all of you that have stayed at a WDW resort hotel, you're all familiar with Stacy and her Must-See attractions on the in-room Disney Info Channel. Well I thought it would be interesting to get input on the top-seven maintenance/bad show areas or attractions in EACH park at WDW. Everything from dirty carpets, to broken animatronics, you list it.....7 for each park!
1. EO ( don't fix- put it out of its misery. I understand why it was brought back, but does anyone in a position of authority not see it as odd that they decide to bring back an accused pedophile's attraction to a theme park?)
2. Journey Into Imagination
3. COP. I love it, but give it a little TLC and it would be a bigger crowd eater.
4. POTC.......Reset to pre-movie status.
5. Tree of Life
6. Circle of Life..... Why does this exist? I am sure they could re-purpose this to something better. Maybe a DVC trailer or something. Free root canals?
7. Kill the Hat

blueboxdoctor

1. The whole Innovations thing
  2. The empty building behind Test Track
  3. Why is Michael Jackson even allowed in WDW, get him out of there
  4. Do something with Tomorrowland Terrace when it's not peak season, as it is very large and feels abandoned most of the time
  5. Of course, fix Splash Mountain, but I believe there is a large scheduled refurbishment soon
  6. Update the Indiana Jones stunt show to something more modern. Yes, the first movie is a classic, but at this point I'm sure they could work on modernizing it
  7. Bring back Beastly Kingdom! (yeah, this won't happen, but I can always hope)

MarkTwain

1. Great Movie Ride - has the potential to be one of the best rides anywhere. All the scale and AAs of Pirates of the Caribbean, but all about the greatest movie moments in cinematic history. And you get hijacked! So why isn't it any better?
2. Carousel of Progress
3. Imagination
4. Universe of Energy
5. Expedition: Everest
6. Splash Mountain
7. Dinosaur

Gonzo79

1.Yeti
2.Splash Mountain
3.Pleasure Island
4.Innovations
5.Get rid of Captain Eo
6.Tree of Life
7.Moving rocks on Big Thunder

tomman710

1. Tomorrowland (It's a joke of a land)
2. Wonders of Life Pavilion (Please don't let this sit as convention space forever!)
3. Splash Mountain (Ditto what everyone says)
4. Imagination (Return to some semblance of former glory)
5. Image Works (Ditto above)
6. Captain EO (Destroy, renew)
7. Art of Animation Tour (Please make this worth going to again, have some actual animators working)

Marco226

Innoventions. Is there anything actually there other than Club Cool?

There is the awesome Segway training thing there. It's fun learning how to ride those things! I went on the Segway tour around World Showcase last week, and you start in Innoventions before going out into the wild hordes of unaware guests. It was fun for me because people in electric wheelchairs would literally play chicken with us while we had to navigate around the people trying to sprint between the Segways and while other angry guests were yelling random things at us. I felt like R2D2 navigating through the battle of Geonosis.

Ok back on topic...

1. Yeti! I saw a documentary on the H2 network about modern marvels, and I was like, "Heeeey.. It don't do dat..." :(
2. Buffet prices! If I want to eat all I can, I'll do it off property for $4, not $40. All of the other restaurant prices are ok imo.
3. Add bus stop wait times! I usually ride my motorcycle in WDW, but I would take the buses more often if I knew how long I had to wait for the next bus to arrive.
4. Air fresheners for the monorails! Seriously...
5. Imagination pavilion! ...heh...
6. More countries in World Showcase! yaaay Australia
7. Add a Mulan ride! Because she's so awesome

PatriciaH

Fix Pleasure Island then:

MK:
1. Get rid of Stitch/Stitch stage
2. Update Tomorrowland (COP, etc.)
3. New fireworks show
4. New parade (day and night)
5. Splash refurb (hopefully they are doing this now)
6. No stinky gas cars (this area is big- do something awesome with it)
7. More live entertainment like DL (Tron and Mad Tea Party are FUN)

Epcot:
1. Bring back the original Immagination ride and Pavilion
2. Fix Wonder's of Life
3. Please fix Seas
4. Fix the end of SSE
5. Update the Odyssey so they can use it for F&W again instead of WOL
6. New countries
7. Better night show

AK:
1. EE-Fix Yeti, water mist and bird
2. Tree of Life-I love those trails :(
3. Put something good where Chester and Hester's is
4. Dinosaur refurb
5. Start building something where CMM is
6. Australia
7. Use the river for something great

DHS:
1. Pixar Place additions
2. Star Wars additions
3. Indiana Jones coaster or Temple of the FE instead of IJ show
4. Update The Great Movie Ride
5. Get rid of the BAHat
6. New show where Fantasmic! is
7. Fireworks at night at least weekends

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom