Your 2013 Disney Legends

Magenta Panther

Well, Jim Henson was named a Disney Legend, even though he never worked for Disney and his company was purchased by Disney after his death. I expect George Lucas to be named a Disney legend after this. Why the hell not? :rolleyes:

Figments Friend

Yes, Billy Crystal and John Goodman are now "Disney Legends".

Nothing like mucking up an honor by including people solely to promote MonstersU
I was just about to comment as to why they were on the list...but ...yeah, marketing at it's finest.
Not really understanding the *massive creative impact* these two people have had on the Disney Company as a whole.

Tony and Glen, along with Colin, really deserve to be on that list. The three of them have had a huge impact.

Exspecially happy for Tony...nice to see this happen for him after he *retried* earlier this year.
Great to see him get this honor.

DizFiz

Hands down to Tony Baxter... hes the only one on the list that I consider to be a true Disney legend... he did more for Disney than Mike & Sulley did in two films.

Zman-ks

I'd say John Goodman's worthy of the title. Sure the induction is conveniently timed, but his resume with Disney is just as good as Tim Allen's.
75.gif

Me too.

Fe Maiden

Yes, Billy Crystal and John Goodman are now "Disney Legends".

Nothing like mucking up an honor by including people solely to promote MonstersU

Obviously there's that tie-in, but I think an argument can be made when you add in Goodman's time on Roseanne and Crystal as Oscar host. Not to mention his role on Soap.

Cmdr_Crimson

Obviously there's that tie-in, but I think an argument can be made when you add in Goodman's time on Roseanne and Crystal as Oscar host. Not to mention his role on Soap.

Well, Both actors seem to have more work in Voice acting than anything else with Disney..

John Goodman Sully- Monsters films, Pacha in Emperor's New Groove, Baloo in Jungle Book 2, and Eli "Big Daddy" La Bouf in Princess & The Frog
and Billy Crystal....Just the Monsters films, Calcifer in Studio Ghibli's Howl's Moving Castle, and 2 cameo's in Cars & The Muppets..

Magenta Panther

I was just about to comment as to why they were on the list...but ...yeah, marketing at it's finest.

It's like the Hollywood Walk of Fame. People PAY to get a star on it. Very often a star is "awarded" to a celebrity who just so happens to have a film coming out. Same deal with being made Grand Marshall of the Tournament of Roses parade. It's all advertising synergy. And thus, it's hard to get excited about any of it.

Although I DO love it when someone is given their own window on Main Street. Now THAT'S an honor, awarded to the very few. And it's so fun to walk down Main Street and read the names up there on glass. One of my favorite traditions when I visit the World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom