Yacht Club Room Renovations

wdwfan22

They are not that far along with the number of rooms completed. I don't know that I'm a fan of these rooms. Very basic and look like a typical Marriott room.

Notes from Neverland

Original Poster
They're lacking on the theme, but they're a nice upgrade. A bit on the generic side, but not horrible. I'm also pretty impressed photos have already emerged from reported guests staying in the upgraded rooms.

PrincessL

Agree that these rooms look generic. We enjoy the Disney touches and theming which separates Disney from other hotels. I read that they had two sample rooms created...are we sure this is the one they went with?Did a guest actually stay in this room or is this a sneak peak?

durangojim

Bummer. We preferred the old decor. The new stuff looks nice and reminds me of the decor found on the Disney cruise ships, especially the Dream. This just looks a little generic to me.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I just stayed at the Yacht two nights ago and was in an old room. We were on the third floor. Maybe only the 4th and 5th floors are the only rooms complete at this point?

jas0328

Does anyone have any new info on how far along the rooms are/ what floors are completed? We are staying at the end of April and wondering what are chances are for a refurb room!! Getting excited this will be our first stay at Epcot area after two in MK

mdubm

Does anyone have any new info on how far along the rooms are/ what floors are completed? We are staying at the end of April and wondering what are chances are for a refurb room!! Getting excited this will be our first stay at Epcot area after two in MK
We are staying in June and I'm wondering too. Seems 5th floor is complete and 4th MAY be as well.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, July 5, 2017. The Yacht Club Resort room refurbishment is complete for all upper floors. Only the ground floor remains in work. Although I don't have room photos, here are a few photos of the new hallway carpet, wall décor, and passageway furniture. In my opinion, the furniture is more "nautical modern." The old furniture was more "colonial nautical," which is still in the main lobby.

Elevator lobby:

IMG_9796.JPG

Interior passageway:

IMG_9797.JPG

Notes from Neverland

Original Poster
Photo update as of Wednesday, July 5, 2017. The Yacht Club Resort room refurbishment is complete for all upper floors. Only the ground floor remains in work. Although I don't have room photos, here are a few photos of the new hallway carpet, wall décor, and passageway furniture. In my opinion, the furniture is more "nautical modern." The old furniture was more "colonial nautical," which is still in the main lobby.

Elevator lobby:

View attachment 213825

Interior passageway:

View attachment 213826

Carpet looks really nice. Old hallway carpet was in pretty rough shape on the third floor earlier this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom