You don't need to visit WDW for a Mickey Bar.

Phil12

Original Poster
I had heard about this! @Phil12 - how was it? Does it compare? I am not going to lie- I am excited about the prospect, but my waistline is praying that they are disgusting =)

What store?
They're good. As other people have mentioned, they are not the same as the WDW Premium Mickey Bars. However, it would be irresponsible to sell those for normal home consumption because they're far from healthy. Each Mickey Premium Bar has 300 grams of carbohydrates while the home version has only 24 grams. So, for an occasional desert, these bars won't cause you to end up in an ECV. One Premium Mickey Bar contains an entire days worth of carbs. I bought mine at Publix.

peter11435

They're good. As other people have mentioned, they are not the same as the WDW Premium Mickey Bars. However, it would be irresponsible to sell those for normal home consumption because they're far from healthy. Each Mickey Premium Bar has 300 grams of carbohydrates while the home version has only 24 grams. So, for an occasional desert, these bars won't cause you to end up in an ECV. One Premium Mickey Bar contains an entire days worth of carbs. I bought mine at Publix.
The Mickey premium bars are pretty bad for you but you’re quite a bit off on that carbohydrate number you have there.

habuma

I've got a box of these here at home. Not bad. Picked them up at a King Soopers (aka, Kroger).

Even if they were exactly the same size and ingredients, it's not the same unless you're eating them while standing in excessive Florida heat and humidity, chipping a tooth on the frozen-solid insides while the chocolate coating breaks off onto your shirt, instantly melting into the fibers to form a conspicuous brown stain you'll wear the rest of the day.

Cmdr_Crimson

Unless I'm reading your post wrong, it seems like you're saying that they are the same product since they're manufactured/distributed by the same company?
The ingredients of both were posted above, where you can see that they are not the same product. The premium bars are made with high butterfat milk and bitter chocolate. The store version is not (skim milk and cocoa).

The premium bars are a park-specific item, and likely will always be... the new store ones are just cheap ice cream bars shaped like Mickey in order to capitalize on the 90th.
It says it at the bottom who distributes it that is alI I was referring to..Why would a same distributor have different ingredients if they are selling the same product?

Last edited:

JoeCamel

It says it at the bottom who distributes it that is alI was referring to..Why would a same distributor have different ingredients if they are selling the same product?
It is part of the master plan. Disney wants you to think their parks are so magical even the ice cream tastes better than what you can get in Publix so you will plunk down 6K for a "magical" vacay with the mouse just to have that special taste you only get in the parks so they authorized a cheaper version.

Orrr, they are product testing for a switcheroo and you will be seeing the cheaper version in a park near you next year. Increased priced though....

Cmdr_Crimson

Am I seriously the only one who loves the new Mickey shorts? :/ Seems that way. I think they’re great, each episode is packed full of historical references.

I have a vibe of Dexter's laboratory since the director worked on it..

Had them in the late 80's too if I'm not mistaken.
Yep Mickey's Parade were the best...
98f243a33efd9827268c572eedb0f298.jpg

Then they re-released them for sometime...
06-wd0609-Ice-Cream-Truck-Treats.jpg

I do find it weird that the park also sold a shirt with that version of the mickey bar but, they never did..
7505002529931.jpg

But, nothing compares to the character shape Ice pops...
erb4n7oufu701.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom