Yacht Club room?

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Can anyone recommend a specific room/floor for the Yacht Club? I don't mind long walks to room. I'd love to have a room with some sort of view of the Boardwalk. We don't necessarily need a view of Stormalong Bay.
Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Did you book a lagoon view? That is the only way to guarantee a view of the Boardwalk.

Our garden view room on the 4th floor had a full balcony, was close to the elevator and faced Epcot, so we could watch Illuminations from the room.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Did you book a lagoon view? That is the only way to guarantee a view of the Boardwalk.

Our garden view room on the 4th floor had a full balcony, was close to the elevator and faced Epcot, so we could watch Illuminations from the room.

That would work for us too! We have a 2 year old and when we go back to the room for naps it's nice to people watch and have something to do while sitting on our balcony waiting for her to wake up...

Do you remember what your room number was?? Thanks for the info....

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster

It says it's a "standard" room.

surfsupdon

Request a room far from the lobby. That far wing has rooms as close to the lake as possible on its front side, and on the wings side it has awesome lake/boardwalk views.....and the next wing nearer to the lobby includes views of the wedding gazebo. All of these rooms include a view of Illuminations foreworks. These outer two wings are also nice and close to the quietest pool on Disney property, and there is a nice doorway that leads you directly to the outside, Lake side boardwalk promenade. An elevator is around here too.

HauntedMansionFLA

All of Illuminations? Or just a portion? :)

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Request a room far from the lobby. That far wing has rooms as close to the lake as possible on its front side, and on the wings side it has awesome lake/boardwalk views.....and the next wing nearer to the lobby includes views of the wedding gazebo. All of these rooms include a view of Illuminations foreworks. These outer two wings are also nice and close to the quietest pool on Disney property, and there is a nice doorway that leads you directly to the outside, Lake side boardwalk promenade. An elevator is around here too.

Great advice!!! Thank you so much! Here's hoping walking farther will get us a good "people watching" view. I appreciate the advice. :)

surfsupdon

Great advice!!! Thank you so much! Here's hoping walking farther will get us a good "people watching" view. I appreciate the advice. :)
I am a people watcher too - I love mornings and evenings on our balcony. Tell them this. Because even if you paid for a standard or garden view....the "better" standard and garden views are on the Lakeside of the resort, opposed to the exterior, outer facing sides. So while not a proper more expensive lake view, these better standard/garden views overlook the walkways around Crescent Lake, and sometimes the Lake itself. Just a thought.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I am a people watcher too - I love mornings and evenings on our balcony. Tell them this. Because even if you paid for a standard or garden view....the "better" standard and garden views are on the Lakeside of the resort, opposed to the exterior, outer facing sides. So while not a proper more expensive lake view, these better standard/garden views overlook the walkways around Crescent Lake, and sometimes the Lake itself. Just a thought.

Thank you again. I will make sure when checking in online to put down these requests in hopes of getting some kind of view. Fingers crossed.

Kiwiduck

I had room 3125 during my trip in December. I booked the garden view category and the room was quite close to the lobby and had a nice view of the boardwalk. I just asked for a room close to elevators, but it shows there are definatly nice garden view rooms.
IMG_4339.jpg

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I had room 3125 during my trip in December. I booked the garden view category and the room was quite close to the lobby and had a nice view of the boardwalk. I just asked for a room close to elevators, but it shows there are definatly nice garden view rooms. View attachment 133124

WoW!!! This view would be amazing!!! Here's hoping! I am taking notes so that when I go to check in I can ask for certain room numbers just in case they are willing to accommodate the request!! Thanks so much!

KLinder7

Can anyone recommend a specific room/floor for the Yacht Club? I don't mind long walks to room. I'd love to have a room with some sort of view of the Boardwalk. We don't necessarily need a view of Stormalong Bay.
Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

First time staying at Yacht Club? I personally love it due to the location and other factors.I'll be going back shortly. Hope you enjoy!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
First time staying at Yacht Club? I personally love it due to the location and other factors.I'll be going back shortly. Hope you enjoy!

As an adult? Yes... I used to stay there with my parents when I was in grade school. We usually stay at the Swan and Dolphin, but I have an annual pass this year and I got an amazing rate at Yacht Club. We LOVE the location too! Hope you enjoy your upcoming trip too! Thanks

mouse_luv

I can request an area at the 60 day mark, but I can also ask for a certain ones when I check in though.

You can request an area like: close to elevator, close to lobby, high floor, low floor, etc. You can't request a ROOM NUMBER, that was my point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom