Yacht Club or Coronado Springs Tower

MissViv

Original Poster
I just changed my reservation this morning from Wilderness Lodge to Coronado Springs Tower Lake View for our trip in November.

I could upgrade to Yacht Club Garden/woods view for $669.00 more. There are two of us splitting the room so $334.50.

Would you do it? I know Yacht Club is within walking distance to Epcot and we are going to resort hop and go to Epcot one day and Magic Kingdom another day. Would it be worth it to you?

OneofThree

I'd upgrade myself right back to my favorite hotel -Wilderness Lodge. :D

Anyway, most people say the big draw to Beach & Yacht is the walk to EC. But you're only going for 1 day. ~$700 seems like quite a premium for that.

MissViv

Original Poster
Wilderness Lodge was not an option with the discount. Only thing available was Club level and way to much $$$.

The choice would be Coronado Springs, Yacht Club or Boardwalk.

LeighM

I wouldn't pay that much more just to walk to Epcot for one day. I would put that money towards nice ADRs or a tour. The CSR tower bathrooms have the sinks inside the same room as the clear glass shower so it makes it hard for some groups to get ready at the same time. Not sure if that would influence your decision at all. The regular nontower rooms at CSR have the toilet/shower in one room and the 2 sinks outside the bath with a barn door for more privacy.

MissViv

Original Poster
There are just the two adults, myself and SIL, so no problem with getting ready. I am sticking with CSR right now unless something else opens up at Wilderness Lodge.

MissViv

Original Poster
Ended up with Animal Kingdom Lodge. I like the idea of having a balcony and the rooms and atmosphere will be better.

I've never stayed at AK.

DisneyGigi

As much as I love Coronado Springs, 7th stay coming next month... if you can swing it, Yacht Club, all day long. That walk, into WS, worth it!

durangojim

When are you going? How old are you? Do you like to drink? I’d stay at the YC for the convenience of the proximity to DHS and Epcot but that’s just me

surfsupdon

Easy vote for Yacht Club. It does not solely rely on buses.

Coronado is a bus only Resort. And your time is valuable at Disney.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I think I'd try the new Tower in Coronado Springs. And this from the perspective that YC/BC is our favorite warm-weather resort.

wdwfan22

For me I would say Yacht Club as I love the resort. Rooms are nice pool is great and the restaurants are good. Walking distance to Epcot is nice to

NeilHoytPA

Having stayed at various WDW resorts over the last 10-15 years (including monorail resorts), i would still choose YC. My family and i stayed at YC last summer for the first time. Even a year later, i can without a doubt say that YC is hands down our fav resort. The proximity to EPCOT and HS is completely worth it and allowed us to do a ton more on the last trip compared to previous trips. We are a family that loves to park hop, and for our next trip to WDW, we'll be booking YC again. Happy planning!

Notes from Neverland

We always end up letting transportation options and location determine where we stay. It's really, really hard to beat Yacht being in walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Being able to avoid waits for a bus usually justifies the cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom