Yak and Yeti Restaurant 😍

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
It's me again. My quick takeaway on the Yak and Yeti Restaurant at the Animal Kingdom.

TLDR; They are 😍
In our extremely subjective opinion, one of the best restaurants and certainly the best Asian offering in WDW.
In comparison, TripAdvisor only gives 4 stars with just okay food.

A quick background about us: We're Asian, but we're not picky eaters. However if given a chance, we'll try the Asian stuff first on the menu 😎

Here we go:
  • Yak & Yeti have always been our favorite whether it's their quick service or the restaurant.
  • The service can sometimes be a hit or miss, but we always dine for the food.
  • The last time we visited was a couple of months ago.
  • The entrance is always chaotic, but plenty of space inside.
  • ⭐ We were pleasantly surprised to find out they have a new additional menu (they aren't available online or via app, see a blurry pic below)
  • We ordered two from the regular menu and one from the new menu
  • Ahi Tuna Nachos, Lobster Garlic Noodles, Bang Bang Calamari Appetizer
  • ⭐ They are all fantastic
  • The garlic in the garlic noodles is quite subdued. It's not strong. Less so than the actual Japanese-style garlic noodles, but it is still delicious.
  • Quite generous on the lobster.
  • ❗While Ahi Tuna Nachos and the Calamari are delicious, the flavor is very identical, I'd suggest ordering one or the other, not both.
  • ❗Ahi Tuna Nachos is a two-person meal.
Overall: an A. 😍
A solid meal. Various and excellent Asian options with a chaotic entrance.

Photos
📷
The new menu
IMG_5368.jpg

📷Plenty of options. The Calamari is the only appetizer in the menu below (reg menu still has the usual appetizer)
IMG_5369.jpg

📷The Bang Bang Calamari.
IMG_5370.jpg

📷The Lobster Garlic Noodles. Plenty of spinach goodness.
IMG_5374.jpg

📷The Ahi Tuna Nachos. Good for two.
IMG_5376.jpg

Disclaimer: This is just a personal opinion, if yours is different than mine, it's absolutely okay.

Last edited:

westie

I found it to be a little bland. I like my food on the spicy side. You nailed it on the entrance. We literally had to push past people to get inside. And with reservations it was still quite a wait. Speaking of ressies, it's weird at WDW how some places text you, others scream your name and some still use the pager.

Chi84

Premium Member
Yak and Yeti is a Landry's restaurant, so you can expect a similar vibe/ambiance/experience as Rainforest and T-Rex. We weren't aware of this the first time we visited and thought it would be more authentic, like Tiffins. (My fault for not doing enough research.) But we've been back several times and have always had good food and service. The nice thing is if you have a Landry's card, you can get priority seating.

JIMINYCR

We’ve been dining at Y&Y for years and it never fails us. In fact it’s one dining spot where we will make an ADR at the beginning of our trip and again towards the end. ( 2 week trips ) Service has always been exemplary, seating both downstairs and in the upper level. My meals have always been just spicy enough to be flavorful and not overpowering. I’ll grade it a solid A.

Club Cooloholic

Yak and Yeti is a Landry's restaurant, so you can expect a similar vibe/ambiance/experience as Rainforest and T-Rex. We weren't aware of this the first time we visited and thought it would be more authentic, like Tiffins. (My fault for not doing enough research.) But we've been back several times and have always had good food and service. The nice thing is if you have a Landry's card, you can get priority seating.
Eh I think it is a bit more subdued than those places, when it first opened I really liked it but last few times were just meh. Remember Morton's is also a Landry's.

Weather_Lady

Glad you had a good experience, OP! Y&Y is one of my family's favorite restaurants in all of WDW, and we start with the Ahi Tuna Nachos every time (which means we're too full to finish our entrees, and end up getting 2 meals for one price by eating the leftovers for the next day's lunch). ;)

If you plan to make it a regular on your rotation, you might consider getting a Landry's Select Club card: we have one, and I love how it makes our AK day a stress-free one, knowing we can just show up whenever we want to eat due to the "priority seating" benefit that you get by being a member (or, if we really feel we need an ADR, you can call the restaurant with your Landry's member number and they'll make a reservation for you, even if their Disney-ADR-system reservation quota is full.)

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
I found it to be a little bland. I like my food on the spicy side. You nailed it on the entrance. We literally had to push past people to get inside. And with reservations it was still quite a wait. Speaking of ressies, it's weird at WDW how some places text you, others scream your name and some still use the pager.
I can definitely understand. The garlic noodle as I mentioned above isn't as strong as the authentic ones. It isn't completely bland, but it almost makes me reach out for salt.

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
We’ve been dining at Y&Y for years and it never fails us. In fact it’s one dining spot where we will make an ADR at the beginning of our trip and again towards the end. ( 2 week trips ) Service has always been exemplary, seating both downstairs and in the upper level. My meals have always been just spicy enough to be flavorful and not overpowering. I’ll grade it a solid A.
In full agreement. When is your trip?

Glad you had a good experience, OP! Y&Y is one of my family's favorite restaurants in all of WDW, and we start with the Ahi Tuna Nachos every time (which means we're too full to finish our entrees, and end up getting 2 meals for one price by eating the leftovers for the next day's lunch). ;)

If you plan to make it a regular on your rotation, you might consider getting a Landry's Select Club card: we have one, and I love how it makes our AK day a stress-free one, knowing we can just show up whenever we want to eat due to the "priority seating" benefit that you get by being a member (or, if we really feel we need an ADR, you can call the restaurant with your Landry's member number and they'll make a reservation for you, even if their Disney-ADR-system reservation quota is full.)
Wow, as a frequent diner I'd definitely do that! Thanks for the tips!

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
Eh I think it is a bit more subdued than those places, when it first opened I really liked it but last few times were just meh. Remember Morton's is also a Landry's.
It can be subdued for sure, the garlic noodle is a prime example. However, I also think that maybe they're trying to adjust it here so it doesn't feel as strong. I also dined at Tiffins quite a bit, their butter chicken is pretty much on par with Yak and Yeti. The flavor is prominent but not as strong as an authentic butter chicken, which makes me think it's intentional.

Club Cooloholic

It can be subdued for sure, the garlic noodle is a prime example. However, I also think that maybe they're trying to adjust it here so it doesn't feel as strong. I also dined at Tiffins quite a bit, their butter chicken is pretty much on par with Yak and Yeti. The flavor is prominent but not as strong as an authentic butter chicken, which makes me think it's intentional.
There is an Indian buffet about 15 minutes from my house that is amazing and $15 bucks(and they never charged my kids full price) it has amazing butter chicken, and my daughter adores the tandoori chicken. I have been buying butter chicken sauce from the grocery store(it tends to be less oily and probably way healthier than the restaurants) and making my own at home. It's fun, you can add chickpeas, can of diced tomatoes, lentils whatever veggies and I grill my chicken thighs to make it a bit healthier.

Club Cooloholic

There is an Indian buffet about 15 minutes from my house that is amazing and $15 bucks(and they never charged my kids full price) it has amazing butter chicken, and my daughter adores the tandoori chicken. I have been buying butter chicken sauce from the grocery store(it tends to be less oily and probably way healthier than the restaurants) and making my own at home. It's fun, you can add chickpeas, can of diced tomatoes, lentils whatever veggies and I grill my chicken thighs to make it a bit healthier.
I just realized I should have ended that with...

LittleMerman

I've eaten at the Local Food Cafe numerous times and enjoyed it. It was basically like mall food court Chinese food but I really like that and when I was tired and hungry in the park I didn't mind it, especially for the lower price point. I've been wanting to try the table service restaurant for a long time and may try it during my trip in Dec. The atmosphere looks cool and I love Chinese food! Cool to read this article!

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
OP, I go just for the Ahi Tuna Nachos which I enjoy as an entree.
You can't go wrong with the nachos. It's spectacular.

Are the Tuna Nachos big enough for two people to split as an entree or only an app? Looks huge
It's an entree and it depends on the eating portion but yes it's quite a lot.

What's the name of the sauce if you don't mind.. and the recipe 🙏
Also, have you ever had a butter chicken pizza?
I'm about to post my thought on the Tika Masala Pizza over at the Connections Eatery, which is 🤮Have you tried that?

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
I've eaten at the Local Food Cafe numerous times and enjoyed it. It was basically like mall food court Chinese food but I really like that and when I was tired and hungry in the park I didn't mind it, especially for the lower price point. I've been wanting to try the table service restaurant for a long time and may try it during my trip in Dec. The atmosphere looks cool and I love Chinese food! Cool to read this article!
Oh, that's really cool. And I'm glad you enjoy the review 🙏.
Which food court are you talking about, by the way?

Club Cooloholic

You can't go wrong with the nachos. It's spectacular.

It's an entree and it depends on the eating portion but yes it's quite a lot.

What's the name of the sauce if you don't mind.. and the recipe 🙏
Also, have you ever had a butter chicken pizza?
I'm about to post my thought on the Tika Masala Pizza over at the Connections Eatery, which is 🤮Have you tried that?
The last sauce I used was from Aldi's lol. I put a bottle of that in, a can of diced tomatoes and whatever veggies i like. I might add some curry powder. I grill my chicken after marinating on Jamaican jerk spices.

DfromATX

I've never eaten there before, but we are planning a trip. For anyone who feels like answering, would you rather eat at Yak & Yeti or Tusker House? We are bringing 2 first-timers and we want to show them the best possible time. :) One is a 12 year old boy and one is a 75 year old lady. (The 75 year old may be more of a picky eater than the boy...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom