Yet Another Break Up

maelstrom

Original Poster
It seems not too long ago (November) when I posted here upset because I had broken up with my previous boyfriend. And here I am again in the same predicament. Only this time, the circumstances are much stranger and I feel so much worse. This guy is amazing. He made me so happy, feel so special. He gave me hope, somehow, that my life was going to be okay. He made me not want to be depressed. This boy really stuck a chord with me. I made him happy too. His friend said that he's never seen him happier. So what went wrong? Well, he's decided that he may be bisexual and that he needs to figure that out. I don't really care if he's bi or not, it makes no difference to me. But I don't know how he can't know. Maybe guys go into denial about it. When I realized I like girls (I'm bi as well), it was like, "duh!". I didn't have to go be intimate with a girl to realize that. So nothing went wrong in this relationship. We both care about each other a great deal. He was never mean to me, never controlling. We've gone to school together our whole lives and never talked. And us just randomly hooking up after all that time seemed like fate to me. And he says that once he figures this out, he wants to be with me again. But do you know what I'm worried about? I'm worried that it's going to take too long. And that once he does figure it out, he will realize he doesn't like girls at all. I have a gut feeling that he's gay. I hate that feeling. I bet he needs a friend now more than anything. And I want to be his friend. But it hurts me so much to just think about seeing him and not being able to kiss him or hold him or be his girlfriend. I am so heartbroken right now.

barnum42

I'd love to be able to post something to make you feel better, but I suspect that if he is walking away from you (for whatever reason he gives) it may be better for you in the long run to do the same. Hanging out with him as a "just friend" and holding false hopes for his returning would only prolong your pain. (Been there done that and have seen others in the same boat).

I know it's easy for me to say all this from a distanced standpoint, and realise that you won't be able to turn your feelings off like a light switch, but if I could relive some aspects of my life with hindsight it's what I'd have done.

I hope things work out for you before too long and your current pain passes.

Time will heal - trust a voice of experience on that.

rainfully

All I can say about this, is that the best thing you could do is let him go. As cliche and cheesy as it sounds, if its meant to be between you, he will come back. However, by that time, chances are you will find someone even better and will be a million times happier! That's usually how it happens. Love always comes up and bites you in the behind when you least expect it.

Just live your life and don't hold on to any false hope of him coming back. Date other people and just have FUN! You're young... that's what you're supposed to do! :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There are a couple of things this guy is dealing with right now. First of all as a guy there is a stigma that you are either straight or gay there is no bi. From what I have seen truly bi guys are shunned by both the gay and straight community so he will kind of be forced to pick a team so to speak. Second he obviously cares about you very much but he is smart enough to know that he needs to distance himself from the relationship and be by himself for a while in order to figure things out with a clear head. You are right that he could use a good friend right now unfortunately that friend can’t be you. Once you have crossed that friend girlfriend line you can never really go back. One side will always long for the other and end up getting hurt. The best thing you can do now for him and you is to let him go free and clear. Don’t call or e-mail break clean and go on with your life. Don’t worry about what could have been or anything like that. Maybe in the distant future things might work out but don’t count on it or even look for it.

jesserin

I don't have much to offer other than some hugs and :kiss: sent your way - Take it one day at a time and know that there's someone out there who will love you for you and that the day you stop looking for him is when he/she will arrive on your doorstep! :)

Best Wishes during these trying days...

LouDisney

I agree with Joe on this one. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you. Sorry you are in so much pain. I think we can all relate to that and I just hope you will feel better soon.

Erika

Aww, sweetie, that's a tough one. I know you want to be his friend but that might be impossible right now. You need to take care of yourself first. Good luck.
hug.gif

EmeraldDolphin

It's always so hard to end relationships... I'm sending you {{{hugs}}} Things will get easier as time goes on. As a mom of 3 kids, (22, 19 & 16) I've been support through many a break up. They are all so difficult in their own way. The only constant in all of them, is that it does get easier as the days pass. Keep yourself involved with other friends, and take care of yourself... you are your #1 priority!! Hang in there!! Keep smiling!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom