Yacht or Beach club... quick, Go!

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
If you have stayed in these resorts over the past 12-18 months would be preferable!
Stayed many years ago so unsure on the merits of either anymore...

If you had the choice to stay in yacht or beach club, (standard rooms) 15 nights, which would you go for...?

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Well, it depends. I've stayed at Beach Club three times now, with the most recent being this past May. I don't know if you remember since you mentioned you've stayed there as well several years ago, they are sister resorts, and share EVERYTHING. Now it might be a good walk to get to some things, depending on which area you choose to stay, but as far as decor of rooms, Beach Club wins for me because I feel it's more inviting and lighter. I never cared for the decor of Yacht Club. But Yacht Club has a better quick service compared to the Beach Club, which is dismal. But again, if you stay at Beach, you can just walk over there. My point is the Beach & Yacht, even though they're called two resorts, are both like one huge hotel. It's like it doesn't matter which one you stay because EVERYTHING both have to offer their guests, you as a guest at whichever one, gets to partake in ALL OF IT, so it really depends on do you like stuffy, formal atmosphere and dark woods paneling--then go for Yacht. They say it is a little quieter over there. But if you like more of the lighter, beachy colors, then Beach Club would be for you. However at Beach Club they say it's noisier and that's because they chose to put one of the family-friendly restaurants right to the side of the lobby and that's why. You've a lot of people in there waiting to eat. Over at Yacht it's definitely a more quiet environment. Another thing to think about too is I believe Yacht has allowed dogs now, and Beach doesn't--I don't think. I know when I went in May they weren't doing that at BC. But other than that, see what I mean? It really doesn't matter which side you stay on because the two hotels are CONNECTED INTO ONE LONG BUILDING BASICALLY and you get to partake in everything they both have to offer as a guest. So those were the only reasons I could come up with as to which one to choose between. Hope it helps.

Also curiously, which hotel are you trying to change from?

Thanks, yes I’m aware they are ultimately one place just wondering if there’s pro’s or con’s to either which I’m sure is 50/50 so thought I’d ask quick.

We have the stay booked in the Dolphin which we have stayed in for the last 4 trips and love the location hence why we are still looking at that area. We’ve just come across a price for the yacht/beach that has triggered our interest so having a think!
15 nights from UK with flights and everything else sorted starting in 55 days!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Yacht Club just feels more upscale / luxurious to me. I've never actually stayed at either one but that's my sense from having spent time in the lobbies, restaurants, etc.

epcotisbest

Yeah, it is like choosing between extra crispy bacon and regular bacon...either way, bacon!
OK, that is a weird analogy, but you can't go wrong with either. YC is a little more upscale feeling and BC has more of a laid back vibe, at least decor wise, to me. It is nice to be able to flip a coin and heads or tails are both winners.
Wish there was a more definitive way to choose between the two, but maybe that says something about both that there is not a big pros and cons debate between them.

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Thanks all, we were led to believe that there was availability on a couple of rooms that would of been around $1400 more than Dolphin but turns out there isn’t! (Unless $23,000 for a club level 2 bed is value!) Dolphin it is as per original plan! :) 55 days

epcotisbest

Thanks all, we were led to believe that there was availability on a couple of rooms that would of been around $1400 more than Dolphin but turns out there isn’t! (Unless $23,000 for a club level 2 bed is value!) Dolphin it is as per original plan! :) 55 days

Nothing wrong with the Dolphin. Good location, good restaurant choices, and the grotto pool is quite nice. It's not Stormalong Bay, but still a great pool.

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Nothing wrong with the Dolphin. Good location, good restaurant choices, and the grotto pool is quite nice. It's not Stormalong Bay, but still a great pool.

Yes we’ve stayed last 4 trips, love it but if we could do the yacht/beach this time we would of but not happening now. We will cope!

durangojim

I’ve stayed at both a couple times in the past 18 months. I’d recommend YC I’d you don’t have kids as it’s quieter and more upscale. It’s nice that you can fit your luggage under the beds as well but I’m not a fan of the laminated floors after walking around the parks all day. You’re guaranteed a full baclony with the YC If you have kids I’d go with the BC as there’s a little more energy, I like the decore of the rooms a little better. BC is slightly closer to EPCOT and there are no dogs, although admittedly I never heard any during our stays but did see them for walks out on the boardwalk in front of the YC a couple of times which was gross. Either way you can’t go wrong! We’ll be back at the YC for Christmas- New Years.

bunnyman

Beach club. We stayed at the YC and were put in ground floor room. Actually, it was the farthest room you could be in away from the lobby. Our view was of the water nearest the bridge over to the Boardwalk (closer to the Swan and Dolphin than Epcot). It took forever to get anywhere!

correcaminos

Not a bad result really. I really like Swan & Dolphin. Though if you had to make me pick for the other I would've gone with YC (didn't love it as much under the old rooms, but think it's lovely now).

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Not a bad result really. I really like Swan & Dolphin. Though if you had to make me pick for the other I would've gone with YC (didn't love it as much under the old rooms, but think it's lovely now).

Had 15 nights at the dolphin booked for over a year so never going to be a bad outcome! Thought we had a chance of doing yacht/beach for a relatively small amount considering 4 adults, 2 kids there plus flights for this long but we will be just fine! Thanks :)

Willmark

Yacht Club just feels more upscale / luxurious to me. I've never actually stayed at either one but that's my sense from having spent time in the lobbies, restaurants, etc.
We're staying there in early December, I'll let you know if I pass the Grey Poupon to anyone.

PoppinsFan

We loved the Yacht Club! Although the Beach Club looks great too! If I was planning on staying 15 nights I would do a split stay and stay at both resorts :)

chrisbarry

I prefer Beach Club as the Yacht Club allows Dogs.

Stayed for 8 days last month. Saw one dog and it was a guide dog. The place is in no way over run with dogs. And my father has a terrible dog allergy and wasn't bothered at all in his room or elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom