Trip Report You and me, we're in a club now! *COMPLETE*

Hello Everyone!

Now that we are less than a week away (and we've just finished our last trip report oops!). It's time for Our pre-trip report for our next holiday. This next ones a big one so hopefully it should be even more fun!

Who?
We are Natasha (Tasha) and Adam, we're from the East coast of the UK and we love disney world! If you have caught our last couple of trip reports you know that we love a semi relaxed approach to our holidays in disney and we like to see where the fun takes us. We both like to take it in turns writing the trip report together (so that we prolong the fun) and will refer to each other as N or A.

We are also going to be joined this trip by 13 of our nearest and dearest. We range in age from 63 to 2 years old, first timer's to seasoned disney veterans. I imagine they will all make their appearance in the trip report one way or another. Trying to plan a trip for this many people has been one headache I don't want to repeat for some time.

Where?
This visit we are lucky enough to be staying on property for 2 weeks! We are initially spending 4 nights just the two of us at POFQ and then we are joining my family at OKW resort for the rest of the trip. Everyone else is staying at a mix of coronado springs, wilderness lodge, all star sports and the hilton at disney springs.

When?
September 7th-September 21st. There will be 15 of us for the first week and then 7 of us for the second week.

Why?
This is the big one. We are getting Married!!! We initially were supposed to be married this May but unfortunately due to a vendor bankruptcy we had to scrap our plans a week before xmas. After that there was much panic and scrambling to get together a plan B. We had already booked our holiday for this September so decided why not get married at the happiest place on earth?? It was a big change going from a wedding of 120+ people down to just 15 people but we are lucky that everyone has been very supportive with our wishes.

What are our plans?
We have been steadily planning through the year with Disney Fairy Tail Wedding's for the big day on September the 9th. We will have a couple of days to get our body clocks aligned before the big day. The details of the day we'll keep quiet for now as I don't want any family members accidentally catching on as we have a few surprises in store for them all 😜. The rest of our time we are planning to show the first timers the joy of disney, hopefully catch some time at galaxys edge, make the most of all the extra magic hours. We have park shoots planned at both MK and epcot in our wedding attire. My parents are DVC members and we were lucky to get tickets for the moonlight magic in the second week of the stay. We are annual pass holders to both disney and universal right now so we will also be heading to the dark side with the hopes of catching a ride on Hagrid's motorbike adventure. We are big lovers of halloween and cant wait to experience this years HHN. As it is the first part of our honeymoon adventure we have treated ourselves to the rush of fear pass with express. This means hopefully we should get to experience all the houses several times!

We cant wait to share the upcoming adventure with you all!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
I didn't know they did photo shoots when the park was closed, and that they played music all night? Wow....

Yeah i'm not sure if they played it all night long? But they certainly were at 5/6 in the morning! Yeah the photoshoots are amazing, they don't do just weddings ones either, we saw that some people did anniversary or even family shoots! It's with Disney fine art photography :)

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Beautiful pictures!
I'm with @Darstarr. Wow! Just Wow. You are a beautiful couple.
What wonderful photos.🎉🎉
I don't even have words for how gorgeous all of your photos have been! Absolutely STUNNING.
Your photos are nothing short of amazing!! Can't wait to see the rest!!
I LOVE the pictures on and around the Carousel. Beautiful!
Absolutely gorgeous photos! You'll treasure those and the memories for a very long time!
Absolutely beautiful!!! You look like a princess!!!

Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments!! It certainly has put a smile back on our face since being back in the cold and rainy UK!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
September 12th September - Day 6

We were now headed for Epcot!

But before we leave, have you ever seen MK so empty?? (This was taken after all the workers had to vacate the park)

20190912_064014.jpg

They were shooting some kind of promo video where the really bright light is in the center of the video but we didn't want to get int he way of that.

Bye for now MK!
20190912_064842.jpg

Our trip to Epcot wasn't entirely uneventful either! As we were driving down the road and stopped at the traffic lights someone 'gently' rear ended us! It was actually so gentle i didn't notice someone had gone into the back of us until Dean actually said, 'did that guy just hit us?'

No damage so we headed on, we had a schedule to keep too people!!

20190912_072158.jpg

We had arrived in Epcot! It was a lot cooler here! Even though the sun was coming out.

We got to choose between 2 locations and a 3rd if we had time, we have always liked the aesthetic of Morocco. So we headed there for our first shoot! Canada would have been our first choice but construction was ongoing 😭

PH658960919 - 0594.jpg

This is a quick one Stephanie got of us in the bathhouse bit i think it's called? We were supposed to sit next to the fountain but we would have got a bit damp if we did!

Then it was time for more posing as Stephanie began taking photos from further and further away!
PH658960919 - 0599.jpg

Our close up...

PH658960919 - 0602.jpg

Getting a little further away...

PH658960919 - 0604.jpg

And even further away! I think long distance is my good angle. 😂

Now off to the Market place!
PH658960919 - 0607.jpg

Then a few with Tasha by herself
PH658960919 - 0617.jpg

PH658960919 - 0623.jpg

Photo limit reached! More wedding spam on it's way soon!!

Tashifer90

Original Poster

A few more shots taken by the door right at the back of Morocco.

PH658960919 - 0625.jpg

PH658960919 - 0629.jpg

Then some by the entrance of Morocco

PH658960919 - 0633.jpg

PH658960919 - 0634.jpg

Sidenote: Dean had to constantly tell me what to do with my hands in the photoshoot. I was like Ricky Bobby in Talladega nights

Then we decided to pop on over to Japan!

PH658960919 - 0637.jpg

PH658960919 - 0642.jpg

PH658960919 - 0647.jpg

There was a guy feeding the Koy in the pond just right of this shot as well!

Then it was on to the bridge!
PH658960919 - 0652.jpg

PH658960919 - 0656.jpg

Fun Fact: This was the photo was in the body of the e-mail when Disney Fine art photography told us our photos were ready! We got the email whilst we were both at work and saw this one picture and was like... I WANT TO SEE THEM ALL NOW!!

But we waited, till the end of the day. Dean told us after our photoshoot, head home, don't look at any of them, open a bottle of wine and relax and watch and that's exactly what we did and i think we watched the slideshow about 3 times in total whilst working our way through a bottle... or two... We had a great night! Even though those, last 4 hours at work felt like a year.

PH658960919 - 0665.jpg

Now onto Italy!!

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster

Italy!... But first we got a photo with spaceship earth in the background.

PH658960919 - 0671.jpg

PH658960919 - 0674.jpg

A usual sight here... Me dragging Tasha into a gift shop.

PH658960919 - 0678.jpg

PH658960919 - 0679.jpg

Then some more solo shots of the blushing (although getting somewhat tired) bride

PH658960919 - 0686.jpg

PH658960919 - 0692.jpg

Then it was time for Mr. GQ to step in...
PH658960919 - 0695.jpg

PH658960919 - 0698.jpg

Then our last photos by the fountain!
PH658960919 - 0699.jpg

PH658960919 - 0704.jpg

So looking back on the photos... i'm not super annoyed we forgot the balloons i guess... 😂😒

Tashifer90

Original Poster

Forgot to post this selfie in Japan too! Could be our new profile photo maybe?

20190912_080058.jpg

We left the park and got driven back to our hotel by Dean and Stephanie.

We got back to the hotel around 9am. So it had already been a pretty long day for us considering we had already been up since half 2!

I also found out that there had been much discussion about my speech on the wedding scene! When we were all chatting outside the hotel the topic turned to my speech and Dean said, 'Oh wait? Your the pun guy?!' Stephanie even said she wanted a copy of my speech so she could steal some ideas for her sisters wedding 😂 I like to think that they all still talk about it now. Lindsay even said after the wedding she had never seen anyone do a speech like that before. Tasha insists this was not a compliment but i'm 99% certain it was. 😅

We got a quick selfie with our amazing photography team.
71761869_2604028849658606_7431770912304660480_n.jpg

We trudged back into the hotel room ate some wedding cake and then slept till 12! (Everyone took turns eating the cake during our entire holiday and we still had some left over before we went home)

We freshened ourselves up and headed to the vineland mall, my current sketchers had a hole in and were absolutely destroying my feet so I desperately needed new ones.

But of course it would be rude not to stop at Charleys and get an AMAZING philly cheesesteak. (We don't have Charleys in the UK, and i don't like to over exaggerate but it is an absolute crime against humanity that we don't) We have Tacobell, we have subway... we just need to get more of your food over here!!
20190912_143329.jpg

20190912_143331.jpg

Hello beautiful! 😍

Tasha got orange chicken from a chinese in the food courts.

I ended up buying a new saints cap from Lids and whilst i was getting sketchers Tasha saw they had a sale on Mickey Ears at the character warehouse. All Mickey ears were 4.99 or less, Tasha managed to get one pair for 1.99 i think?

But they were queuing out the door and it was bedlam inside.
9488E11F-9FCB-451C-BEA6-D61E17DB6746.jpg

I actually bumped into my family whilst we were walking around which was cool! My brother was super annoyed that he couldn't find a cheap Bears jersey. As a saints fan in Florida i could appreciate his frustration. My dad was stocking up on his golfing gear and my mum had bought a bunch of sketchers too!

After Tasha got out of the character warehouse, we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the evening (Yes we had been shopping that long) Tasha ended up taking requests from people to buy all the mickey ears she could. I think she ended up walking out with about 9 or 10 pairs!

Spotted this when we got back to Old Key West though! I love cornholing! It's not a popular game back home but i'v always enjoyed it. I kept a mental note for later to come back and play!
20190912_165851(0).jpg

Time to get ready! We were going to head to Millers for TNF!!! 🏈

Tashifer90

Original Poster

Me and Tasha were first to arrive at Millers, they were still getting our table ready so we got a pitcher of Electric Blue long Island Ice Tea to share! It's Smirnoff Vodka, Sauza Blue Tequila, Myer's Platinum, Gin, Blue Curocoo, Sour Mix and Sierra Mist. Yummy!
1583104386380.png

We all started with some Nachos
20190912_191003.jpg

20190912_193637.jpg

I had the best view... 3 screens!! Oh and the wife as well... 😂

Then it was time for mains! My dad was very pleased with the portion sizes!
20190912_194042.jpg

He had the Pork Osso Buco which was a giant marinated lamb shank! He couldn't finish it and let me very clear on this... My dad ALWAYS cleans his plate. :eek:

I went for the fish tacos, which of course.... was amazing.
20190912_194135.jpg

It was the Mahi Taco Trio and it was Pan seared Mahi Mahi, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, shredded cabbage, pico de gallo, garlic-lime crema, grilled flour tortillas, rice and black beans. Mmmmmm!!

Tasha had the Flat Iron steak with boom boom shrimp. The shrimp was amazing as well!
20190912_194148.jpg

20190912_194153.jpg

I was definitely in my element!

Especially when this beauty came out!
20190912_201055.jpg

Captain Jack's buried Treasure! Triple layered vanilla ice cream cake, Oreo® cookie crust, Heath Bar® crunch crumble, caramel and hot fudge sauce. Another thing we are to go without in the UK... 😭

IMG_4017.JPEG

The mother in and law and bride being photobombed by the flower girl!

Unfortunately everyone was a little tired and didn't stay long after food to watch the game so we all decided to head back, me and Tasha gave schoey a lift back too his hotel with a brief stop off at walgreens for essentials. He was heading home tomorrow. He didn't have enough holidays to stay there for a week and literally came out just for our wedding. What. A. Hero.

After that we went back to the hotel collapsed into bed at 11pm and i think i fell asleep straight away! Even i couldn't stay awake for the football!

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
So first I should say (again) that the photos of you two are amazing!

But second: Taco Bell has made it to England?!?! This is exciting news, because it means it might eventually make it here 😉

Tashifer90

Original Poster
So first I should say (again) that the photos of you two are amazing!

But second: Taco Bell has made it to England?!?! This is exciting news, because it means it might eventually make it here 😉

Haha! I'm so glad you like them!

Oh yeah, we go there all the time! we're just keeping fingers crossed that some of the others make it across the pond as well! :D

Spash007

All the pictures are awesome - to the point that I was informed I should be planning a 10th anniversary trip/vow renewal at Disney :p

As for the speech - definitely a compliment!

rshell68

I didnt realise it, but N was hard at work behind the scenes and surprised me with a trip to New Orleans for my 30th to see the Saints play:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: It was AMAZING.
Love me some Sean Payton!! Go Saints!

And congratulations!! Your pictures are STUNNING. I've been reading (and crying) at my desk at work most of the afternoon

Last edited:

sheriffwoody

Loving this report!! All of your wedding photos are absolutely beautiful. I would have a hard time deciding which ones to frame in my home!!

Also, I'm gonna need you to post that speech :hilarious:

Tashifer90

Original Poster
All the pictures are awesome - to the point that I was informed I should be planning a 10th anniversary trip/vow renewal at Disney :p

As for the speech - definitely a compliment!

haha! I'm glad you think so! Yes i think we would definitely like a vow renewal if we could afford it lol!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom