Yacht Club Transportation Questions

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
hey all. so i am staying at the yacht club for the first time in december. i just have some questions about getting around to the parks from here since i have never stayed.

1. can you enter epcot through the international gateway at park opening? (i know world showcase doesn't open until about 2 hours after future world, but do they let you walk through the international gateway to future world at its opening time?)

2. how long of a walk is it from the yacht club to hollywood studios and is it better to take the boat instead?

3. are there buses from hollywood studios to yacht club and vice versa or is boat transportation the only available from this resort? same goes for epcot?

thanks in advance for your help!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
hey all. so i am staying at the yacht club for the first time in december. i just have some questions about getting around to the parks from here since i have never stayed.

1. can you enter epcot through the international gateway at park opening? (i know world showcase doesn't open until about 2 hours after future world, but do they let you walk through the international gateway to future world at its opening time?)Yes

2. how long of a walk is it from the yacht club to hollywood studios and is it better to take the boat instead? 15-20 minutes tops. It is typically only better to take the boat if it is pulling up right as you get there. If you have any wait time you are better off walking.

3. are there buses from hollywood studios to yacht club and vice versa or is boat transportation the only available from this resort? same goes for epcot? I do not believe that there are.

thanks in advance for your help!

Yanks07

Just to add to master yodas post on point 3, there is no bus from boardwalk area resorts to epcot or Hollywood Studios, boat or walk are your options (we usually walk). If you want to get to Epcot's main entrance, I believe you can catch a bus from DHS to Epcot. We stay Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk every trip, you will really like the location of these resorts. Have fun

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
thanks for your help. one more question though. we are planning on going to epcots evening emh. will they let us walk back through the international gateway? i was just reading someones trip report who said that they wouldn't let them walk back through to their resort. how else would you get back if they don't have buses?

Yanks07

thanks for your help. one more question though. we are planning on going to epcots evening emh. will they let us walk back through the international gateway? i was just reading someones trip report who said that they wouldn't let them walk back through to their resort. how else would you get back if they don't have buses?
No trouble going back through the gateway Ever, even an hour after closing we had no worries.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
No trouble going back through the gateway Ever, even an hour after closing we had no worries.

wonderful! thanks so much! i am really looking forward to staying at the yacht club. i have never stayed at the epcot resorts and i am loving the idea of being so close to epcot. thanks again for your help.

Yanks07

One of our favorite things to do is watch Illuminations from the other side of the International gateway and wait for everyone to leave, do a little shopping @ Mousegears, then we stroll casualy through an empty World showcase back to our resort. We really enjoy the walk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom