Trip Report You went to Disney by yourself? - A Solo Princess Trip Report **COMPLETE**

Please start with my pre-trip report!

Good morning! Aloha! Jambo! Welcome to my solo trip report!
Who: Me - Sam!
Where: Courtyard Marriott at Vista Centre
When: February 6 - 9
Why: For fun!

Day 1: Wednesday, February 6th
I did NOT sleep on Tuesday night. I kept waking up, nervous and in a tizzy, that I had slept through my 2:30AM alarm to leave for the airport. I gave up on my beauty rest around 2:00AM, got dressed, ate a snack, and began my quick 45minute drive to the airport (LGA). At 3:30AM, I left my car with the valet and prayed she would return to me in the same condition I left her.

Emotions were flooding through me, maybe because I was exhausted, but mostly because I was on my way to WALT DISNEY WORLD!

Small snag as I got to TSA - my pre-check was not linked to my ticket! UGH! I had to go through the normal TSA line...this would have been okay except I wore sandals and had to walk barefoot through the body scanner and that's just gross! Regardless, I made it through, no issues, because my only carry on was my Mickey backpack of necessities...Mickey ears and Minnie wallet. At 6:00AM I boarded my flight and fell asleep for the majority of the trip.

9:15AM - TOUCHDOWN AT MCO! I WAS HERE! I took the rail to baggage, snagged an uber, and by 10:15AM, I was at my hotel for the next 3 nights. My preferred room wasn't ready yet, so I changed into shorts, put on my ears, and called an uber to EPCOT!

I made a mad dash for the Annual Passholder line! The cheesiest grin on my face...I won't deny it, I might have teared up!

First things first - I took pictures with just about every PhotoPass cast member I saw. I loved not having to ask for strangers to take my photo, and I had brought my Nikon in August 2018, so I didn't find it necessary to bring it this trip.
A quick stop in Mouse Gear, I picked up my AP Figment magnet. I immediately made my way over to the World Showcase - starting with Mexico, seeing as my FP+ reservations were in Magic Kingdom later today, and grabbed a Fiesta Margarita. Now, I hadn't really eaten all that much yet...paired with the fact that I do not drink regularly, so this margarita had me all sorts of giddy.

Donald had a short line in the Mexico pavilion, so I hopped in line. I wore my "Because I'm a cat lady" shirt - a homage to Aristocats and Marie!! This Donald was one of the best I have ever met. He was funny and dramatic, and made each interaction memorable. When it was my turn, Donald made me promise that I'd become a duck lady, as he was disappointed that I have two cats at home. So, I pinky promised to become a duck lady too!

I continued down the World Showcase, quickly got distracted in Norway with art by Larry Dotson; first purchase! Then I found myself in Italy....where I got distracted by the candles and purchased the Poly Hawaii candle (the Polynesian Resort is my family's favorite resort). I finally made my way to France, where I purchased a Frose! As I took my first sip, I saw that Belle would be doing a meet and greet soon! I hopped in line for my first of many character interactions.

Now, before I got to Disney, I had spent weeks pondering the best questions to ask each face character that I met...this was my chance!

I finished my Frose before I got to the front of the line. A little giggly on the brain, I chose the least unique question I could think of to ask Belle, "I just finished my last book, do you have a recommendation for me?" I mean, UGH, could I get any more cliché?! But, Belle was quick on her toes and recommended Romeo and Juliet, as it was one of Beast's favorites. We took a picture together, and I was off!

Quick photopass opportunity at the France fountain!

The one piece of art that I absolutely needed to find was the painting of Pasquale looking all disgruntled with paint dripping on his head - I headed to Doug Bolly's tent, which was past Canada. Without hesitation, I bought the print! I ended up wandering the festival for an hour and a half, waiting for Doug Bolly to arrive so I could have my print signed. I ate at the Electric Umbrella - an energy salad. I stopped at the pin station by the fountain to look for my AP Festival of Arts pin, and was extremely disappointed to find that they were sold out. The CM said they only made 3,000 of the pins and they were gone in the first week of the festival. My Pasquale signing with Doug Bolly was quick, but worth the wait. On my way out of the park, I snagged a photo-op at the bubblegum wall, always a classic!

By 2:30, I had missed my first FP+ at the Magic Kingdom. It didn't bother me much, though. I headed to the Monorail and hopped on coral! For some reason, I stayed on the monorail when I got to the transportation station...and traveled in a loop back to EPCOT...and then back to the transportation station, when I realized I had to switch monorails. Maybe the heat had gotten to me, maybe I just wanted to listen to the monorail voice tell me to please stand clear of the doors... I finally made my way to the MAGIC KINGDOM!!

(to be continued)

Last edited:

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Continued

I'M HERE I'M HERE I'M HERE! I never feel like I truly start my Disney World trip without being in Magic Kingdom. I rented a locker to hold my purchases from EPCOT. The smell of popcorn, the sound of happy kids, the Magic Kingdom sound track!! I bursted into The Confectionary, eager to get my first Mickey shaped rice krispie treat. I waited in line for one from the display case and picked a rice krispie treat that was covered in celebration sprinkles! The moment I took a bite of that treat, I just knew I was home. Memories of coming here with my family flooded my thoughts. I sent a picture to my mom and updated our countdown to Disney family vacation 2019!

Funny story about Rice Krispie treats...my first trip to WDW was in February 2006. I was 13 years old. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. At the little market/shop at the resort, they sold Mickey Rice Krispie treats. My dad bought me my first one at that time. I finished that treat, and asked for another one. My dad told me that if I brought my treat stick back to the CM, they would give me a new one for free! WOW that is MAGICAL! 13 year old me brought that treat stick back like 10 times, no joke, over our 4 day trip. February 2007, we come back to WDW and stay at Port Orleans Riverside again. Well, 14 year old me ate all the Mickey Rice Krispies my heart desired. Fast forward 2017. My husband and I are planning our first WDW trip in February 2018, for the runDisney Princess Half Marathon weekend! We are out to dinner with my parents, discussing trip plans. I mention how I can't wait for endless Rice Krispie treats again, as it had been 9 years! ..... the cat was let out of the bag...my dad confessed he paid for every single one of those treats on our family trips...AND I STILL BELIEVED THEY HAD BEEN FREE UNTIL I WAS 24 YEARS OLD. I'm not that gullible, but I always believed in Disney magic. Heart shattered, I will never live down the fact that I thought if I returned my rice krispie treat stick, I would get free replacements. My mom makes sure she reminds me every opportunity she gets.

Back to my trip report! I took many photos, at varying distances, of myself with Cinderella's castle. I especially loved this one.

I wandered around Magic Kingdom. My next FP+ was to meet Mickey and Minnie in their celebration outfits!! I took my time and really enjoyed being able to set my own schedule. I was in no rush, I had no one to answer to, and enjoyed planning out my princess meet and greet schedule. I sat and charged my phone for a while in Adventureland.

Back to the front of the park, I wandered through the shops, noting the new merchandise and trying to decide if buying new Mickey ears was worth it. I stopped to watch the new "Move it, Shake it, Mousekedance It" parade.

I went to go purchase my Mickey Bar Alex and Ani only to find out they were sold out! 0/2 this trip so far!! I purchased the new Stitch Alex and Ani and got in the FP+ line for Mickey and Minnie at the theater.

Surrounded by tiny tots, I was the only solo adult in line to meet the mouse who started it all. The Photopass CM captured this overwhelming moment as both Mickey and Minnie were pointing at my ears, pointing at Minnie's bow, and just making me all sorts of confused. We did end up getting the cutest photo together though.

The rest of the evening was beautiful. I rode Buzz Lightyear SRS and didn't do nearly as well as I wanted to!! The wait to meet Ariel was 5 minutes, so I hopped in line! I confessed to Ariel that I had spent too much time out in the sun today, and could do well with some time in the ocean. She let me know that Sebastian would love my company! I snagged a FP+ for Cinderella and Elena! Cinderella was so cute! She asked me if my cats behaved themselves...and perhaps they had spent too much time with Lucifer. Elena was just the sweetest princess, but our interaction was short.

I waited in a 40 minute line to get my picture with the Tangled lantern outside the prettiest bathrooms in WDW! Check off that "to-do" on my list!!

I found myself back in front of the castle for Happily Ever After! I cry every time I watch this show! I started out right in front of the castle, but made my way to Main Street to get a better view of the fireworks, and to be closer to the buses.

I had planned on staying for EMH, but I was just too tired. I took a bus to Saratoga Springs resort and walked to Disney Springs. I grabbed a soup and salad at Earl of Sandwich and ubered back to my hotel by 10:00pm.

I checked in, changed into PJs, assessed any sunburn - but had NONE! WIN! ( I had applied a LOT of sunscreen all day), set my alarm for 6:15, and barely remember falling asleep. Day 1 was a success!!!

krisri18

Continued

I'M HERE I'M HERE I'M HERE! I never feel like I truly start my Disney World trip without being in Magic Kingdom. I rented a locker to hold my purchases from EPCOT. The smell of popcorn, the sound of happy kids, the Magic Kingdom sound track!! I bursted into The Confectionary, eager to get my first Mickey shaped rice krispie treat. I waited in line for one from the display case and picked a rice krispie treat that was covered in celebration sprinkles! The moment I took a bite of that treat, I just knew I was home. Memories of coming here with my family flooded my thoughts. I sent a picture to my mom and updated our countdown to Disney family vacation 2019!

Funny story about Rice Krispie treats...my first trip to WDW was in February 2006. I was 13 years old. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. At the little market/shop at the resort, they sold Mickey Rice Krispie treats. My dad bought me my first one at that time. I finished that treat, and asked for another one. My dad told me that if I brought my treat stick back to the CM, they would give me a new one for free! WOW that is MAGICAL! 13 year old me brought that treat stick back like 10 times, no joke, over our 4 day trip. February 2007, we come back to WDW and stay at Port Orleans Riverside again. Well, 14 year old me ate all the Mickey Rice Krispies my heart desired. Fast forward 2017. My husband and I are planning our first WDW trip in February 2018, for the runDisney Princess Half Marathon weekend! We are out to dinner with my parents, discussing trip plans. I mention how I can't wait for endless Rice Krispie treats again, as it had been 9 years! ..... the cat was let out of the bag...my dad confessed he paid for every single one of those treats on our family trips...AND I STILL BELIEVED THEY HAD BEEN FREE UNTIL I WAS 24 YEARS OLD. I'm not that gullible, but I always believed in Disney magic. Heart shattered, I will never live down the fact that I thought if I returned my rice krispie treat stick, I would get free replacements. My mom makes sure she reminds me every opportunity she gets.

Back to my trip report! I took many photos, at varying distances, of myself with Cinderella's castle. I especially loved this one.

View attachment 349979

I wandered around Magic Kingdom. My next FP+ was to meet Mickey and Minnie in their celebration outfits!! I took my time and really enjoyed being able to set my own schedule. I was in no rush, I had no one to answer to, and enjoyed planning out my princess meet and greet schedule. I sat and charged my phone for a while in Adventureland.

Back to the front of the park, I wandered through the shops, noting the new merchandise and trying to decide if buying new Mickey ears was worth it. I stopped to watch the new "Move it, Shake it, Mousekedance It" parade.

View attachment 349981

I went to go purchase my Mickey Bar Alex and Ani only to find out they were sold out! 0/2 this trip so far!! I purchased the new Stitch Alex and Ani and got in the FP+ line for Mickey and Minnie at the theater.

Surrounded by tiny tots, I was the only solo adult in line to meet the mouse who started it all. The Photopass CM captured this overwhelming moment as both Mickey and Minnie were pointing at my ears, pointing at Minnie's bow, and just making me all sorts of confused. We did end up getting the cutest photo together though.

View attachment 349980

The rest of the evening was beautiful. I rode Buzz Lightyear SRS and didn't do nearly as well as I wanted to!! The wait to meet Ariel was 5 minutes, so I hopped in line! I confessed to Ariel that I had spent too much time out in the sun today, and could do well with some time in the ocean. She let me know that Sebastian would love my company! I snagged a FP+ for Cinderella and Elena! Cinderella was so cute! She asked me if my cats behaved themselves...and perhaps they had spent too much time with Lucifer. Elena was just the sweetest princess, but our interaction was short.

I waited in a 40 minute line to get my picture with the Tangled lantern outside the prettiest bathrooms in WDW! Check off that "to-do" on my list!!

View attachment 349983

I found myself back in front of the castle for Happily Ever After! I cry every time I watch this show! I started out right in front of the castle, but made my way to Main Street to get a better view of the fireworks, and to be closer to the buses.

View attachment 349986

I had planned on staying for EMH, but I was just too tired. I took a bus to Saratoga Springs resort and walked to Disney Springs. I grabbed a soup and salad at Earl of Sandwich and ubered back to my hotel by 10:00pm.

I checked in, changed into PJs, assessed any sunburn - but had NONE! WIN! ( I had applied a LOT of sunscreen all day), set my alarm for 6:15, and barely remember falling asleep. Day 1 was a success!!!
That's a beautiful photo of the fireworks over the castle! What an amazing first day!

Disstevefan1

Continued

View attachment 349979

View attachment 349981

View attachment 349980

View attachment 349983

View attachment 349986

Wow! That is a perfectly timed shot of the fireworks!!

Kiwiduck

That was such a lovely (and expensive!) thing for your parents to do for you. Imagine the look on the CMs face if you’d taken them up a stick and asked for a freebie as an adult :eek:

BrittM

Following !!
Loving your trip so far :D
I really want to go to WDW as a single gal as well. And this is definitely worth the read :D
Did you do any attractions as well and how did it go (how did you feel) doing these on your own???

StitchSNK

Original Poster
That was such a lovely (and expensive!) thing for your parents to do for you. Imagine the look on the CMs face if you’d taken them up a stick and asked for a freebie as an adult :eek:

Thank you! My parents fill my life with pixie dust. And ha! I know the look I would have on my face, so I can only imagine!

Following !!
Loving your trip so far :D
I really want to go to WDW as a single gal as well. And this is definitely worth the read :D
Did you do any attractions as well and how did it go (how did you feel) doing these on your own???

Yes, I did do some attractions by myself! I plan on doing a final "wrap up" about how I felt going solo in terms of attractions! Initial feedback is - if you're comfortable being with yourself, then you'll be comfortable doing ANYTHING at WDW. I highly recommend traveling solo.

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Day 2: Thursday, February 7th
I was awake before my 6:15am alarm...typical! At home my daily alarm is 4am, so 6:00am is sleeping in! Quick hotel workout - because walking 15+ miles a day isn't enough!

I meant to rope drop Animal Kingdom this morning in an effort to ride FoP...but plans don't always work out the way you want! I took an uber to Disney Springs and walked to SSR to catch a ride on Disney's Transportation System. I l-o-v-e the little speeches on the bus ride to the parks in the morning. It just sets the mood! My husband and I love SSR now that we stayed there February 2018. It was quiet, convenient, and perfect for us.

The Animal Kingdom bus didn't arrive at our stop for almost 30 minutes. There was a large group of us forming and given that we were at the last of five bus stops at SSR, it was a very full bus when it finally arrived.

I had a 9:15am FP+ for Expedition Everest, and made my way over to Asia as soon as I arrived. But, not before getting a photo with my favorite tree!

I was about to board my EE train when the CM's indicated that the ride was temporarily closed....we received "Multiple Attraction" FP+ and I made my way to Joffrey's to begin the caffeine consumption. One large cold brew later, I made my way over to FoP to investigate the line. But first, photopass opportunity! They were all over AK this morning.

The FoP line was already at 4 hours by 10:00am..there was no way I was waiting for that. I have ridden FoP a couple of times this year, but was unable to get FP+ for this trip. I shrugged it off and found another photopass CM!

As I mentioned in my PTR, one of my goals this trip was to get a photo with every Disney princess. I took a walk behind the Tree of Life and found no wait for Pocahontas! (but also no photopass CM) Pocahontas was my FAVORITE princess when I was 9 years old; I was so excited! I informed Pocahontas that Meeko had been rummaging through my camping site last year, and she let me know he was a big fan of marshmallows. I'll have to be more careful next time!

To be noted: I am 5'9" and I was taller than every princess!!

I checked MDE and saw that Everest was running!! I quickly made my way to the single rider line and rode one of my favorite rides! My ride neighbor had as much fun as I did! Pretty sure my face hurt from smiling so hard!

I took my time around AK and found one of my favorite animals, the TURTLE! I made some friends with the turtles, and then a couple of birds, and continued to Adventure Outpost for my FP+ with Mickey and Minnie! Another situation where I was the only adult surrounded by excited tots, ready to meet Mickey and Minnie Mouse. And, another photopass situation where I look like I'm telling some grand story or maybe I'm overwhelmed, not sure...but we were having a discussion about how I just rode Everest and Minnie was afraid of the Yeti!

It was definitely time for Festival of the Lion King - but not without stopping for a DOLE WHIP FIRST! I sent my husband a teasing picture and devoured one of my favorite Disney World treats. I would eat this every day if I could. I love pineapple!

Festival of the Lion King is probably a top 5 attraction for me. I get super into the story, the songs, and the gymnastics! Those monkeys sure are strong! I sat in the Lion section and gave my best rawr!!!

After Festival of the Lion King, I headed back to Everest...because I have to ride it a couple times, of course! By this time, the single rider line was almost as long as the stand-by. The cheerleader groups decided to use the single rider line as well...I made sure to photobomb as many of their selfies as possible. Sorry not sorry ladies!! 45 minutes later, I climbed aboard, this time accompanied by a single dad and his two daughters. He was so nervous for his youngest, as she said she was ready for this ride, but he wasn't sure. Dad's are always right, and as we pulled into the station, she was balling her eyes out. Poor girl!! I hope she had a better day after that!

My day at AK was wrapping up as I wanted to get back to EPCOT to enjoy some food at Festival of the Arts. I took a ride on Killimanjaro Safari's using my FP+ from this morning, and had the best safari trip ever! My CM was incredible - she was informative, funny, and had facts I had never heard before! WIN!

I stopped to get some henna (a turtle!) and explored the AK shops on my way out of the park. I bought some mystery pack 2019 pins and a Mickey's 90th celebration pin. I was super bummed that I had forgotten my entire pin collection at home. My plan was to use the mystery pins as traders with CMs, which ended up being super fun!

To be continued.

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Day 2: Thursday, February 7th
Continued

I hopped on a bus to Wilderness Lodge in an effort to convince my husband that it's time we buy into DVC and check out CCV. We had done the DVC sit-down in February and were 3 seconds away from signing the documents when we decided we should probably think about it more outside of the Disney bubble. Well, here we are, a year later...on our third trip to WDW in 365 days and another in July! We always rent points from others, so why wouldn't we just want our own!! I took a bunch of pictures and we agreed we will stay here next year to really get a feel for it, but still no DVC commitment. Progress?

I took a bus to EPCOT after leaving Jambo House, quite starving at this point. I always forget to eat at Disney! I had packed some hotel cheerios and quickly devoured my snack. A quick bus ride and I was back in EPCOT! I did ride Test Track yesterday, I just forgot to post about it! Single Rider line for the WIN!!!

First things first, FOOD! I basically ran to POP! Eats and purchased the least healthy item I could find, the cake. I wish I knew how to make this as it was INCREDIBLE.

Back to La Cava for some more Fiesta Margaritas!!! I drank one and decided I wanted a second one. Realizing that I needed a real meal, I got the taco trio at La Cantina! These were delicious! My taste buds might have been biased at this point, I was very hungry. I finished both my meal, and the second margarita, and decided to walk the WS again.

Still hungry, I stopped and got a sushi donut! I'm a sushi snob (Morimotos!), and found this mediocre. It did photograph well!

I stopped and watched the Disney on Broadway Concert Series - ode to Mary Poppins!! I spent a lot of my time viewing art and just relaxing.

For some reason...I made a FP+ reservation for Fantasmic! this evening...so I grabbed another Fiesta margarita and began my trek to the busses to head to HS. The greatest picture from my trip was taken this night...the CM was hilarious, and as I went to put my drink down, he encouraged me to keep it and this picture came about...

I had never seen Fantasmic! before...and probably won't see it again. I had to put my rain jacket on as the wind blew all the mist onto my side of the crowd.

I quickly left HS and headed to SSR to walk to DS again..and ubered to the Marriott. I was so tired I didn't even do any shopping!! Alarm set for 6:15am again...could NOT miss rope drop at HS!!!

Last edited:

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Small snag as I got to TSA - my pre-check was not linked to my ticket! UGH! I had to go through the normal TSA line...this would have been okay except I wore sandals and had to walk barefoot through the body scanner and that's just gross!

😱You brave soul. (With brave soles)

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Loving your trip report! You're making a solo trip to Disney look like the best kind of trip!

I think all solo trips have their place! But, I still prefer sharing Disney experiences with my husband and my immediate family. WDW brings families together (usually..), and while my solo trip was the greatest, I am blessed to have the opportunity to go a couple of times a year, with the people I love the most.

NessNewt

I love the rice krispie story!

I was going to ask how tall you are. Some of those princesses look very, very short!

Loving all the photopass pictures. That drink one is great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom