Yet another proposal thread (but it's not what you think!)

robynchic

My 94-year-old grandmother is very ill :)( ), and my dad visits her every morning and evening before he goes to work and right after he leaves (where she's staying is close to his office). He was talking to someone that works there, and the topic of DVC came up, because she's also a member. Turns out that they're going to be making a big family trip soon, and her daughter's boyfriend is going to pop the question while they're there. (Note- my dad told me where he's going to do it, but I'm not going to say, in case she lurks here!)

This woman that works where my grandmother is has been doing a lot for our family in the past two days (Grandma was moved there yesterday), and my mom and dad asked me if there are any magical moments I could help coordinate or if there's anything special that could be done.

I told Dad that they can tell the woman to tell the front desk the morning of the proposal about it, and that when they get back to their room after a day in the parks, that they would likely find the buttons there, and possibly a pair of bride and groom ears. But Dad asked if there was more that could be done.

So to the people who've had those special things in their room when they got back after a proposal, what kinds of stuff was there?

My dad and she are exchanging numbers (in a sense)- she's getting mine, I'm getting hers (I'll be down when they're on their trip), so if there's a chance that we can meet up, it'll be cool.

I'm kind of thinking that one thing that could be done is that I could bring my digital camera with me and hang out around where they would be (like a private detective...mwa ha ha!) during the Big Question, and take a few pictures as he proposes.

Other than that, is there anything that I, as a CM, may be able to do for this special occasion?

crazygirley

My fiance didn't know to plan to have anything in the room upon our returing, so we didn't have anything. :( But still, I can't complain... I had my dream proposal.

Back to the proposal you are planning... if he wants to do ANYTHING, a CM can arrange it, as far as him bringing something to have put in the room. My parents did this once on my birthday. I am sure they would be more than happy to assist with a proposal.

If I COULD have had something in the room, I would have wanted my fiance to buy some flowers beforehand and have flower petals on the beds and a bottle of champagne, but that's me. But from a firsthand point of view, it is what I would have wanted.

Also, where are they staying? If at a value resort, it would be really neat to have a strand of white christmas lights strung from the window to welcome you back.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I think if you could be there when he pops the question with a camera that will be priceless. Having actual photos of the moment is rare. I have it because my friends hid on the beach and took photos.

If you could take a photo and have it developed and sent to their room that would truly be magical.

Upvote 0

robynchic

Original Poster
Because of the time that he's doing it, I won't be able to have it developed and sent to their room. I'm lucky enough that he'll be doing it in the park, where he doesn't have to wait in lines or in a restaurant.

Upvote 0
i did not propose in disney (i dont know whyi didnt, im stupid) but when me and my fiance went down on our first night there we went out to a nice dinner and then when we got back to the room i had the video camera rolling and let her open the door and go in first. it took her a few moments to realize it but i had a Cast Member lay rose pedals all over the bed. It was a very nice moment. Just an idea for you!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom