You KNOW you're a Disney Castmember when...

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

You know you're a Disney Cast Member when....

*All your conversations start with "One time at Disney…"

*You never point with one finger

*You've worked with or lived with people from every state and at least 5 other countries

*You knew where all of your friends were every Thursday night

*You know that "my Friday" could easily fall on a Tuesday (and it probably does) - What the hell is a weekend anyway???

*Le Cellier, the Brown Derby, O'Hana, Earl of Sandwich… enough said

*You can calmy say "Yes, the wait really is 30 minutes." 50 times within 5 minutes

*You know what alpha-unit means

*You know what a protein spill is, and you can smell Voban from 50 feet away

*You speak fluent 'radio'…. 101, 102, 56, 10-4, 10-9

*You know where someone can find any Disney character at any time (or at least CHIP knows)

*You know what CHIP is

*You never wait for more than 10 minutes for any attraction

*Anything heartwarming that happens is now a "Magical Moment"

*When shopping at the grocery store, when the checker thanks you for your business, you now reply "my pleasure"

*You can spot a hidden Mickey anywhere

*You regret not having a FastPass every time you have to wait in a line

*You know it's a costume, not a uniform

*You can spot a Mickey antennae on any car that is a mile away

*You can recite preshows and even entire attraction spiels without even thinking about it

*You have saved a baby elephant from deadly poachers several times

*You use the following terms in normal conversation: ADO, ER, MK, TTC, Poly, the tunnel, DAK, PI, Vista, Commons, Chatham forgetting that no one has a clue what you're talking about

*You start friendly conversations with complete strangers (whether you are at work or not) --- so true!!! Especially if you see that they are wearing birthday or 1st visit buttons

*You know how to perfectly plan your day so that you can see both Illuminations and Wishes

*Anytime you go anywhere you wonder what the story is behind the particular place

*When someone asks you where you are from, you automatically point to where your name tag would be, even if you aren't at work

*"The Man" now becomes "The Mouse"

*You know the colors of all the Monorails

*Any WDW commercial brings a tear to your eyes

*You know that one of the nighttime shows that is impossible to miss is the "Stroller Races down Main Street"

*You have the overwhelming urge to offer to take people's pictures

*"Is there anything else I can assist you with?"

*You know how to smile and politely answer the question "Why is it raining?" (YES, we seriously get that one.)

*When a 40 hour work week is a slow week, and doubles are commonplace

*You think nothing of walking up to lost people and offering directions.

*You can spend a day at WDW without going on any rides and you still have the time of your life

*You have seen the backside of water

*You never need a map for any of the parks

*Guests ask you for directions… when you aren't in costume

*You can speak Spanish...or at the least the Spanish part of the monorail. "Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas."

*You know what "EPCOT" stands for

*It's not unusual to have lunch at a pub in England and have dinner at a sushi bar in Japan while stopping at Norway for a quick dessert.

* You can drive a pargo like a race car

* You love using doors that open "Automagically"

* You know that Ghirerdelli's gives away free chocolate...and you have a hat to get that second piece...

*You know how to answer the question "Do you know what time the 3 o'clock parade is?" (Most common asked question!!!)

*You know where all the dirty references are in each and every disney movie!! (Yes, there are many of them!!!)

*Not "customers", but "guests"....

*You know what it is like to actually "live" where you work...

*When the mouse becomes the rat....

*When all customer service sucks outside of Disney... and you harshly judge all other customer service establishments

*When you can drink all the way around the world in one day...

*You know where everyone over 21 is on a Tuesday night...

*You wish there were Disney FASTPASS tickets available at the airport, DMV, grocery store and the bank.

*When you go on vacation, you say hello to Housekeepers in the hallways.

*You can imitate the voices of all the characters

* When you hear the term Fab 5 you automaticly think of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Doanld, and Pluto

WDWKat26

You know you're an Entertainment CM when:

You develop an addiction to Sharpies, and get excited when you use them instead of pens.

::raises hand:: guilty.

jiminy.cricket

Haha! :lol:

I got this from my friend:

We live in Orlando, and yes, it's shady and skeezy at times - but just thinking about it makes us smile. We live in Disney Housing so how bad can it be?
We go to the parks everyday, and make sure we get backdoored onto every ride. And yes, getting backdoored really is the best thing ever.
We go to Wal-Mart all the time for no reason, and b***h b/c Target has a closing time.
We could be from Alaska or Maine, but we still call home saying "y'all."
We know what TTC, DAK, PI, MK, DCT, MJJP, DSMC, TTA, ER, ROS, RDO, and all those fun things stand for.
We've seen people have to pop their trunks for security (just to find people hiding with the spare tire).
We know what Vista Lay means and that Chatham is by far better quality, but that the Commons rules because of free laundry.
We compare our ID pictures, just to have to turn them in to get the new "color of the season".
We love going to the CP Pools, but we'd NEVER go in the hot tub.
We ruled PI on Monday and Thursday nights.
We have friends in almost every country, speaking all languages.
At least 100 of us can never work for Disney again because we got fired for drinking in our apartments or stealing cheap Disney stuff.
We've almost been hit by an American Coach bus at least 50 times and we still can't figure out what language the bus drivers are speaking in [I think it's Haitian Creole].
We like to pretend that we understand (fluently) every language spoken to us.
We can and will give you directions through any park, in streetclothes.
On days off, we go to work to visit our friends.
Chick-fil-a, Wendy's and McDonald's...thats it.
We know what an alpha-unit is, and if our friends at home get hurt, we always ask them 3 times if they need assistance.
We know the power of a found Earning My Ears ribbon.
We've left at least one Publix shopping cart on that street corner.
We can't avoid having a ZILLION of those mickey stickers or those white WDW Resort pens (unless we need one to write).
We can identify at least a half dozen costumes in each park and several of the resort hotels (and yes, every work uniform after this will be a 'costume' to us).
Everyone's sir, ma'am, princess, or buddy, even if we're ready to backhand them.
We point with 2 fingers, not one.
Magical moments and take 5's make us smile (and yes, we know the difference).
We get screwed over with a smile and will probably come back for more in a following program.
We are Disney CPs, and we're damn proud of it. And oh yeah, we hope you have a MAGICAL FREAKING DAY!

kcw

You know you're an Entertainment CM when:

You develop an addiction to Sharpies, and get excited when you use them instead of pens.

::raises hand:: guilty.

hahahahaha I'm super guilty of that one!!! I thought I was the only one with this problem... especially when it come to the clicky sharpies!!!:D

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
hahahahaha I'm super guilty of that one!!! I thought I was the only one with this problem... especially when it come to the clicky sharpies!!!:D

Ok now I have to ask. Please elaborate on the sharpie-addiction...?

WDWKat26

Sharpies are great for characters because 1. They always work 2. Our attendants always carry them 3. They write on anything and 4. They're really easy to hold when you only have say...3 fingers and a kid wants you to sign their book with a golf pencil.

LAPVLB

Sharpies are great for characters because 1. They always work 2. Our attendants always carry them 3. They write on anything and 4. They're really easy to hold when you only have say...3 fingers and a kid wants you to sign their book with a golf pencil.

that's cute. kind of makes me want to be a character. (you see, i love sharpies already. especially the 48 packs with colors that rival crayola.) :)

kcw

not to mention that 5) signatures always look better when written with a sharpie.... as opposed to a pen, or worse, a pencil! And 6) the clicky sharpies are even better, because then characters don't have to mess with the caps when the kid can't figure that out that they need to take the cap off while the kid's mom laughs about how cute it is that little joey doesn't understand that he needs to take his cap off....:dazzle:

disneygoof1

this is awesome!! I love the one about being asked questions when your not even in costume. Also my family gets really annoyed with me when I point with two fingers, even now. I haven't been a cast member for two years now, but going back real soon. It's like the sign "See ya real soon"!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom