Trip Report You and me, we're in a club now! *COMPLETE*

Hello Everyone!

Now that we are less than a week away (and we've just finished our last trip report oops!). It's time for Our pre-trip report for our next holiday. This next ones a big one so hopefully it should be even more fun!

Who?
We are Natasha (Tasha) and Adam, we're from the East coast of the UK and we love disney world! If you have caught our last couple of trip reports you know that we love a semi relaxed approach to our holidays in disney and we like to see where the fun takes us. We both like to take it in turns writing the trip report together (so that we prolong the fun) and will refer to each other as N or A.

We are also going to be joined this trip by 13 of our nearest and dearest. We range in age from 63 to 2 years old, first timer's to seasoned disney veterans. I imagine they will all make their appearance in the trip report one way or another. Trying to plan a trip for this many people has been one headache I don't want to repeat for some time.

Where?
This visit we are lucky enough to be staying on property for 2 weeks! We are initially spending 4 nights just the two of us at POFQ and then we are joining my family at OKW resort for the rest of the trip. Everyone else is staying at a mix of coronado springs, wilderness lodge, all star sports and the hilton at disney springs.

When?
September 7th-September 21st. There will be 15 of us for the first week and then 7 of us for the second week.

Why?
This is the big one. We are getting Married!!! We initially were supposed to be married this May but unfortunately due to a vendor bankruptcy we had to scrap our plans a week before xmas. After that there was much panic and scrambling to get together a plan B. We had already booked our holiday for this September so decided why not get married at the happiest place on earth?? It was a big change going from a wedding of 120+ people down to just 15 people but we are lucky that everyone has been very supportive with our wishes.

What are our plans?
We have been steadily planning through the year with Disney Fairy Tail Wedding's for the big day on September the 9th. We will have a couple of days to get our body clocks aligned before the big day. The details of the day we'll keep quiet for now as I don't want any family members accidentally catching on as we have a few surprises in store for them all 😜. The rest of our time we are planning to show the first timers the joy of disney, hopefully catch some time at galaxys edge, make the most of all the extra magic hours. We have park shoots planned at both MK and epcot in our wedding attire. My parents are DVC members and we were lucky to get tickets for the moonlight magic in the second week of the stay. We are annual pass holders to both disney and universal right now so we will also be heading to the dark side with the hopes of catching a ride on Hagrid's motorbike adventure. We are big lovers of halloween and cant wait to experience this years HHN. As it is the first part of our honeymoon adventure we have treated ourselves to the rush of fear pass with express. This means hopefully we should get to experience all the houses several times!

We cant wait to share the upcoming adventure with you all!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
I am very excited for this. I will be there at the end of your trip. Keep an eye out for me and I will do the same. We can share some nuggs😂

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Ok... so... sorry we're a little (and by that we mean a lot) delayed in getting round to our trip report...

The Disney blues / wedding blues hit us hard after getting back! Whats worse than disney blues... post disney wedding Blues!!

Then life got hectic!! N had almost a month off work after hurting herself whilst on holiday and then got the flu just to sweeten the deal. More on the injury later.

We had our after wedding party to plan for the guests who didn't make the wedding. This was SOO much more stressful than our entire Disney wedding plannig.

I didnt realise it, but N was hard at work behind the scenes and surprised me with a trip to New Orleans for my 30th to see the Saints play:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: It was AMAZING.

I had a job scare amongst all this, my company was letting a lot of people go but i was one of the lucky few who got to stay behind... I'm a few weeks in and even though its the same job my role has changed and there's a lot of new things to get used to.

So yeah... weve been busy... and the thought of checking out WDW magic and reading all of your amazing reports and being part of this lovely community has been more than a little bit painful because we have decided we will be taking at least a years break from the world 😭😭😭

If you've managed to read this whole post and you still want to join us for one of the best holidays weve ever had, feel free to follow along 😜

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 1: September 07th

We stayed at the Clayton the night before our flight. We woke at 5 AM and got ourselves showered and ready!

We headed down to reception to wait for our hotel transfer minibus and saw N's side of the family waving to us from the window of their room. They were just a tad excited!

Not to mention the bride to be as well...

20190907_062043.jpg

She wasn't trying to advertise the fact she was getting married at all...

Unfortunately we hit our first snag of travelling with a large group, N's Niece managed to leave her jumper in the hotel room and remembered this during the transfer! :eek: So N's sister had to get the ride all the way back to the hotel to pick it up for her!

We unfortunately had to press on as I had the great honor of being selected for additional screening prior to check in... yay.

No issues at check-in apparently, the additional pat down was due to come later haha!

We had breakfast at Frankie and Benny's which we normally do, N went for the Eggs Benedict and I went for the Eggs Royale. They were both very yummy!

20190907_075716.jpg

This one only gives me a very small window to get a snap before she starts digging in!

20190907_075721.jpg

and my Eggs Royale!

Our flight was good, but just felt longer than 9 hours. I don't know if its the fact you know whats waiting for you on the other side or what, but the flight there always seems to take soooo long! N's nieces kept reminding us of this during the flight of course. Especially after we touched down and the youngest one burst into tears when she realized she had to wait until they opened the doors. I know how you feel kid! :arghh:

My brothers youngest couldn't give a hoot however...
20190907_121855.jpg

Enjoy that legroom whilst it lasts...

Further note, if your screen breaks during the flight with Virgin Atlantic they just give you an Ipad! Which is actually more responsive to touch than the screen in the back of the headrests!

Now, i'm not sure about you guys, but waiting for luggage at Orlando airport always takes a lot longer than I feel it should. However, today was a new world record! We waited AN HOUR AND HALF for our luggage. This was beyond ridiculous every time the carousel moved, just two or three bags came out at a time. Everyone was fuming. And two more flights laded and recieved luggage during our wait.

After this we collected our car from Alamo, we decided to forego the recommendation of queuing up to tell the people at the desk we were getting married in hopes of a free upgrade, our patience waiting for the luggage had already worn thin. (Unfortunately this would turn out to haunt us later...)

The rest of our family got the magical express to their various resorts. N's family were staying at Wilderness lodge for two days, My family at Coronado, N's bridesmaids at All star sports and my usher at the Hilton Disney springs. (So we had cast ourselves far and wide!)

Port Orleans french quarter was our resort for the first 4 days. Oh. My. Goodness. It is BEAUTIFUL!
20190907_164645.jpg

We will review our hotels at the end of the report. But Port Orleans is amazing and provides a relaxed atmosphere for couples and families alike.

Also... Beignets?? Omnomnom!!

We checked in and got our 'Give us attention badges!!'
20190907_164730.jpg

😍

After the flight and getting to the hotel a huge dehydration headache had knocked me for 6. So we chilled in the room after i took some paracetamol (Acetaminophen). After around half an hour i was feeling much perkier and we decided getting something to eat would be the best idea!

On our way to the Sassagoula Floatworks we couldn't help but get some pictures of the beautiful scenery around the hotel.
20190907_174802.jpg

20190907_174851.jpg

20190907_175022.jpg

20190907_192956.jpg

To be continued....

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 1: September 07th - Continued

Once we got to the floatworks i was eager to try their southern food selections on offer. They all sounded yummy!

Eventually we both opted for the the Jambalya with a cup of clam Chowder. They both came with huge chunks of cornbread as well! Something we've never tried before. It tasted to us like eating cake with our meal but maybe thats just disney cornbread?! It was filling and delicious either way and just what we needed after our long flight!
20190907_180203.jpg

20190907_180409.jpg

After this we decided to head to the pool immediately! We know every parent in the world tells you to wait an hour before you start swimming after eating but we're adults now and we can do what we want!

The pool was so nice and refreshing and not all that busy. The area seems to have a good splash zone for the kids. To be honest i'm very jealous they don't do these for adults as well.

We then headed back to the room (Getting more photos on the way) and grabbed some of my items for the wedding day and delivered them to my mum and dads resort ready for the wedding day as i was going to be staying with them the night before.

20190907_193301.jpg

More shots of Port Orleans!
20190907_193522.jpg

After dropping off the wedding bits we drove back to our hotel and dived into bed excited for the following day 🤩(About 10.30pm)

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Ok... so... sorry we're a little (and by that we mean a lot) delayed in getting round to our trip report...

The Disney blues / wedding blues hit us hard after getting back! Whats worse than disney blues... post disney wedding Blues!!

Then life got hectic!! N had almost a month off work after hurting herself whilst on holiday and then got the flu just to sweeten the deal. More on the injury later.

We had our after wedding party to plan for the guests who didn't make the wedding. This was SOO much more stressful than our entire Disney wedding plannig.

I didnt realise it, but N was hard at work behind the scenes and surprised me with a trip to New Orleans for my 30th to see the Saints play:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: It was AMAZING.

I had a job scare amongst all this, my company was letting a lot of people go but i was one of the lucky few who got to stay behind... I'm a few weeks in and even though its the same job my role has changed and there's a lot of new things to get used to.

So yeah... weve been busy... and the thought of checking out WDW magic and reading all of your amazing reports and being part of this lovely community has been more than a little bit painful because we have decided we will be taking at least a years break from the world 😭😭😭

If you've managed to read this whole post and you still want to join us for one of the best holidays weve ever had, feel free to follow along 😜
I have been so worried about you two!!!
Just yesterday I was thinking about you.
Maybe it is the mom in me but I was thinking the worst. ✈️🔥
So glad you are safe. Welcome back😘

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 2 September 8th

We woke at 04:30am... We were just too excited!!!

We tried to force ourselves back to sleep but eventually gave up at about 05:30am and just got up and got showered.

Before coming to Disney, we thought we would embrace the family holiday vibes and get group t-shirts done! We see families doing this all the time at Disney so thought why not? Here's mine...
20190908_064232.jpg

and a shot from the back...
20190908_064242.jpg

The woman who provided these did an especially good job we thought! N also managed to make a slight error on the order which meant she had 5 days to get another printed and posted before we jetted off! It all worked out in the end!

I had my customary additional check... I guess i just have a dodgy looking face??
1579465772956.png

I also forgot which finger was my 'Scanning' finger!

We arrived at MK at about 07:00am just as the sun had risen and got a nice little snap of us down mainstreet USA

20190908_071236.jpg

Happy to be in our happy place!

We headed straight to Space Mountain for our first ride of the day whilst we were waiting for our family to join us! It said it was a 10 minute wait but it was more like five especially when we heard that wonderful, amazing phrase... 'PARTY OF TWO??'

Flying into marriage like...
1579466041049.png

After space mountain we waited outside and met up with N's family and all headed to Buzz lightyear!

Also, whilst we were waiting outside we got congratulated by SO MANY PEOPLE! everyone was so nice and excited that we were getting married tomorrow!

Once we got to Buzz Lightyear N's niece wanted to go on the rides with her. (We're the cool auntie and uncle) I got to look after my new mother-in-law to be Jo. I showed no mercy on the scoreboard however...

1579466477402.png

Winner Winner! 😂

N's niece Amelia was unfortunately unaware where the cameras were...
1579466579302.png

After Buzz Lightyear we briefly met up with N's Bridesmaids Katie and Lou. They were heading to Haunted Mansion and we were planning on getting some breakfast and doing Pirates. We just grabbed ourselves a breakfast coissant to keep us going however it was surprisingly filling! We will add it to our lilst of park breakfast foods as I feel like good breakfasts are hard to find in the parks sometimes.

We saw the wait time was low for Thunder Mountain so had a quick go on that as well.

We met up with my side of the family and managed to convince my mum Jacqui to get on (Who is a nervy first time rider)

We pretty much took up the entire boat! Even got a good ole' silly face!
1579467005415.png

at this point it may be a good idea to give you names to go with the faces as I don't know about you guys but were already confused!! We will also move to describing ourselves with our names as again... its just too confusing not to!!!

Row 1:
Steph- Tashas sister
Ruby- Tashas neice
Alan- Tashas dad

Row 2:
Jo- Tashas mum
Ameilia- Tashas neice
Jacqui- Adams's (my) mum
Martin- Adam's dad

Row 3:
Lou- Tasha bestfriend
Katie- Tasha bestfriend
Tasha
Me! (Adam)

Row 4:
Kayeigh- Adam's sister in law
Mark- Adam's Brother
Elijah- Adams hidden nephew
Schoey- Adam's best friend

If you don't remember who anyone is don't worry. this is more to make our own lives easier describing things to you all!

After this we had a FP for splash Mountain so we headed straight there, Kaylegh decided to stay with their Elijah and Schoey waited this one out at as they did not feel ready for it. But to our absolute astonishment my mum said she was going to 'give it a try' I sat next to her for moral support and she actually really enjoyed herself.

Amelia (2nd row) said she enjoyed it... but after looking at the photo we were... not exactly convinced...

1579467349957.png

Now, i love memes, and i love it even more so when i see the opportunity to make one. So this one got passed around the group chat we had quite a bit...

1579467554361.png

Yes. I know i'm cruel... But don't you dare say you looked at this and didn't laugh! 😂

The other log flume had the rest of the group on... TO be continued... We've hit our photo limit!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
I have been so worried about you two!!!
Just yesterday I was thinking about you.
Maybe it is the mom in me but I was thinking the worst. ✈🔥
So glad you are safe. Welcome back😘

You are just the sweetest! We're sorry we have been generally rubbish human beings and not messaging! I've been meaning to message you so many times to say thank you for the lovely gift but life just happens to keep getting in the way. So I hope you can forgive us for generally being terrible lol!

We love our little elephant and we use him regularly!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 2 September 8th - Continued

Next up was the rest of the group who generally all had a good time! That is, apart from my brother (At the front row, white-knuckling it)

1579468872128.png

After this my side of the family needed to grab some food so they headed to the food stalls near pecos bills and grabbed a croissant as well.

We headed to adventure-land, everyone went on Aladdin a part from me, i'm not a fan of going round in circles repeatedly! Then we all headed to our FP at Jungle cruise! Much to our surprise it was only a 10 minute wait so we just got on in Standby!

It's always so much more fun when you take someone new on a ride with you, i always enjoy the 'dad jokes' on Jungle cruise, but what i enjoyed more was my mum and dads reaction to them. They usually enjoy quiet holidays to cottages with their dog and i was very concerned this would not be their cup of tea, but they both said how much they enjoyed it and wish they could have stayed longer!

After jungle cruise we decided we needed to get some group photos in front of the castle. Oh my days... we could not have picked a more perfect time to get photos. It was during a show at the castle and... well... the photographer got this beauty of us all!

1579469447733.png

1579469527688.png

Like...? I have no words! 😍
This photo has already been printed several times and is hung up in our in laws houses haha!

After the fireworks had settled she even got some cheesy wedding ones as well...

1579469625860.png

We then headed to 7 Dwarfs mine train for our FP and had a bit of fun on there as well! I donated my FP to my dad as he had decided to ignore our requests to decide which rides he wanted to do when we arranged the FP's and said he wanted to do the same as the kids. It was only about a week of so before our departure date that he started researching the rides and decided that he wanted to do 7DMT... as a first timer he had no clue that the ship had well sailed for him to get the 'good' FP's so I decided I would be kind and let him go on since we have had many more opportunities to ride over the next 2 weeks.

We had an early dinner reservation at T rex for about 4:30 PM so we decided to head back to the hotel room and freshen up.

I planned on just driving there but then Tasha reminded me we could get the boat from POFQ direct to Disney springs!
20190908_160316.jpg

So we did that instead!

We enjoyed the nice views on the way there as well!
20190908_161246.jpg

20190908_162738.jpg

When we got to T-Rex there was some confusion/drama over our party size. Apparently they were not going to be able to seat us all together (This is the reason why we booked in the first place). After a bit of gentle persuasion from our side they decided to push two tables together. I'm not sure why this was an issue, but at least we got it sorted! The meal was lovely! Seeing my family react to being cast into darkness for the first time thinking there was some kind of power outage was hilarious.
20190908_180412.jpg

I got the jungle trio, which was lovely! I didn't get a picture of Tasha's as she was sat too far away from me! haha!

After this we all went our seperate ways. Ill start with what I did and follow up with Tasha later.

I had decided to treat myself to a shave at 'the art of shaving' (You may have noticed my beard was looking rather scruffy in the previous pictures, i was saving myself for this!). Mark and schoey stayed with me initially, however, daddy duties soon called Mark away and Myself and schoey enjoyed a bit of disney springs.

Their barbershop is amazing, it has that old fashioned vibe to it...
20190908_192311.jpg

To be continued...

Piglet_the_brave

Day 1: September 07th - Continued

Once we got to the floatworks i was eager to try their southern food selections on offer. They all sounded yummy!

Eventually we both opted for the the Jambalya with a cup of clam Chowder. They both came with huge chunks of cornbread as well! Something we've never tried before. It tasted to us like eating cake with our meal but maybe thats just disney cornbread?! It was filling and delicious either way and just what we needed after our long flight!
View attachment 442315
View attachment 442316

After this we decided to head to the pool immediately! We know every parent in the world tells you to wait an hour before you start swimming after eating but we're adults now and we can do what we want!

The pool was so nice and refreshing and not all that busy. The area seems to have a good splash zone for the kids. To be honest i'm very jealous they don't do these for adults as well.

We then headed back to the room (Getting more photos on the way) and grabbed some of my items for the wedding day and delivered them to my mum and dads resort ready for the wedding day as i was going to be staying with them the night before.

View attachment 442317
More shots of Port Orleans!
View attachment 442318

After dropping off the wedding bits we drove back to our hotel and dived into bed excited for the following day 🤩(About 10.30pm)
Fellow UK member following along. Love POFQ (and Riverside) stayed there for the first time on our honeymoon 20 years ago. It was the first time on property and we were hooked.

I get the slight weirdness with the cornbread. It feels a bit wrong having cake, but so yummy. I find the jalapeño cornbread to have less guilt factor because it’s no so sweet

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 2 September 8th - Continued

Benny was my barber, i went for the 'Premium Shave' seeing as though i was getting married and all...

It. Was. Amazing.

Not only did Benny do my beard but he also went did my hairline as well and neatened it all up! He gave me a closer shave than i've ever had before but because he shaved it so neatly it looked amazing! Here's my before, during and afters..

Before:
20190908_192419.jpg

A tad... unkempt...

During:
1579472084831.png

I spent a lot of time like this, i felt awful for not making conversation, but when your face is being mummified it really is difficult 😂

After:

20190908_214156.jpg

I have been shaving wrong my entire life!! Look how neat it is!!

Me and Schoey then mooched around Disney Springs, Schoey was very happy with the range of Star Wars Merch on offer.
1579472380567.png

Like a kid in a candy store!!

I then pawed over all the NBA jerseys and decided to grab the bus to Coronado springs to prepare for the next day!

MEANWHILE...

Tash here! I thought I'd continue since this part of the trip follows my activites!

After T-rex I headed back to POFQ with Katie, Lou (who were spending the night with me) and Jacqui as we were all going to nip to wal-mart for last minute pre wedding supplies i.e. snacks and drinks. the sunset was just amazing as we took the boat. It's one of the main reasons i love the disney springs area resorts.
82554266_182166319545077_8776521947161821184_n.jpg

82610925_184808599383455_6425596487308148736_n.jpg

Me and the future mother in law... and the stink eyes from everyone else on the boat... I don't know what we did to deserve those looks!

I was really starting to feel quite peaceful when I got a photo sent to me via the family group chat....

82433779_156415045788082_400023920985505792_n.jpg

My mum had barely had anything to drink all day and followed it up with a couple of cocktails with our meal. A very bad idea considering how hot it was. Apparently they had gotten to the bus stop at disney springs, she felt funny and almost fainted!

Luckily the lovely staff manning the bus stops rushed to the rescue. they called over first aiders to check mum over and got her a glass of water and fan etc. They also called over a private car to take mum back to her hotel free of charge. Anything to avoid disney transport eh?!

After initially being quite worried for her I gave her a stern warning that she had to keep hydrated and doing this on the wedding day was strictly forbidden!!! I mean I had to have at least one bridezilla moment 😉

Once reaching the hotel we headed out in the hire car to the new (for us) Walmart off the 192. many snacks were bought and katie and lou loved the disney range in the shop. a few souvenirs were bought (which you will see shortly).

83170278_763239654174795_7588023209807577088_n.jpg

Trolley full we dropped jacqui off at CS and headed back to POFQ.

I've been best friends with Katie and Lou for almost 20 years so it was the best feeling ever being with my best friends in the happiest place on earth before my wedding day!

first things first. Katie and Lou had to try on their wal mart bargains!
82468492_172345117460528_3825048881125654528_n.jpg

not so handy in sunny florida but much welcome back at home.

the rest of the evening was fairly short as we were all so tired from the busy day. We got an early night as I really needed that beauty sleep for tomorrow.

tomorrow was the wedding day!!!!!!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Fellow UK member following along. Love POFQ (and Riverside) stayed there for the first time on our honeymoon 20 years ago. It was the first time on property and we were hooked.

I get the slight weirdness with the cornbread. It feels a bit wrong having cake, but so yummy. I find the jalapeño cornbread to have less guilt factor because it’s no so sweet
Always nice to see a fellow Brit in the forums! We’re been a lot of times but mainly DVC so it’s nice to get a feeling for the other resorts on property. We will definitely stay at port Orleans again and maybe try out riverside!

we will have to try the jalapeño corn bread. It sounds lovely 🤤

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom