Yet another CP question...

aka_emilicious

Original Poster
In order for the program to be approved, I need to find questions to these answers:

How many hours do you guys generally have a week?

and

What exactly does a cm in operations do?

If you guys could point me to a something on the collegeprogram website, or maybe help me get in contact with someone who can answer these questions I would be forever grateful.

~Emily

(One small step closer to having it accepted :) )

typhoonguy

In order for the program to be approved, I need to find questions to these answers:

How many hours do you guys generally have a week?
usually between 40-50, but it also depends what area you work. I worked at the old Goofy's Candy Company and while my roomies in MK worked 6 day mandatory overtime, I was only being scheduled 34 hours. DTD tends to get less hours than the parks.
and

What exactly does a cm in operations do?

Attractions, spiels, collecting fastpasses, greeting guests, ect.

If you guys could point me to a something on the collegeprogram website, or maybe help me get in contact with someone who can answer these questions I would be forever grateful.

~Emily

(One small step closer to having it accepted :)

aka_emilicious

Original Poster
Thanks!

One More question:

Has anyone done the Professional Development Studies? Does it cost extra or is it just like the other courses minus the ACE credit?One

egionet

The problem is that Disney only guarentees 30 hours per week http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/students/work/work_hours.html, \, which is why UConn cut the program from their internship/co-op options.

Be sure that whoever is approving this realizes you might not be placed in operations and there are a wide variety of other roles available. The operations role from the CP website http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/students/role_descr/onstage.html:
Operations Cast Members will be placed in one of the following areas:

* Attractions:
working at any one of the "rides", theater shows or FASTPASS® locations

* Parking:
greeting all Guests who arrive by vehicle working mainly outside or at the Toll Plaza

* Park Greeter:
greeting all Guests who enter the park and validating their tickets.

Responsibilities may include: loading and unloading Guests, operating sophisticated ride systems, memorizing and delivering lengthy narrations to large groups, staffing Toll Plaza areas, cash handling, operating a motorized vehicle, operating turnstile areas, obtaining knowledge of the Walt Disney World Resort ticket media, light cleaning and assisting with audience control.

I don't think the professional development studies cost anything extra. It's similar to a seminar broken up into many segments looking at one specific aspect of Disney, such as entertainment or secrurity.

Look at the website thoroughly and most of your questions will be answered. http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com Like I said before I believe there will be a presentation at Uconn this fall.

aka_emilicious

Original Poster
Thanks again for all of you help!

When I visited UCONN they didn't mention anything about a presentation so I'm not sure about that, but I think I can talk them into letting me participate even though the only guarantee 30 hours (35 hours is minimum) and because the professional development is free, I should be able to make that my "major specific" education.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom