You can't get me down!

PSM

Original Poster
In 18 days, I'll be at Magic Kingdom with my son, and regardless of how much negativity the parks, management, Genie+, Lightning Lanes, new shows, new rides, and everything else is receiving, YOU CAN'T GET ME DOWN! :D

I've been going to WDW since the 80's and have full reference points for everything that's changed and been added and taken away, but this will be my son's first real trip where he isn't a baby. I've dreamed about this since I decided to have kids! So even with all of the negativity and extra costs, there is SO MUCH for me to be excited about! I'll be rolling with the punches, figuring out the new systems, and just soaking in all that it means to be in Disney World and, especially, for him to be in Disney World.

And better yet, he's only three going on four, so he doesn't know a thing about all of the negativity everyone else is spreading. REVIEWS BE DARNED! HE'S GOING TO SEE MICKEY MOUSE AND THE CASTLE! GUYS! DID YOU KNOW MICKEY MOUSE LIVES THERE?! AND THERE'S A CASTLE?!!!

Come on, November 9th!!!

Archie123

In 18 days, I'll be at Magic Kingdom with my son, and regardless of how much negativity the parks, management, Genie+, Lightning Lanes, new shows, new rides, and everything else is receiving, YOU CAN'T GET ME DOWN! :D

I've been going to WDW since the 80's and have full reference points for everything that's changed and been added and taken away, but this will be my son's first real trip where he isn't a baby. I've dreamed about this since I decided to have kids! So even with all of the negativity and extra costs, there is SO MUCH for me to be excited about! I'll be rolling with the punches, figuring out the new systems, and just soaking in all that it means to be in Disney World and, especially, for him to be in Disney World.

And better yet, he's only three going on four, so he doesn't know a thing about all of the negativity everyone else is spreading. REVIEWS BE DARNED! HE'S GOING TO SEE MICKEY MOUSE AND THE CASTLE! GUYS! DID YOU KNOW MICKEY MOUSE LIVES THERE?! AND THERE'S A CASTLE?!!!

Come on, November 9th!!!

Cool.

TotallyBiased

Had the same excitement when I took my daughter, but she was in her teens at the time and magic was kinda dead to her at that point. Though I managed to get a video of her in an awkward conversation with Peter Pan (who evidently my older daughter knew from when she was there in the college program).

I still use this video as blackmail on her.

mergatroid

Hope you and your family love every second. Having our last 2 trips cancelled (should be there now) we've booked for next March. On here you'll find a minority of people who seem to delight at finding stuff to be negative and complain about. There's also many though who love Disney and want the best experience for their money and don't feel currently that's the case and express that.

Personally I find that when we go there's plenty about Disney to still love and get excited about. It's a case of knowing what you enjoy doing and doing it trying to ignore those telling you how bad everything is. Perhaps it is for them, but that doesn't mean it has to be for you. It can be annoying with the odd poster seemingly putting everything down on seemingly every thread, however that shouldn't stop you enjoying your trip as their opinion is just their opinion.

Have a great time.

JIMINYCR

Love your attitude. I’ve always said you make the trip a success with a positive approach. You plan out the trip you want, stay flexible and be willing to adjust to what you encounter. Sure there are things I don’t like and things I’d like to see different but I don’t let those things ruin my enjoyment. There’s so much negatives people post that you’d think Disney is a complete fail, but that’s not the case.
Give your child a great time and enjoy every moment you have. There’s nothing better than watching your child be happy and get filled with joy.

DfromATX

Come on, November 9th!!!
You will have a great time! I usually stay off of here shortly before a trip lol. We went in February and had a great time!

NickMaio

Come on, November 9th!!!
Have a fantastic time.......great mindset for your trip. And have a safe trip.

DfromATX

And I like to stay on here so when I go I can see how wrong some of those negative nellies are!!! I cant tell you how many bad reviews Ive read about that when seen in person arent at all the way things have been portrayed.

Ha ha that's great! :)

mergatroid

A MINORITY? This is an incredibly negative place to discuss Disney. I'm with the OP - go because you enjoy the place, not because you need to see how bad everything is!
I said a minority who seem to delight at finding stuff to be negative and complain about. I believe there's a lot of negativity from some posters who are actually sad that they see the negatives and genuinely want it better. There's a minority though that you just know only post negative stuff as they enjoy the attention it brings them, quite sad that in life that's their 'thing'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom