Yet another cutback?!? MK Entertainment

BrerJon

I thought we knew about this? Also, how do you know they won't be replaced?

Thing is what are you going to replace it with? The land is called Storybook Circus, the theme is the circus. What else does a circus have apart from clowns? They're hardly likely to have a trapeze show are they?

Jakester

Unrelated to Giggle Gang, but regarding cutbacks. On Cinderella Castle, there have been those gargolyes near top and middle that have been missing for quite sometime now. Heres a photo from summer and a recent one found on Instagram.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Next Big Thing

Thing is what are you going to replace it with? The land is called Storybook Circus, the theme is the circus. What else does a circus have apart from clowns? They're hardly likely to have a trapeze show are they?
This is a common misconception. Circus' have plenty besides clowns. If Disney was going to use any of the other stuff though, they'd be hard pressed to do it without creating an ACTUAL show in a theater.

The clowns were fine, but they weren't something that many people seemed to like all that much from my experience.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I quite enjoyed the Giggle Gang the one time I caught them. Not a huge surprise, as the fear of clowns seems to be almost universal.

What will be missed is the life that a live act brings to the circus. Say what you will about the circus area, but a circus is a frenzy of movement and sound. Right now, the Giggle Gang was pretty much the only thing in that area that felt real, honest to goodness, "circus".

Fractal514

I am trying to bite my tongue, but you are making it very difficult. Has your boss ever told you your opinion was wrong? Would you respond to your boss in the manner and tone you responded to Dave? I've not read such a comment from Dave and if he wrote such, then he is wrong and should apologize to that/those individuals.

However, I repeat what I've said previously. I've been the target of your claws on more than one occasion and it was unwarranted.

Uhm, not to stir the pot, but I think asking someone if they would talk to their boss a certain way is kind of a bogus argument. People treat their bosses with extra-respect and often walk on eggshells around them.

Also, Dave has been pretty aggressive with me personally, and I believe the reference here is to a conversation we had over the loss on Off Kilter in which I was trying to keep a positive attitude and he deemed me to be some kind of horrible person.

FlaMel

They were awful, removing bad entertainment should be applauded.
Okay, of course you are entitled to your opinion, but please, explain what was so awful. The clever writing? The great performers? The expertly designed, authentic costumes? The funny props? The great live music? Just curious.

QUOTE="The Empress Lilly, post: 6398186, member: 47565"]Clowns suck. Good riddance.

I'm also happy to see the HAT go, and the Wand go, but I'm sorry to say only an imbecile would consider that applauding people losing their jobs working the HAT or Wand.[/QUOTE]
Did you ever see this act? How can you say THIS clown act sucked? So easy to be an expert when you generalize!

Last edited:

FlaMel

Oh, and this is just my opinion, but this "clowns are creepy" and "everyone is afraid of clowns" is bogus too. This is a feeling that only exists with a few people, but has been popularized in pop culture (movies, sit-coms, etc.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom