You Gotta love Disney IT! New password policy.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Just got off the phone with Disney customer service as to why, all of a sudden, I could no longer log into MDE with my username and password. What was strange is that I could still log into the MDE app as well as the DVC member page with the same credentials without issue. After about 11 minutes on hold, Sandra answers, asks me some security questions then says:

"Oh yeah, we changed the password policy about a week ago and members who don’t meet the new policy will be locked out."

My immediate response was, “wouldn’t it have been a good idea to send an email out about this?” To which her response was “yes it would have but we didn’t.” She sounded most tired and a little bit irritated about my comment and was quick to get me to reset my password. I just wanted to pass this along in the event someone else has issues logging in.

NYwdwfan

Did they elaborate on what the new password policy is?

I had to change mine last week - I think it was 6 characters, at least one capital and one lowercase letter and then either a special character or a number sign as well.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
I actually laughed that we were given different information.
She made no mention of special char to me or upper case. I'm not surprised in the least but, again, Sandra sounded TIRED on the phone so I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one burdening her with my comments.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I received notification that I needed to change my password as I attempted to log in to disneyworld.com last week. There were no instructions on password requirements (which I found odd) but since my current password was only letters, I simply kept it and added numbers to it. Worked fine. No uppercase letter or special character required.

Innkeeper's Club

I received notification that I needed to change my password as I attempted to log in to disneyworld.com last week. There were no instructions on password requirements (which I found odd) but since my current password was only letters, I simply kept it and added numbers to it. Worked fine. No uppercase letter or special character required.
I was also just on disneyworld.com and saw the exact same thing to change my password, however I decided to make a brand new one. I also got an e-mail from them right away confirming that I changed it.

Jahona

That would explain why an old account I tried switching an email address on earlier this week wasn't accepting the password and I had to reset it. Some of the back-end services for Disney feel a bit archaic at times.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
For those who have had one for quite a while, or even multiple ones (remember go mail ?) it also was set to go after duplicates to force a call by the customer. After I complied with the new parameters voila! empty profile . With a trip booked for next week, quite a few ADRs,experiences not to mention APs lets say I wasnt quite thrilled. MDE on the mobile app was still working and populated so I wasnt really upset.

Cmdr_Crimson

While I did get my password updated it seems that the MDE App is not even accepting the new password..Does anyone know why it still gives me the warning to call them when I got it fixed with a IT Rep?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm still using a six-character password to log in without any issue. Five letters and a number, no upper case. Maybe they haven't imposed the new policy on everyone yet?

**Shrug**

Cmdr_Crimson

I used the app just fine with my new password that does not have a special character.
I also had no problems logging on to the My Disney Experience App with my new password and I also had no problems when logging onto disneyworld.com using my new password.

With mine when I log onto it through the website it's fine...However when I go to the app, it logs me on but no reservation, no magic bands, nothing...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just got off the phone with Disney customer service as to why, all of a sudden, I could no longer log into MDE with my username and password. What was strange is that I could still log into the MDE app as well as the DVC member page with the same credentials without issue. After about 11 minutes on hold, Sandra answers, asks me some security questions then says:

"Oh yeah, we changed the password policy about a week ago and members who don’t meet the new policy will be locked out."

My immediate response was, “wouldn’t it have been a good idea to send an email out about this?” To which her response was “yes it would have but we didn’t.” She sounded most tired and a little bit irritated about my comment and was quick to get me to reset my password. I just wanted to pass this along in the event someone else has issues logging in.

Ugh - if there are password strengths that can be checked post entry it means Disney is using a reversible password algorithm which means use a different password on your disney account than any other account because if DISNEY can read your password anyone else with access to the passwords can as well,

Ordinarily passwords should be stored as a one way hash using something like MD5 because the hash cannot be used to reverse the password.

I think I'll reset my password to something obscene and see what response that gets from Disney.

Innkeeper's Club

With mine when I log onto it through the website it's fine...However when I go to the app, it logs me on but no reservation, no magic bands, nothing...
When you say it like that I'm 99.9% sure I had that same problem this past July. There was a previous update to the app and when I logged on to it did not show any of my upcoming resort reservations and ADR's, although the website still showed everything. However since I was still logged onto the app I clicked where it says my profile, typed in my password and after that it showed all my information. So maybe you can try that and see what happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom