You choose: FLE, Cars, Potter, Penguins

Pick it!

• Total voters

Californian Elitist

Cars Land. I've been waiting for this puppy and Buena Vista Street for years and now the time has come. Hallelujah! Now I'm waiting for Harry Potter to appear at Universal Studios Hollywood, so that's next.

meyeet

With such young kids it's Fantasyland for me. I would vote Carsland but don't think I'll be seeing it anytime soon.

MarkandAmy

Choosing Potter...I went to IOA just for Potter. I don't think anyone is going to Disney just for FLE. Universal got this one right.

rufio

FLE and Cars Land! I don't know that I'll ever make it to DL, but I'll keep hoping they bring it over this way next!

bubbles1812

Potter. And then in a farther back second new FLE...new FLE probably would have been a closer second and maybe even first if the new Snow White ride would be done anytime soon. As is it, we are still a year and a half a way from that. Carsland is really exciting but it's not coming to WDW any time soon. I will be curious though to see the new things in Sea World too.

dreamscometrue

FLE, if that includes the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Carsland would be second. Not a fan of Harry Potter at all...the ride is great just can't stand the movies (after seeing the first one).

bubbles1812

FLE, if that includes the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Carsland would be second. Not a fan of Harry Potter at all...the ride is great just can't stand the movies (after seeing the first one).

Just curious, have you read the HP books? They are so much better than the movies (though that's generally a rule of most films based on books). And I'm a big HP fan but I can admit, especially the first two Potter movies weren't good. The direction wasn't good at all and they were much more little kid films than the rest of the HP movies. I'd really encourage you to give the first book a try. It's not much more than 200 pages so it is an easy read.

And yeah, I said in my above post, FLE would be a closer second to HP if it includes the new mine train...but as that isn't opening anytime soon... I'm sure the Beauty and Beast area will be awesome (it's my fav Disney movie!) but at the end of the day it's still going to be a restaurant with generic food, or at least that is what it seems. Now if they did a few specialty items it might be a different story. I love Little Mermaid too, and enhanced the ride but I wish they would have enhanced it a bit from the DL one rather than copy it exactly.

rufio

Just curious, have you read the HP books? They are so much better than the movies (though that's generally a rule of most films based on books). And I'm a big HP fan but I can admit, especially the first two Potter movies weren't good. The direction wasn't good at all and they were much more little kid films than the rest of the HP movies. I'd really encourage you to give the first book a try. It's not much more than 200 pages so it is an easy read.

And yeah, I said in my above post, FLE would be a closer second to HP if it includes the new mine train...but as that isn't opening anytime soon... I'm sure the Beauty and Beast area will be awesome (it's my fav Disney movie!) but at the end of the day it's still going to be a restaurant with generic food, or at least that is what it seems. Now if they did a few specialty items it might be a different story. I love Little Mermaid too, and enhanced the ride but I wish they would have enhanced it a bit from the DL one rather than copy it exactly.

Agreed! I saw the movies first and loved them, then went back and read the books (I wasn't allowed to read them as a child, being the devil's work and all). I LOVED the books! First series I've ever read straight through without a break. And I have to say, as much as I loved the movies when I first watched them, going back and rewatching the first few is painful.

For me, any expansion is a plus. FLE just so I can see the level of theming (and to get rid of those blasted construction walls), Cars Land in order to ride RSR, HP because even though I don't like FJ, I love the queue and the shops, I feel immersed :) Also Sea World because I would never have the chance to see Antarctica and I've read that Turtle Trek is really cool :)

WEDway1975

I have to choose Carsland cause all the great theming and RSR.FLE is my second and Harry Potter umm... I am not that big of a fan and before everyone starts asking me questions, yes I did read the books and I didn't like them but many of the people I know liked the series and I think Universal made a good move of building WWOHP but the question is "Will Harry Potter popularity last another 10, 20, years?"

bubbles1812

I have to choose Carsland cause all the great theming and RSR.FLE is my second and Harry Potter umm... isn't my favortie and before everyone starts hating on me and asking me questions yes I did read the books and I didn't like them but many of the people I know liked the series and I think Universal made a good move of building WWOHP but the question is "Will Harry Potter popularity last another 10, 20, years?"

I think it has a good chance of doing so. I don't have children but of my friends who do, all of them have introduced the books to their kids and their kids have loved them. I think that is a cycle that will be perpetuated forward. It also doesn't have a plot that will become so dated over time. Certain series just have staying power and it seems some of the fantasy series have the best chance to be read by new generations (Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings, for example). The book series is famous enough, not in the sense maybe that it is revolutionary literary wise but in the impact it had on the reading habits of so many kids. I think that that's something that will definitely help it be remembered and stay too. And plus! they will probably have remade the movies by then as Hollywood has run out of ideas ;)

The HP series will at least be more relevant than say...Avatar ;) in 10 or 20 years time, IMO. Though I'm still curious to see what Disney is going to do with that.

WEDway1975

I think that is a cycle that will be perpetuated forward. It also doesn't have a plot that will become so dated over time. Certain series just have staying power and it seems some of the fantasy series have the best chance to be read by new generations (Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings, for example). The book series is famous enough, not in the sense maybe that it is revolutionary literary wise but in the impact it had on the reading habits of so many kids.

You do have a point there.

Though I'm still curious to see what Disney is going to do with that.

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom