Year of A Million Updates! 10-22-06

Horizons1

Original Poster
Howdy folks, welcome to the one and original Horizons1 update!

Since this years celebration is the Year of A Million Dreams, Im going to try to match it with the Year of A Million updates! Ive got 15 months so I figure that will give me plenty of time to get a Million updates in. (I am going to fail so bad at this:lol: )

So, I hit the parks yesterday, for Nemo and Hallowishes. Found some stuff in my travels to share with yall. SO sit back, relax, and keep all trays in the upright position (just in case of snakes) and here we go!

YOAMD banners on the autoplaza...

dsc03482fs8.jpg

From there, we decided to head to Epcot first, parking for the Funai classic was at Epcot. Needless to say, it was packed. I wouldve hated to forget where I parked yesterday...

dsc03486st8.jpg

Wonders of why it hasnt been renovated yet...

dsc03487ad0.jpg

Mission:Sickness err..Space

dsc03488nt6.jpg

USA, USA!

dsc03490xz8.jpg

The two glass pyramids are your gateway to a zero wait time attraction...

dsc03491tm2.jpg

The Seas with Chico and friends...

dsc03493jk8.jpg

Looks like all those save Horizons campaigns finally payed off...

dsc03495yg1.jpg

Lines were nuts!

dsc03502ar4.jpg

Mores a coming, so dont touch that right clicker. Well except to refresh the page so you can see the continued part of this update...

Horizons1

Original Poster
Signage around the park has been updated for The Seas with Bingo and Friends...

dsc03514vi1.jpg

dsc03515ml9.jpg

So, I finally got to ride it. I gotta say, its neat attraction for what it is. Although I dont see why Disney doesnt just get the VA's from the movie to do the voices in the ride. The impersonations are near the real voices but Marlins voice really, just bugged me. Thats just me though...

dsc03517hv9.jpg

dsc03518gq4.jpg

dsc03519zk2.jpg

Module closed off for renovation or new TTwC que...

dsc03531zu4.jpg

When in line, you can see right to the SeaBase (thats what its called now) and when in the SeaBase, you can see right to the que and loading area. Pic from standing in the SeaBase...

dsc03532nh8.jpg

The outside is now all Blue...

dsc03536le8.jpg

Coming out, the line was really starting to build up...

dsc03537tm5.jpg

dsc03538vi4.jpg

Mores coming...

the-reason14

Question? Can you still go through the exit to get in if you wanted, or do they not allow it anymore. Also if you can see the ride from the "seabase" can you get in line from there, or would you have to walk out and go through the que again. More than likely walk out right?

Horizons1

Original Poster
So that was really all we went to Epcot for. Ill be heading back to cover the FAWF soon. Oh, and the old LS area music is still playing. Its just not near the entrance, its over near the reflection pond closest to the Coral Reef. Its not very loud either, but it is there.

Walking through Innoventions, they had something going on for Disney VisaClub members...

dsc03543mw3.jpg

Its a beast of a park...

dsc03546np0.jpg

From there we headed to DD, to get some books and look around.

Saratoga Springs is hitting a growth spurt...

dsc03551mt2.jpg

dsc03552ui4.jpg

Walls up near Team Mickey...

dsc03553km5.jpg

dsc03554ze0.jpg

From there it was off to Fort Wilderness for dinner at Trails End (bet yall didnt know I love that place :lol: )

There are decorated for the fall...

dsc03559wz2.jpg

dsc03561nq2.jpg

I love Fort Wilderness, even though your camping, folks still find ways to get in the Halloween spirit...

dsc03564qo1.jpg

More coming up...

Horizons1

Original Poster
Question? Can you still go through the exit to get in if you wanted, or do they not allow it anymore. Also if you can see the ride from the "seabase" can you get in line from there, or would you have to walk out and go through the que again. More than likely walk out right?

You can still enter from the exit but to get in line for the ride, ya gotta walk back outside and enter from the front.

Horizons1

Original Poster
From there, we caught a launch to the MK so we could finally get to see Hallowishes.

Marina Madness!

dsc03568ic0.jpg

The station was a little under the weather...

dsc03583ds2.jpg

Could the Laugh Floor be getting a poster?

dsc03584ew7.jpg

Rehab on wall after Peter Pan crashes into it, more at 11...

dsc03591on1.jpg

dsc03592ua1.jpg

All the lights in Liberty Square were green...

dsc03596xl9.jpg

Its so great to see the castle back to normal...

dsc03598nu1.jpg

dsc03606mb9.jpg

dsc03607pm2.jpg

dsc03610aj5.jpg

More on the way...

Chape19714

You now must go through the entrance. There is a bypass just after the beach area that goes strait to Seabase Alpha. A CM is there on duty.

cattle

Is it the old TLS bypass?

why would you wait in the long queue just to use the old bypass?

Also, which is the module that is closed off? I hope it's not the one with the old computer games "Sea Challenge" or something like that

Horizons1

Original Poster
Well, after seeing it, I am going to go to MNSSHP to see everything else. This really is a cool show.

dsc03639dm1.jpg

dsc03640eo8.jpg

dsc03642yw9.jpg

Misc Tomorrowland photo...

dsc03649ul9.jpg

Alleyway is under tarps...

dsc03655sf0.jpg

Fall decor in town square...

dsc03665zy6.jpg

And finally, somebody threw up on the monorail...

dsc03672pd3.jpg

I should be heading back up within a week or two, if Im going for a million, I gotta keep these things consistent. :lol: :D

Hope you guys enjoyed it!

Chape19714

You mean to get onto the ride, right?
To get onto the ride OR to get into Seabase Alpha. Just after the beach, there is a CM, you either follow the queue to the ride, or tell the CM you are bypassing, and go down a "lane" on the left of the queue to Seabase. It alsmost looks like a Fastpass line, but it's the bypass line.

Horizons1

Original Poster
To get onto the ride OR to get into Seabase Alpha. Just after the beach, there is a CM, you either follow the queue to the ride, or tell the CM you are bypassing, and go down a "lane" on the left of the queue to Seabase. It alsmost looks like a Fastpass line, but it's the bypass line.

Oh ok, I was wondering why that was there.

Scratch what I said earlier then and listen to Chape, he knows whats going on... :p

Chape19714

Oh ok, I was wondering why that was there.

Scratch what I said earlier then and listen to Chape, he knows whats going on... :p
Although I'm not 100% sure, I believe the reasoning behind it is so they can have an accurate attendance reading of who is in the building. I'm saying that they're going to stop you from going into the exit (they might though), I'm just saying this is the way the pavilion is intended to be seen, and they crowd flow Disney wants.

Horizons1

Original Poster
Although I'm not 100% sure, I believe the reasoning behind it is so they can have an accurate attendance reading of who is in the building. I'm saying that they're going to stop you from going into the exit (they might though), I'm just saying this is the way the pavilion is intended to be seen, and they crowd flow Disney wants.

Good point, your probably right on that. I know if I had just opened a new attraction I would want to get accurate attendance numbers on it. I imagine though, that if get attendance numbers is the case, that as the newness of the ride wears off they will let people back in through the exit. But for now, its into the giant que with em...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom