Yes disney... You got me

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
So I haven't taken the family to the parks in quite some time... And we never go in the fall... But since this is the last season of Osborne lights and I've not seen them in person, I'm actually trying to pull together a quick 2 or 3 day trip in early December. Yup Disney, you've got me staring down 'peak' pricing, paying for airfare for just a few days... And paying crazy ticket prices just to see some lights. Bravo Disney.... Now don't screw it up :)

I hate paying higher prices but you gotta live a little I guess

Disneyhead'71

So I haven't taken the family to the parks in quite some time... And we never go in the fall... But since this is the last season of Osborne lights and I've not seen them in person, I'm actually trying to pull together a quick 2 or 3 day trip in early December. Yup Disney, you've got me staring down 'peak' pricing, paying for airfare for just a few days... And paying crazy ticket prices just to see some lights. Bravo Disney.... Now don't screw it up :)

I hate paying higher prices but you gotta live a little I guess
They have a way of roping you back in. I haven't bought an AP since 2009. And with parking added to the seasonal AP I am seriously considering it.

CP_alum08

This is the last year for the Osborne lights.

I personally think this is a mistake. Disney does not realize the charm and 'magic' this attraction brings to everyone. Not everything people enjoy can be quantified and measured on some computer that Disney is, in my opinion, relying too much on these days.
Oh I'm sure they realize, but with all the upcoming additions to DHS, I just don't think they care! The lights are a huge draw for the park, Star Wars land and Pixar land will be a bigger draw, apparently you can't have both...so the lesser one has to go.

Disneyhead'71

Oh I'm sure they realize, but with all the upcoming additions to DHS, I just don't think they care! The lights are a huge draw for the park, Star Wars land and Pixar land will be a bigger draw, apparently you can't have both...so the lesser one has to go.
To quote Lenny in Disaster! "And we're moving on!".

You can't bake a cake without breaking a few eggs.

JIMINYCR

You're right. You have to enjoy life. Enjoy the trip and just think.... its only money.

206220-It-s-Only-Money-Lol.gif

When you get back you'll just work more to make it back, but look what it got you.... a spectacular time with your family and memories of the lights that will never return. ;);)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
They do let you take kids out of school for trips, I did that 2 years ago.

Yeah we do it too... But this being a spur of the moment thing, taking everyone makes the costs explode and we don't do enough as a couple anyways... But not sure how the kids we react after being left home again. We left them behind on a dlr trip for our anniversary about two years ago. I don't think they've been in the parks since 2009.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well.. I compromised. I really wanted to experience that 'disney bubble' again and not go for the 'save the most' path so I wanted to stay on property, use MDE, etc. But nothing was available the week I wanted to go.. but later weeks would have more crowds, etc. But wanting to give Disney another chance.. I went with going Dec 16th, having 2.5 days in the parks, and staying in the little mermaid rooms at Art of Animation.

Off property rooms are creeping up there in costs too.. its no longer like a $100+ night difference for the value/mod range. But man.. 3 day ticket prices are like a punch in the gut...

jlsHouston

My other slight guilt is its only going to be the wife and me... No kids since it will likely be during the week.
LOL don't tell them.
We are going this Thanksgiving for almost the same reason. We skipped Thanksgiving last year because of a new grandbaby and a December trip to NYC. Not missing my last chance to enjoy the Osborne Lights. Will probably end each evening at HS. I'm getting my money's worth. Is there anything that gets much better than standing in the Streets of America with snow falling all around and Feliz Navidad starts playing? I know there is but that is definitely in the top 10 of fantastic moments.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
LOL don't tell them.
We are going this Thanksgiving for almost the same reason. We skipped Thanksgiving last year because of a new grandbaby and a December trip to NYC. Not missing my last chance to enjoy the Osborne Lights. Will probably end each evening at HS. I'm getting my money's worth. Is there anything that gets much better than standing in the Streets of America with snow falling all around and Feliz Navidad starts playing? I know there is but that is definitely in the top 10 of fantastic moments.

I set plans to do DHS for Thursday.. including the dessert party just to ensure some sanity in case it does get crowded. Then Friday night at EPCOT... thinking might try to sneak in the candlelight if the crowd isn't too bad.. and see what we can fit in on Saturday before we leave. I guess I'll have to see how much I like the Osbourne lights to decide if its worth skipping illuminations for :)

And can't NOT tell the kids :) They can tell if we are gone for days on end :D Plans are set now.. .flights booked, little mermaid room booked, and some ADRs made. Now just to buy tickets and hope the next price increase doesn't sneak in before I close the deal :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom