Yacht OR Beach?

Reccyman

Original Poster
Hi everyone,
Disney wife and I have booked into the Yacht Club for a couple of weeks next year, unfortunately the holiday company has made a mistake and the rooms are not available. They have offered us rooms next door at The Beach. I know they share a lot of facilities and basically are the same building, but what are the pro's and con's? We are travelling without kids and are there to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I'm happy to change but DW had her heart set on The Yacht. It's more than we would normally spend, but its a special occasion.

Your thoughts are welcome. Have a magical day.

durangojim

Both are great resorts and have, arguably, the best locations in all of WDW with the ability to walk to Epcot and DHS. We have stayed at both resorts and love them both. The Yacht Club is a little more "formal" but not snobbish or stuffy. The lobby tends to be less crowded and there are less children there usually because there are many conferences held at this resort. After the recent room renovations there is no carpet, only wood laminate on the guest room floors and every room has a full balcony.
The Beach club is a more casual and brighter and the lobby is often loud and busy due to more families with kids staying there and there is a character restaurant with the entrance in the lobby. Also it's important to know that while all rooms have a balcony 1/2 of them at the Beach Club are only large enough for one person to stand on at a time which is a bummer. The rooms there have carpeting.
They both share the excellent large pool complex Storm Along Bay. You can't go wrong with either but if it's just adults going I'd choose the Yacht Club but I'd still be very happy with a room at the Beach Club as long as I had a full balcony. Have a great trip!

correcaminos

I also look at them as two-in-one. We always walk between the two when staying there. Right now YC is very busy/noisy in the lobby due to construction and the globe is gone at the moment. The theming is different but other than YC being closer to the boat dock and BC being closer to Epcot, I would be happy at either one. Both offer great service.

Notes from Neverland

They might be separate resorts, but in a lot of ways they're the same resort. They're really just one resort with a slightly different theme in half of the building.

md0u80a2

I stayed at YC in December and was truly surprised at how much they are the 'same resort' - if you can get YC for the same money fine, but if you have to spend a penny more, move to Grand Floridian.

Alternative, you will be fine in beach club - you will love it!

NeedMoreMickey

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary last October 2016 at BC and had a wonderful time. I've stayed at both and like other posters have said it's like one resort. BC was nice because it had the quick service food and we ate the Captain's Grill in YC twice. Both have quite pools which are nice for relaxing and reading a book during our afternoon break. Also need to say that I usually stay at BCV with my sister and her daughter every March so this is our favorite resort. Maybe you will get chosen for an upgrade to club level to celebrate your anniversary like we did in 2015.

JusticeDisney

The other posters are spot on. They are essentially the same exact resort. Can't go wrong either way. Personally, however, I prefer beach club.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom