Yachtsman's Steakhouse .. yep it's that good!

BigRedDad

Out of curiousity, how much was that Filet Mignon? The reason I ask is that I put a value on my money. Disney is not cheap, but you can easily do it cheaper. I can spend $200 on a Disney meal for the family or I can go offsite and spend $50 for the same quality. I know Disney is all about the experience. I have experienced it over 100 times and it is a reason we go back. It is just my frugality that food is one of the biggest places to cut back on budget when going there.

HouCuseChickie

Out of curiousity, how much was that Filet Mignon? The reason I ask is that I put a value on my money. Disney is not cheap, but you can easily do it cheaper. I can spend $200 on a Disney meal for the family or I can go offsite and spend $50 for the same quality. I know Disney is all about the experience. I have experienced it over 100 times and it is a reason we go back. It is just my frugality that food is one of the biggest places to cut back on budget when going there.

According to Allears, it's $49...which is cheaper than Shula's. Allears lists Shula's filet at $60. Bull & Bear is supposed to be far superior to both (i.e. if you're talking about offsite being better), but I think you'll be paying even more. I've heard B&B's filet is around $65.

When I look at local fine steakhouses, $45-65 is the range for a basic filet (and in some of these cases, this price is just meat and you pay extra for any sides)...i.e. want Wagyu and bump up to $80-100...so, Yachtsman is on par with what I'd pay locally.

belledream

Ooomg this makes me even more excited for our dinner here on our Disneymoon! Originally I let the fiancé pick it because he's truly the steak lover, but all the praise and pictures I see these days are getting me real excited too!! Thanks for sharing :)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Yachtsman's is my favorite. Food and Service has ALWAYS been top notch.
I did the 28 ounce Porterhouse last time I was there it was cooked to perfection, delicious and filling, but it did not stop be from killing that amazing chocolate peanut cake. Did I want to lick the plate? Yes. I was gentleman though and refrained. Did I swipe my finger across the plate a couple of times and lick my finger? Gentlemen never tell.

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Great review, Deb!!!!! LOVE Yachtsman!!!! That garlic bulb is something I keep meaning to try at home. It was so simple yet it elevated the bread to "something I'd be willing to pay for" level. They also have DH's favorite WDW cocktail...the Yachtsman take on a Sidecar. What I would do for that filet right now....YUM!!!
I don't eat alot of beef at home, but I sure do at Disney LOL. I've roasted garlic bulbs before? but they sure don't taste like the one you get at Yachtsman's. LOL

zurgandfriend

My family loves the Yachtsman as well, we try to eat there every trip. The only think my DS and DW can't stand is that I always order creamed spinach as a side. Neither one will touch it, which is why I order it in the first place.

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Ooomg this makes me even more excited for our dinner here on our Disneymoon! Originally I let the fiancé pick it because he's truly the steak lover, but all the praise and pictures I see these days are getting me real excited too!! Thanks for sharing :)
You're welcome! You definately will not be disappointed! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Yachtsman's is my favorite. Food and Service has ALWAYS been top notch.
I did the 28 ounce Porterhouse last time I was there it was cooked to perfection, delicious and filling, but it did not stop be from killing that amazing chocolate peanut cake. Did I want to lick the plate? Yes. I was gentleman though and refrained. Did I swipe my finger across the plate a couple of times and lick my finger? Gentlemen never tell.
LOL You sound like my husband LOL. Yachtsman's is one of Ron's favs, for sure. He always is careful what he eats during the day so he has enough room for dinner. Me? I still peruse the kiosks around World Showcase during the day so during dinner, Ron usually finishes my dinner. No wonder the man loves this place! LOL

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
My family loves the Yachtsman as well, we try to eat there every trip. The only think my DS and DW can't stand is that I always order creamed spinach as a side. Neither one will touch it, which is why I order it in the first place.
OMG I am a huge spinach lover too! I did get that as a side a few years ago LOL, and I am also the only one who is a fan :)

WDW74

steak, spinach and shrooms ? Classic !
steak.jpg

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
I totally agree with you regarding food costs at Disney. @HouCuseChickie is correct, the filet lists for $49, but well worth it. We normally do the dining plan, and usually fall into the free dining promotion, then upgrade to deluxe. Is it worth it dollar wise? Probably not, but I like knowing my entire vacation is paid for prior to arrival.

Hockey89

Sorry it is not the same quality.... You can say that but it's false.... The outback is not the Yachtsman... Or pick your cheap chain

HouCuseChickie

I don't eat alot of beef at home, but I sure do at Disney LOL. I've roasted garlic bulbs before? but they sure don't taste like the one you get at Yachtsman's. LOL

I need to figure out how to duplicate this, because it's just too darn good not to give it a lot of tries! :)

Side note...I'd also like to give a nod to the awesome mashed potatoes. I was too full to finish them after bread, and truffle mac & cheese, and my filet...but what I did have was DELISH!!!

15163826744_11e6cf3d29_z.jpg

jeffk410

After reading this I've decided to give Yachtman's another try. I've actually only been once and it was on Christmas and we did have a few issues - which now sounds like isn't indicative of a normal night.

Thanks for your overview!

Prince-1

We love the Yachtsman as well and it was our favorite steakhouse after Shula's but we just went to The Boathouse for dinner and it was sooooooo much better. Pricier yes, but better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom