Your 10 Favorite Photos of 2008

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I saw this idea on another board, and thought it might be fun here. Feel free to add captions, explanations, or to do it month by month.

I will start with my ten favorites.

Cinderella's Castle with no one else in site. After Hours Photography at Walt Disney World became one of our favorite things to do during the course of our two trips this year.

My favorite shot I took of Illuminations.

My favorite shot of the BFH.

My favorite shot of my favorite parade.

We got a Miniature Dachshund in October!

Our new Dachshund, Walter, and our Cat, Yossarian, play on our "yard furniture."

One of my favorite shots of Wishes!

One of the most difficult shots to set-up (not much room for a tripod up there!)

My favorite shot from our December trip.

Another After Hours Favorite.

mouselvrmom

Those are wonderful photos, figment! The first one of your new puppy actually is so clear that he looks a bit like a statue. :lol:

You could definitely have a second career if you wanted to.

dolbyman

I have done only very few nightshots in 2008 (none in hong kong .. and most to none in paris)

but this is one I like (it's a HDR composite of 3 shots)
AdventurelandHDR.jpg

dolbyman

ok found some more

SpaceMountainHDRsmall.jpg

Space Mointain HDR from HongKong

pariscastle.jpg

non HDR freehand castleshot (had to darken out the grain .. got a bit too black I guess)

shootinggalleryhdrklein.jpg

Paris Shooting Gallery (HDR)

hunhdrhallo.jpg

Paris Hub with Halloween theme (HDR)

parissantafee.jpg

our hotel in paris in 2008 (and 2006)

ParisMainHub.jpg

Paris City Hall (early entry so it was pretty much empty)

non Disney Pics

IbizaFlower.jpg

some Flower/Blossom in IBIZA (spain)

mysister.jpg

my sister (also IBIZA)

HongKongHDR.jpg

panorama of HongKong(OT) in HDR at night

I saw this idea on another board, and thought it might be fun here. Feel free to add captions, explanations, or to do it month by month.

Cinderella's Castle with no one else in site. After Hours Photography at Walt Disney World became one of our favorite things to do during the course of our two trips this year.

Our new Dachshund, Walter, and our Cat, Yossarian, play on our "yard furniture."

One of the most difficult shots to set-up (not much room for a tripod up there!)

I love all of your photos WDWFigment! I admire your work.

I'm saving up for a Nikon SLR. Not sure on what model, I'll probably go with the D60 therefore I can invest into lenses too. I need to do my research! As I'm going from a simple Kodak EasyShare C875 to my first SLR. I have a lot to learn!

What type of camera do you have??? I also have a dachshund too! He was supposed to miniature but he isn't and isn't the size as a regular type so he is a tweenie!

PhotoDave219

How is that possible?

Well the camera doesn't matter. Sunny F/16s rule (and light in general) doesn't care if its a Canon Digital Rebel or a powershot - The exposure in bright sunlight, looking up towards the castle around the hub at 3PM during the parade will still be 1/125 @ f/16 at 100 ISO.

Correspondingly, the castle at 1/80th of a sec at f/2.8 at 800 ISO is the same exposure no matter what camera you are using. (Strange enough, SpaceShip Earth is the same rough exposure within a stop)

That illuminations shot above? Probably about a 2 second exposure at f/14ish at ISO 100. About 7 or 8 minutes in, after the globe section. Its just good timing.

Light has no idea or concept of your camera thats in your hands. To the sensor in the back of a camera, it doesn't matter if its a powershot or Nikon D700, what matters is knowing how to use that box of plastic and metal in your hands to get what you want. The intensity of light doesnt change when you pick up a different camera.

What people are doing have been learning photography and how to use their cameras. Its entirely possible, but it goes well and far beyond the "just pushing a button" idea of photography.

Computer Magic

Well the camera doesn't matter. Sunny F/16s rule (and light in general) doesn't care if its a Canon Digital Rebel or a powershot - The exposure in bright sunlight, looking up towards the castle around the hub at 3PM during the parade will still be 1/125 @ f/16 at 100 ISO.

Correspondingly, the castle at 1/80th of a sec at f/2.8 at 800 ISO is the same exposure no matter what camera you are using. (Strange enough, SpaceShip Earth is the same rough exposure within a stop)

That illuminations shot above? Probably about a 2 second exposure at f/14ish at ISO 100. About 7 or 8 minutes in, after the globe section. Its just good timing.

Light has no idea or concept of your camera thats in your hands. To the sensor in the back of a camera, it doesn't matter if its a powershot or Nikon D700, what matters is knowing how to use that box of plastic and metal in your hands to get what you want. The intensity of light doesnt change when you pick up a different camera.

What people are doing have been learning photography and how to use their cameras. Its entirely possible, but it goes well and far beyond the "just pushing a button" idea of photography.
Do you have to use a tripod or place your camera ontop of somthing. My major problem is keeping my hand still while taking a picture under the lights and fireworks

PhotoDave219

Tripod... trashcan.. railing... whatever is stable.

I cant hold a camera still for anything longer than 1/10th a sec, so i would recommend that. Trashcans and railings. Heck, put it in self-timer mode if you really want...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom