YOU fix Tomorrowland/Fantasyland

britain

Original Poster
Let's say all this space is at your disposal. What do you do? What DO you DO!?

1531855128433.png

Phroobar

Ok, they can build the right side of Lucas World. Then when no one goes over to Frontierland and Adventureland anymore, they can build the left side.

Rich T

Three new areas starting with Zootopia near Small World, leading to a Kingdom Hearts Traverse Town as a sort of back hub, with that blending into a Steam Punk-ish Discovery Bay on the edge of the lagoon leading back to a revamped Tomorrowland that only keeps Space Mountain. :D

NateD1226

Three new areas starting with Zootopia near Small World, leading to a Kingdom Hearts Traverse Town as a sort of back hub, with that blending into a Steam Punk-ish Discovery Bay on the edge of the lagoon leading back to a revamped Tomorrowland that only keeps Space Mountain. :D
I really like that idea! The rides there would be so cool in that area! I would put another rollercoaster in the Tomorrowland area. Maybe an alien ride like @TwilightZone said.

britain

Original Poster
Bah! I'm serious. With all Star Wars eggs in the Galaxy's Edge basket and all Marvel eggs in the new DCA basket, what's left to inspire Tomorrowland?

Phroobar

Bah! I'm serious. With all Star Wars eggs in the Galaxy's Edge basket and all Marvel eggs in the new DCA basket, what's left to inspire Tomorrowland?
Modern technology. Computers, space, bio engineering, imagination, nanotech, energy, Seabase Delta and communications to name a few. Basically it needs to be what Epcot's Future World was suppose to before the toonification.

Animaniac93-98

Let's say all this space is at your disposal. What do you do? What DO you DO!?

View attachment 296886

WESTcot lite (ironically, on the East side of the park).

A modified World Showcase next to the Matterhorn on the upper half with various European and Asian buildings hosting shops, restaurants and a indoor/outdoor boat ride through the various countries represented.

Future World bottom half with Figment 3D movie, and improved Mission: Space where Star Tours is now, Horizons instead of Buzz and Sea Base Alpha instead of Launch Bay, with better Submarine Voyage next door. Astro Orbitor is moved the center of the land and Pizza Port becomes Coral Reef.

BrianLo

Lol, I do like blowing it up like that. Demonstrates how much wasted real estate the mess takes up.

I'm mostly just stealing old ideas, but I think Tokyo had it right, the solution to 'fixing' tomorrowland is to first and foremost chop away at its real estate. I like the concept of the Fantasyland restaurant complex that was to originally eat away at one of the tomorrowland buildings. Matterhorn should be surrounded by Fantasyland. Secondly I think the train could be re-routed to provide more of a divisor (and a much more interesting route) through the middle of all the additional bavarian stuff. The North Eastern corner winds up Scandinavia headlined by Frozen. The Small world mall and Northern flank of Matterhorn is dedicated to another Fantasyland dark ride. I picked Beauty and the Beast for ease.

Tomorrowland winds up with a smaller profile, retaining Space Mountain, a new double floored structure at the entrance of the land for an attraction and one mega-Eticket at the end of the walkway where invoventions partially sits now, although a slightly bigger profile with the reconfiguration.

The photos are stand ins but the new tomorrowland should focus on steams works and Tokyo Disney sea-esque Jules Verne aesthetics

1531855128433.png
1531855128433-2.png

Last edited:

NateD1226

he Small world mall and Northern flank of Matterhorn is dedicated to another Fantasyland dark ride. I picked Beauty and the Beast for ease.
I actually was thinking the same thing. The dark ride could be called like Belle's Adventure Through the Castle of something like that.

MKeeler

I split the area into two lands.

Discoveryland takes over the northern portion, focusing on the discovery of the world around us. A more attraction based world showcase.
This section would include:
  • it's a small world
  • the Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
  • Autopia now themed to the International Grand Prix, our roadways of the world, with appropriate set dressing and a relocated entrance
  • the Alpine Garden Pavilion restaurant, a "biergarten" over the Pixie Hollow location
  • International Street for shops and counter service over the motor boat cruise area, and perhaps the northern portion of Autopia.

Tomorrowland gets a mid-century modern future aesthetic. Our future of the 1950s. The Jetsons future in shiny white and primary colors. This should draw inspiration from the Ward Kimball cartoons of the 1950s and 1960s. I want his robot somewhere in this land, maybe in a vignette on the PeopleMover.
This section would include:
  • Space Mountain
  • Star Tours now Galaxy Tours (the idea of a future Galactic Travel Port is still a good one) - This should really be the home for Guardians of the Galaxy instead of Tower. I mean imagine the ride where Rocket steals the ship and has a dancing Groot on the dash.
  • A restored PeopleMover
  • The Astro Orbiter returned to its rightful place in the sky
  • A revamped Buzz Lightyear to be much more Commando Cody or King of the Rocket Men instead of the current toy aesthetic. This is Buzz Lightyear by way of the fictitious 1950s television show that inspired the toy. The Buzz Lightyear where you are really training to be a Space Ranger.
  • A Tomorrowland Terrace Stage free of Jedi Training and now featuring rock bands.
  • A permanent Pizza Planet counter service in Pizza Port, with full attention to detail from the film, including robots at the door and alien slime slurpees
  • A new film in the Path of the Jedi Theater themed to time travel. This way, the "time travel" or tachyon effects could spill out of the theater affecting the train, leading it to the Grand Canyon and Primeval World.
  • Starcade gets a VOID VR experience setup. I know this has a really low throughput, but could see this being a FastPass only attraction.
  • The Carousel/Innoventions building gets split in two.
  • An updated Adventure Through Innerspace on the first floor. Modern technology should be able to make this a very interesting attraction.
  • The second floor gets the Space table service restaurant from EPCOT, though these "windows" would get appropriate sci-fi touches in addition to the space views.
That's my If I Were CEO wish list. I can make a really good argument that Marvel is a better fit for Tomorrowland than Disney California Adventure (it would balance the crowds of Disneyland out better between Star Wars and Marvel; and 1960s science heroes fit pretty well with the 1960s science exhibits Walt and Company had established), but I think the above is a better approach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom