You can take the Girl out of Disney, BUT.........

jenseib

Original Poster
Day 5 ~ March 30, 2012

Again, I have no notes for this day, so I have to go by memory.

I’m sure I woke early as I never can sleep very long on vacation. I probably went down for breakfast and also caught up on facebook via my Kindle. I did love the free wifi at Quality Inn.

I also had the task of packing up. I brought along a luggage scale this time to be sure none of the bags were overweight and we did just fine.

I believe it was around 10 AM when we packed up the car and got on the road shortly after that. We didn’t have a discussed plan, we just left. So…as we pulled out, I asked Skip where we were going. Our flight didn’t leave till later that afternoon, and if I remember right we could basically play in the area till around 1 PM or so.
Skip gave me a deer in the headlights look. I reminded him that it was too early to go to the airport, so where did he want to go. We thought about options, and one was DTD, but that was shopping….evidently the devil word this trip. So we asked Claire which park she wanted to go back at Universal. She said she wanted to ride Disaster again. Skip vetoed that right away. Simpsons was the next choice, so off we were to the Studios!

We arrive just around 10:30 and took a leisurely walk to the park.

enterday5.jpg

welcometouso.jpg

crowdedcitywalk.jpg

We found the majority of the people still head over to IoA first.

enteringus.jpg

adminbuilding.jpg

We made our way through the gate and headed over towards the Simpsons.
I believe this was Ricky Ricardos band out playing.

rickiesband.jpg

And there is Marilynn.

marilynn.jpg

We came across a “hot set” and saw Sponge Bob. I’m not sure what was going on, but it appeared to be some sort of show with several kids involved.

spongebob1.jpg

spongebob2.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
flags.jpg

studios.jpg

peir29.jpg

I’m guessing we stopped for a potty break.

skipwaitingonus.jpg

I hadn’t taken a picture of this near the Men in Black ride, so I got a shot as we approached the area.

mibsaucers.jpg

saucersandsimpsons.jpg

The theming around the Simpsons is just great.

youcant.jpg

Boy! Isn’t this true for a lot of those games?

funforkids.jpg

boothoftheyear.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
I think the line was about 15 or 20 minutes…not bad at all.

2012-03-30_10-54-47_665-1.jpg

2012-03-30_10-59-58_727-1.jpg

winthistv.jpg

3balls.jpg

Once again we were in the back seat and once again I could feel more motion back there. I also didn’t take any bonine, which was a big mistake. I need to remember to do this because as the day went on, the motion sickness got a little worse for me.

We still had time so we ran over to MIB. I put our bags in the locker and we got in line. It was a tad longer than the other day, but still moved fairly fast.

I swear we got the same exact car as we did the other day. My shooter seemed defective once again. I could hardly get points no matter what I did, yet Skip and Claire were having no problem at all.
When it came time to push the red button I pushed Claire’s and held it. She got the mega bonus points and was very happy to have beaten both of us.
We exited and I went and got the bags out of the locker.

2012-03-30_11-56-12_213-1.jpg

roboasis.jpg

It was time to head out now. We still had some time to kill, but not really enough to do another ride.

trolleycart1.jpg

I thought this was so cute.

trolleycart2.jpg

flags2.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
Hey! There’s Betty Boop!

Bettyboop.jpg

timetogo.jpg

We found a friend who thought he might like a ride back to Ohio.

stollaway.jpg

uglobe1.jpg

Bye Bye Universal!

goodbyeuniversal.jpg

And my try at getting artsy again….

uni.jpg
ivers.jpg
rsal.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
ilandotwer.jpg

citywalkorlando.jpg

When it comes to the day we are leaving, Skip always seems to find some extra energy.

headingout2.jpg

upssign.jpg

I had been eyeing this shirt a bit and decided I wanted it..

motherofallthingstee.jpg

I had said I should get all my kids “things” t-shirts to wear with me when I wear this shirt, but Skip said that Michael and Paige would never wear it. I agreed, but when I told them about my idea when I got home they both said they would’ve actually wore one.

redcoconut.jpg

bkbar.jpg

quietflight1.jpg

One last friendly TM.

hulahoopgirl.jpg

And back to the parking lot to find our car.

claireisreadytogo.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
We needed to get a bite to eat before heading out as well. I was not feeling the best from the motion sickness and I was very hungry. Skip knows that I turn into a monster when I get a hunger headache…yet he seems to forget it and becomes very annoying at those moments.

He hem hawed around about where to go. I just kept saying pull in anywhere. I had told him which direction to go and he went the opposite way. So we passed several options and I was getting antsy. Now time was starting to slip away and I still had no food. We pulled around to circle back and we drove by the famous Burger King that had screwed our order up last time. I told him to go there, and he said I surely wouldn’t want to go back there again….and I think my eyes might’ve turned red and I just might’ve spoken with the devils voice and said “PULL IN THERE NOW!”

Sure enough, we pull in, make our order and get to the window and they tell us to back up again because we triggered something wrong. Then they told us to just go park. Skip said, “Yeah, we know the drill”. Luckily it didn’t take as long for our food to come out this time and I did double check the order before we pulled out. Skip told the guy he hoped they won the pizza party even though it inconvenienced quests and the guy gave him a funny look, like how did he know? LOL

I pulled out ibuprofen and bonine and popped those and started to eat…Ahhhhh…feeling much better now.
But before I actually was feeling better, Skip asked how to get to the airport. I told him and once again he ignored me. He said he knew there was a faster way. Ok, then take it. So he gets on the beeline, heading towards Port Canaveral. Um, the airport isn’t this way. I looked on the map and saw where we could make a turn off and be just fine. But he panicked and then had to turn around. More time being wasted.

Finally the food was kicking in for me and he listened to me and we were on the right road in the right direction.

claireshappymeal.jpg

As we drove on, I got much nicer. Skip made a comment to Claire to remind him to get me food when I need it fast because I am much nicer once I have eaten!

I took a picture of this while we drove. It was a neat building, but kind of not near anything else.

galssbuilding.jpg

Before long we were getting close to Sanford and we stopped and filled the car up with gas.

And before we knew it, it was time to turn in.

passengerterminal.jpg

sandford.jpg

sanfordpalms.jpg

Skip dropped us off and then went to return the car. Looks like someone isn’t too happy about going home. I wasn’t either.

someonedoesntwanttogohome.jpg

The line to check in was super long. It always is at Sanford. They usually are checking in 3 flights and only 2- 3 people working the desk, so it takes a while. We kept our eyes open for my friend Jenny who had flown down the same day as us. She was supposed to be returning today too. She never showed up while we were in line. We did listen to a couple behind us with what I assume was the guys Mom. I am not sure if all 3 were flying or if the Mom was seeing them off, but the guy was super impatient, but the ladies didn’t seem to care and talked away. I listened…..how could I not?…and it sounded like the guy had a super nasty ex-wife and she was doing things to threaten the new girlfriend. Oh the things you hear while waiting in line.

We finally got checked in and up through security, which was another long line. I usually take care of Claire for the most part, and hand Skip an extra item to take through. Next thing we know, he is being pulled off to the side. He set something off. LOL! He had forgotten to tell them about his hip replacement, so they took him off to a small cubicle and did a pat down and wand. Claire had big eyes….after all I told her if you did the wrong thing, you might get strip searched. Luckily he left with all his clothes still on and got the OK.
In the mean time I am trying to be sure the line behind us isn’t held up so I am trying to grab all our stuff plus what he was in charge of. The whole shoes and belt off thing is a pain in the rear.

We headed to our gate, found a spot to sit and Claire and I went to the bathroom and I got some mini Cinnabons. MMM! Can’t go past those. Skip went and got us some drinks and soon we saw Jenny and crew come in. They were actually smart and arrived later and had no line at all for check in. But I am too much of a worry wart and would fear we would miss the plane.

Here is the last shot of the trip…not too exciting!

sandfordplanes.jpg

We sat and talked with Jenny and Ray about our week. She had gone to Universal the day we went to MK. She had thought she was going to be there the same day, but when she read her printed ticket, she found it was for Thurs. instead of Wed.

After talking of all the fun we did, and they did some really neat things too, it was time to board. We had assigned seats so we boarded early on. They didn’t and had to wait till all the assigned seat people boarded. We did see Jenny and her son board, but no Ray. She said he was being a slow poke and she wasn’t waiting, so she left him. LOL. We did see him board later though.

Time to go! Or so we thought. We waited and waited and waited, and the plane was getting stuffy. It looked like they were talking to people near the front rows. We thought maybe someone was sick. Lots of whispers between other passengers about what was going on, but no one knew for sure.
I stood up a few times to look. I was starting to get an anxiety attack. I don’t get them often anymore, but I used to get them a lot. Then I was having anxiety about the anxiety attack. I was thinking about how I could sit trapped on this plane for a couple more hours yet. I breathed through it and I did eventually push it away.
The pilot finally came on and said he had to finish paperwork before they could take off. It would just be a few more minutes. I don’t think that was true. It did look like the people in front were now OK and the flight attendants were making rounds to be sure everything was in place.
The lady in front of us had a dog and it barked a couple of times. The flight attendant got nasty with her and told her to shut the dog up. People jumped all over her then as we were waiting with no explanation of when we would leave and the dog was just voicing what we all thought. She said we would be leaving soon and turned away…and we did eventually back out, which was met with cheers.

The flight home was uneventful. I had planned to write up notes, but with my new Kindle, it wasn’t meant to be. I played games on it the whole time. I am addicted to it. I mostly played Mahjong. I am slightly obsessed with that game. Claire played with her iPod and Nintendo DSXLi. I think Skip browsed some magazines and we also snacked on some goodies I had brought along.

I think I must’ve called Mom on the plane before we took off to let her know we were going to be late, because she had just pulled into the airport as we got off the plane. We met her in baggage claim and waited for what felt like forever for the bags to start coming through.

And it was cold. Oh how I hate Ohio winters. We all wore shorts home and it definitely was not shorts weather in Ohio. No snow, but not warm either.

We got the car loaded up and made a fast food stop on the way home. I wasn’t even going to think about cooking, and Claire would have to eat something for sure before she went to bed that night.

When we got home I started to unpack a bit, mostly to find Claire’s goodies and started the laundry. Oh the joys of coming home.
Skip disappeared as soon as the bags were in the house. He can’t be away from his cows for too long, and I am sure his brother was a basket case without him there.

And that’s the end of our Universal trip.

I really enjoyed the trip a lot. I learned and experienced so many new things and now have a more open mind about going back. I really think Skip liked it better than Disney, which I was surprised. We found some new favorite rides, and it was fun to compare things to Disney. In some ways, Universal can blow Disney away, but in other areas, Disney is much better. The main thing for me is the feeling of Disney. I didn’t get that same feeling at Universal. No magic for me. But yes, I would jump at the chance to go back in a heartbeat!

Thanks for following along!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom