Trip Report You-suck-o-gram

Who: Me (Jake) My Sister (Brooke) My Mother (Joanne) My Father (Sandy)
My mother and I's friend, Lori her two kids mine and my sisters friend. Kristina (My friend), and Angelina (My sisters friend). Pictures will be uploaded when the trip starts.

Where
: Art of Animation

When: January 30th - February 1st.

Trip Details:
January 30th
Animal Kingdom
FP+
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur

Epcot
Extra Magic Hours

January 31st
ADR: Kona Cafe
Magic Kingdom
FP+
Space Mountain
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall

ADR: Tony's Town Square Restaurant
Extra Magic Hours

February 1st
Hollywood Studios
FP+
For The First Time in Forever a Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Toy Story Midway Mania!

Here are my plans! My trip starts in just less the 2 weeks! I will be posting everything when I get home from the trip.

Last edited:

mrdrift

I know this is a stupid question. But I'd really like to squeeze downtown disney in. What day do you think it would be best?
For my family we find that Hollywood Studios to be only a half day park, so I would sqeeze it in there. If not you can go after one of the other parks close that you are visiting and then go to Downtown Disney for a couple hours. Have fun.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
2.5 Days, we have a half school day thursday!   
So I thought I would upload the pics of the people coming.
Kristina, Lori and Angelina. (In that order)
krisa.jpg

Myself and My Mother. And then my Sister (Went looking for a group photo but can't find one)
fosas.jpg
jas.jpg

My Father
1798800_10205907920641651_4041720925186843385_n.jpg

We are all super excited!

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Day 1: Animal Kingdom and Epcot
Our first stop was Animal Kingdom, and my parents weren't there for the most part, due to a bank issue.
This was Angelina's first time on DINOSAUR and most likely her last. She was terrified! She's in the second row in the middle with her mom cradling her.
dinosaur.jpg

We then after getting off went on at least an hour hunt for pretzels and never found them. While on our pretzel hunt we took this awesome picture.
everest.jpg

My parents finally met up with us and we went on the safari. I took a bunch of pics on the safari but this is my favorite.
IMG_0506.jpg

We then had a fastpass for Everest but we skipped it. We then procceded to do a lot of shopping and met this awesome Wilderness Explorer cast member, Her name was Danielle. We then went on It's Tough to be A Bug, did a little more shopping. We then went to check into our hotel. And the lady that checked us in did an awesome job sketching it all out for us.
ariel.jpg

We were in the little mermaid building rooms 8668 & 8669. We then ate in our resorts food court which was a mistake but... then to Epcot!
The first thing we did in Epcot was Spaceship Earth, and then test track. I can't decide if Lori liked it lol she was in a seperate car because she was with Angie when we went the first time.
testtrack1.jpg

We then did figment and went back to the hotel.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Day 2: Magic Kingdom (This is where the title originates from)
Up at 8:00 thanks to our wake up call from Baymax, to be honest I prefer Olafs but thats just my opinion.
We drove to the Polyensian and of course got lost. We were in MK's CM parking lot and then to off property apartment buildings... It was lovely. We then got directions from a Man who looked like a woman. Dude looked like a lady... We then had breakfast at the Polynesian (eventually), and we were celebrating my birthday and our waitress couldn't have cared less and didn't even know (although it was on the reservation). But that's just the begging of the bad part. Lori ordered pancakes and sausage, she got Blueberry Pancakes and Sausage. The waitress (Shelia). Said she pressed the wrong button and then we received the receipt she was charged for Blueberry Pancakes, which according to the waitress was only "A 50 cent difference". And the breakfast was not all its cracked up to be, my pancakes were pretty dry. But we had a good time. After the breakfast Lori said instead of an Applause-O-Gram the waitress deserved a You-Suck-O-Gram.
kona.jpg

We then head to MK (via the monorail)
monorail.jpg

MK was surprisingly SUPER packed. We met talking Mickey who sang Happy Birthday to me! And my parents didn't come to meet Mickey. I don't think they wanted any pictures lol.
mickes.jpg

We did our FP+ for Space Mountain
SPACEMOUNTAIN.jpg
, the Laugh Floor. I traded my Olaf pin for a rare Dopey hidden Mickey pin, it was for my mom Dopey's her favorite, she then bought me a new Olaf, in the Polynesian's gift shop.
When we returned to MK around 7 that evening we shopped at waited on Main Street for our 8 oclock reservation at Tony's. Even though they had the bypass open. At dinner the waitress ASKED what I wanted for dessert to sing happy birthday with. I got gelato and a adorable birthday card with Paw prints on the inside. We then went on the Mine Train which Angie was hesitant to do, we told her it wasn't scary, as it it isn't. Well she didn't think so. Minutes after the ride started she was screaming. "YOU LIED TO ME!" As you can see by her face she didn't really enjoy it.
MINE.jpg

After that we did my favorite M&G with Anna and Elsa. I like Elsa better but you have to meet them both. haha
My parents already met them and didn't wanna come again.
ANNANDELSA.jpg

We then did it's a small world, and then peter pans flight, which we only did because it was a short wait and I wanted to see the new queue. Which is awesome playing with your shadows was awesome and so was playing with Tink. We then went to Rapunzel's bathrooms and then we sat in the charging Area, Kristina and my Dad went on the Haunted Mansion the rest of sat there and then Angie and Lori went back to the hotel. Kristina and Brooke did Big Thunder 4 or 5 times. My dad only did it once or twice. I did some of the SOTMK until one of the portals didn't work and because it was EMH the firehouse and the station in Liberty Square were closed and therefore I couldn't continue. We were going to do Enchanted Tales with Belle but we couldn't cause we needed 20 people to start the show and we couldn't get that many people. :( Although we talked to Dotty from Ohio University and she was really cool. And then we did Pooh and then the mine train again. We got lost on the way home and didn't make it back home till almost 4.

Day 3:

We then woke up at about 10:30 had breakfast and then headed to Hollywood Studios. We missed our fastpass for the frozen singalong which I've done 3 or 4 times so it wasn't too bad. We caught two celebrities fighting on Hollywood Blvd. And then did the Tower of Terror, let this picture tell you how I feel.
towre.jpg

Im glad I did it but will never do it again. We then did Toy Story which the early entry FP option wasn't working so in the mean time we took a pic with a green army man,
armyman.jpg

after Toy Story was muppets, the great movie ride and finally Star Tours. And then FREE Starbucks. The new Trolley Car Café was having its soft opening's. Everyone went in even my mom who doesn't drink coffee and got me a chocolate croissant to go with my drink. IT WAS REALLY GOOD!
And then that was the end of our trip.
It was a really good time and I hope you enjoyed our trip report. I really look forward to writing another one!

Last edited:

mrdrift

Thank you for sharing your family vacation with all of us. Happy late birthday by the way, sorry to hear about the poor breakfast at the Poly. Which restaurant were you at. Seems like everyone had a wonderful time at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studious. The pictures were really cute.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing your family vacation with all of us. Happy late birthday by the way, sorry to hear about the poor breakfast at the Poly. Which restaurant were you at. Seems like everyone had a wonderful time at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studious. The pictures were really cute.
Thank you for reading! It was at Kona, and we did thank you! And my birthday isn't actually till Saturday so thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom