Yet another WDW college prog question

WDWSwashbuckler

Original Poster
yeah, i was just wondering if you have to be taking certain kinds of classes to be accepted into the program. What I mean is, next year I'll be taking classes for Political Science. My major goal is to go to law school after that. Would they not accept me simply because i'm not looking to going into food service or transportation?

Monorail Lime

hahahahaha

hahahahahahahaha

The WDW College Program exists so they can hire cheap temporary help. If you can interview well and are sociable enough to be a cast member you'll get in.

There are special internships and stuff that involve specific fields but you do those AFTER your first WDW CP stint.

TURKEY

Yes, it is cheap labor, but it's a lot of fun and it's not going to hurt having Disney on a resume. It may not open doors, but it sure won't close them (unless you do a bad job) if you want to work for Disney in the future.

The CP doesn't require or exclude certain majors. Advanced internships do require certain majors, but not all advanced internships are CP alumni required.

Monorail Lime

I wasn't trying to say the CP is a bad thing... I think it was one of the best things I ever did!

I'm just saying the requirements aren't very high. I don't think my major or GPA came up once during my interview. They treat it just like any CM interview so your past social accomplishments will be far more important than what you are studying.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by DAKTOLCMM
not all AI's are Cp alumnis only. Check the wdwcollegeprogram.com website....

that's true, but I couldn't put much faith into that site... especially with how out of date it is

orangefan15

Originally posted by Monorail Lime
hahahahaha

hahahahahahahaha

The WDW College Program exists so they can hire cheap temporary help. If you can interview well and are sociable enough to be a cast member you'll get in.

There are special internships and stuff that involve specific fields but you do those AFTER your first WDW CP stint.

I wouldn't lead people to believe that you'll get in just because you're sociable and interview well (unless something has changed recently). When I was in college, somewhere in the neighborhood of 350 people interviewed at my school for the program and at the presentation they admitted that they would only hire somewhere around 5 people from my school. Thus, being socialable and interviewing well does not in any way, shape or form GUARANTEE you you'll get in.

wahooskipper

I agree with OrangeFan. They interviewed about 250 kids from my college and only hired 3 of us for the Fall term. Of course, most of the kids wanted summer.

I got lucky b/c the person who interviewed me used to work the same place I did so we had something in common.

By the way, do me a favor and beat Miami!!!

Go Buckeyes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom