Yelling at Your Kids at Disney

graphite1326

I'm sorry, I should probably leave this be, but I'm in a bad mood from the Yankees winning last night.

If you don't have kids you have no idea about kids being 'easier to work with' or how to properly discipline a small child. Priority number 1 is not having your kid run off into a large crowd and number 1a is reinforcing the fact to your child that this is not acceptable behavior, in some cases raising your voice is the only way to properly convene this message to a toddler in an urgent matter. Delaying people entering an attraction for all of the 10 seconds that this took to unfold is not the priority for the parent. If they wanted to have a long discussion on why we don't run off in public, then sure they should step aside and let everyone pass.

I guess I should know better, but it never ceases to amaze me that amount of 'adults' on this board complaining about the interactions with parents and small children around them in the park. If you can't deal with large families and young children around you and all the shenanigans that may ensue, perhaps Disney World is not the place for you.
First of all I am overjoyed that the Yankees won!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go 99

I have kids but didn't take them until my youngest was 6. Never had to yell at them once. Why people insist on bringing young children there who are not going to remember the trip is just beyond me (but that is another argument). However, our kids told us when they were older, and we then wanted them to go off on there own, that we knew how to have fun and so they always hung around. They still hang around and that youngest is now 26.

BUT my one son did cry when we were getting on HM. I kept reassuring him that it wasn't scary at all (I knew my son and knew it would be ok). I asked after if he thought it was scary and he said it was fun and would go on again no problem.

Andrew M

First of all I am overjoyed that the Yankees won!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go 99

I have kids but didn't take them until my youngest was 6. Never had to yell at them once. Why people insist on bringing young children there who are not going to remember the trip is just beyond me (but that is another argument). However, our kids told us when they were older, and we then wanted them to go off on there own, that we knew how to have fun and so they always hung around. They still hang around and that youngest is now 26.

BUT my one son did cry when we were getting on HM. I kept reassuring him that it wasn't scary at all (I knew my son and knew it would be ok). I asked after if he thought it was scary and he said it was fun and would go on again no problem.

Haha, well congrats, should be a good ALCS.

Not to get off topic but we first went down when the oldest was 2 and he says he remembers stuff from that trip.. whether he actually does or is just saying that from us talking about the trip, who knows. But as a 4 yr old he will definitely enjoy it and remember atleast as much as he can for the next year or two. The main reason for taking them so young though? For a week long trip between flight, park tickets and dining plan its probably atleast $1000 additional per kid. Might as well take as many trips as we can before we have to pay for all of them, especially if you can get the free flight too! Plus it only gets harder to take them out of school as they get older, and my wife refuses to go to Disney in July and August.

Raineman

Hey, everyone! I'm going to be deleting the thread in a bit because I think I have worded a few things wrong, and caused unnecessary drama.
For the most part, this forum is built on drama. You could make a post that says "Hi. I like stuff." and people would be getting offended, telling you that you're wrong, being rude and inconsiderate. You get desensitized to it somewhat after a while, which is a bit sad, IMO.

KBLovedDisney

For the most part, this forum is built on drama. You could make a post that says "Hi. I like stuff." and people would be getting offended, telling you that you're wrong, being rude and inconsiderate. You get desensitized to it somewhat after a while, which is a bit sad, IMO.
That and you can't really delete a thread once it's posted....right? I remember reading somewhere that once a thread exist here, it stays in existence and just dies slowly over time when people stop reading it...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'll weigh in...

I am a parent and I have seen extremely bad examples of parenting in the parks for which, in my opinion, there cannot be any reasonable excuse.

One prime example was a father, dragging his screaming child by the arm, yelling "I paid 'X' thousand dollars for this damn vacation and you're damn well going to have fun!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom