You don't need to visit WDW for a Mickey Bar.

Phil12

Original Poster
Look what I found today at my local grocery store:

https://people.com/food/mickey-mouse-ice-cream-bars-stores-90th-birthday-disney-world/

DisFanMark

They'll never taste like the ones you purchase while at any Disney location. Sort of like eating a hot dog at home vs. the 'delicious Ball Park Dogs' at a baseball game. Atmosphere adds that little bit of punch :happy:
What also adds punch is using real premium ice cream and bittersweet chocolate in the Parks' ice cream bar as opposed to low-fat ice cream and cocoa powder in the store version. ;-) There's a reason the word 'Premium' is on the packaging at the Parks and not on the store box.

Fox&Hound

I had heard about this! @Phil12 - how was it? Does it compare? I am not going to lie- I am excited about the prospect, but my waistline is praying that they are disgusting =)

What store?

mf1972

i wouldn’t eat the waffles. the bed bath & beyond store by me sells the waffle mix they use down there. carbon’s golden waffle mix

Castle Cake Apologist

And yet they are both distributed through Nestle Dreyers...Strange...

Unless I'm reading your post wrong, it seems like you're saying that they are the same product since they're manufactured/distributed by the same company?
The ingredients of both were posted above, where you can see that they are not the same product. The premium bars are made with high butterfat milk and bitter chocolate. The store version is not (skim milk and cocoa).

The premium bars are a park-specific item, and likely will always be... the new store ones are just cheap ice cream bars shaped like Mickey in order to capitalize on the 90th.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom