Yay- I FINALLY get to plan again- now where?!

danpam1024

Original Poster
So this stay-at-home mom deal has really killed my vacation budget- not because I have no money per se, but because all summer we have been doing long weekends or over nighters to Universal and BG. That killed this year's Disney trip at Christmastime :cry:- I guess DH doesn't poo money-darn it!:joyfull: Live and learn. Anyway, I got an AMAZING pt job and DH gave me the go ahead for a week long vacation for November-ish 2014! Now where to stay? Our top 3
1. BWV
2. BLT
3. AKV
Our favorite parks are Epcot and DHS- that's why we love BW so much- stayed there several times and adore it. I thought it's time to change things up. AKV seem so far away, but we will have our car. DS is in love with animals- all of them- he wants to work with them when he is older. BLT- I'm sold-sleek and modern. DH loves BW it's going to be hard to tear him away. What's your top pick out of the 3 and why TIA :D

Disneykidder

We had a split stay last month at BLT and AKV. BLT was awesome!!!! We had a MK view and it was unbelieveable. We saw a lot more than just the MK...sooo cool. Watching Wishes from there was great! Having the monorail there was the best. The location to MK and Epcot is perfect. We would walk to MK and take the monorail back. One thing I wasn't too happy about was the room size. I knew it was smaller than the other DVC studio resorts but compared to AKL, it was very small. The studio has a large kitchen and they made great use of storage shelves in the bathroom and bedroom but it was small.

AKV was awesome but it is a very large resort. We had a Sunset Savanna view which was perfect. Looking out our door every morning to the animals was too cool. The rooms were also very spacious. The bathroom was huge and the studio was also. The one draw back was that we were in Kidani and there is no quick service there so we had to take the shuttle there. The shuttle service was quite slow. We were also really far from the lobby at KIdani so that was a hike. We had a car but didn't realize it would be so far so after we figured this out, we drove to the pool in Kidani which is by the lobby. Then we also took the car to Jambo to the QS.

Next summer we would like to try VGF and BWV.

Have fun!!

danpam1024

Original Poster
We had a split stay last month at BLT and AKV. BLT was awesome!!!! We had a MK view and it was unbelieveable. We saw a lot more than just the MK...sooo cool. Watching Wishes from there was great! Having the monorail there was the best. The location to MK and Epcot is perfect. We would walk to MK and take the monorail back. One thing I wasn't too happy about was the room size. I knew it was smaller than the other DVC studio resorts but compared to AKL, it was very small. The studio has a large kitchen and they made great use of storage shelves in the bathroom and bedroom but it was small.

AKV was awesome but it is a very large resort. We had a Sunset Savanna view which was perfect. Looking out our door every morning to the animals was too cool. The rooms were also very spacious. The bathroom was huge and the studio was also. The one draw back was that we were in Kidani and there is no quick service there so we had to take the shuttle there. The shuttle service was quite slow. We were also really far from the lobby at KIdani so that was a hike. We had a car but didn't realize it would be so far so after we figured this out, we drove to the pool in Kidani which is by the lobby. Then we also took the car to Jambo to the QS.

Next summer we would like to try VGF and BWV.

Have fun!!
So I guess if we pick AKV choose Jambo? Your trip sounded amazing!

Disneykidder

So I guess if we pick AKV choose Jambo? Your trip sounded amazing!
Yes, I'd prob choose Jambo when we go back but since you have a car, if you can't get Jambo, Kidani is beautiful and the garage is pretty much right underneath your room. We also had a third floor room overlooking Sunset Savanna which is what I wanted because Sunset has giraffes. Second floor is a better view of the Savanna because there are less treetops. My trip was awesome. Splitting was a little annoying but we were so glad we did. It was like experiencing two trips in one. I really liked being on the monorail line. The convenience was incredible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom