Yacht Club or Beach Club

deeevo

Original Poster
We are thinking about staying a week at the end of July and there is a price difference between the two and having never stayed at either I wanted to know is BC justifies the higher price per night. Right now I can book BC Standard @ $308.00 a night or YC Garden @ $273 a night. We plan on spending a lot of time at Stormalong Bay and have two 4 year old girls. Its a difference of $300 or so total.

Epcotfan21

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but basically it comes down to whether you want to stay in a refurbished/updated room or not. Beach Club rooms have been completely updated and the rooms at Yacht haven't been updated yet. In my experience, I find the Yacht Club to be quieter/more relaxing in general, but if your family likes the more busier atmosphere of the Beach Club, then go for it! Honestly, you can't go wrong with whichever decision you make.

belledream

Beach Club was recently refurbished so that could most definitely be it. The two are connected and essentially I look at it as getting "2-for-1" when you stay at either, for their unique atmospheres, restaurants, and décor. Stormalong Bay extends between both so it's not like one is a longer trip than the other. I'd definitely go for the savings!

Tinkerbella16

We have only ever visited, not stayed at YC/BC. They are both beautiful, and the location is great. We are finally staying there this year, and booked BC. We cannot wait to finally use Stormalong Bay, as it looks awesome. BC has the refurbished rooms, and YC hasn't done theirs yet, so that was another reason why we wanted BC. I am just happy to be so close to Epcot.. the walk is only about 5 minutes. I don't think YC has a QS place... pretty sure the Marketplace at Beach Club is the only one of the two, so guests staying YC would have to go there for quick things. It also helps being so close to the Boardwalk, you can take a quick walk over there for breakfast at the bakery too.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
YC is quieter, but there are typically more "business types" there due to the conference facility. We've stayed at BC twice (most recently in a renovated room, which was fantastic), and it is our favorite resort, but wouldn't hesitate to try YC if the cost is cheaper. You have to walk over to BC Marketplace to fill your mugs, etc. and Epcot is "technically" closer to BC. The only other difference is the decor - YC is darker and more formal.

cornandacobb

You have to walk over to BC Marketplace to fill your mugs, etc. and Epcot is "technically" closer to BC.

I have stayed at the YC on 3 separate occasions but only once did I have a refillable mug(back in 2006). I recall being able to get refills at the Ale & Compass Lounge, the Crews Cup Lounge and Hurricane Hannah's. Has this changed? I actually never even set foot into the BC marketplace for a refill. Now, those three all require that you ask to have your mug refilled as opposed to doing it yourself. With all of that being said, I did not get my value out of the refillable mug and I doubt I'd ever get it again. How much is it these days?

CaptainAmerica

I have stayed at the YC on 3 separate occasions but only once did I have a refillable mug(back in 2006). I recall being able to get refills at the Ale & Compass Lounge, the Crews Cup Lounge and Hurricane Hannah's. Has this changed? I actually never even set foot into the BC marketplace for a refill. Now, those three all require that you ask to have your mug refilled as opposed to doing it yourself. With all of that being said, I did not get my value out of the refillable mug and I doubt I'd ever get it again. How much is it these days?
$18 for length-of-stay. Worth it if you get a coffee every morning for a week.

cornandacobb

True, although I do not remember the coffee being terribly good. At least it wasn't in 2010 when I last stayed there.
BTW, I will be at the YC this June. Staying at the Club Level (begrudgingly). I assume it's the same coffee throughout the resort?

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Yes, I think that's still the case, though I haven't verified that since they changed to the chip mugs. I just meant that YC doesn't have the "food court" style dining option that BC and other resorts seem to have. I believe the drinks at Hurricane Hannahs are self-serve.
True, although I do not remember the coffee being terribly good. At least it wasn't in 2010 when I last stayed there.
BTW, I will be at the YC this June. Staying at the Club Level (begrudgingly). I assume it's the same coffee throughout the resort?
The coffee is much better than it was in 2010, now that they've switched to Joffrey's. But, yes, it's pretty much the same coffee throughout the entirety of WDW, with a few exceptions like Kona and Boma. There's Sbux in the parks now as well.

cornandacobb

Yes, I think that's still the case, though I haven't verified that since they changed to the chip mugs. I just meant that YC doesn't have the "food court" style dining option that BC and other resorts seem to have. I believe the drinks at Hurricane Hannahs are self-serve.

The coffee is much better than it was in 2010, now that they've switched to Joffrey's. But, yes, it's pretty much the same coffee throughout the entirety of WDW, with a few exceptions like Kona and Boma. There's Sbux in the parks now as well.

I have not been back there since Hurricane Hannah's was redone. Guess that is a new feature.
I agree 100% Joffrey's is an upgrade over the Nescafe. And I am excited about the prospects of having S-Bux at my fingertips in the parks. I know a lot of the table service restaurants (and various World Showcase kiosks and windows) serve other coffee too. The search for a good cup of coffee was always a necessary game for me and my wife to play at DW.

MaryJaneP

We stayed at BC and visited YC. We have 3 kids that are no longer youngsters. Although Epcot is technically closer to BC, and DHS is technically closer to YC, we found the very slight difference inconsequential. We enjoyed Stormalong and would think that savings would dictate where we stayed. However, you will have fun wherever you stay and we wish you the best.

deeevo

Original Poster
Thank you all for your input. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on BC standard view for $308 a night. I like the refurbished rooms and the theming is more my families style being from Florida and all. Although knowing me this could change to Poly to WL and back to BC over the next 4 months.

JusticeDisney

You made a great choice. Don't get me wrong, the YC is very nice in its own right, but the rooms there are in desperate need of updating. Going with the brand-spanking new rooms at the BC, even with the slight price increase, is a total no-brainer IMO.

Have a phenomenal trip with your family!

TXDisney

We like the BC regrade as of refurbishments. But YC is beautiful too. Basically the same setups just different themes. Really you can't go wrong with either.

cornandacobb

Yeah, they are both great. Share a lot of the amenities. The best things for me are location(Epcot!), location (Hollywood Studios walk or boat), location (Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin and all of their shops and restaurants) and Storm-A-Long Bay.
YC does have the Crews Cup Lounge....but BC has the Marketplace(and Martha's Vineyard...always seems so quiet).
YC closer to Transportation Dock(boat to Hollywood Studios)...BC closer walk to Epcot.
YC gets the park buses first(better seat selection).
Can't go wrong either way.

surfsupdon

We are thinking about staying a week at the end of July and there is a price difference between the two and having never stayed at either I wanted to know is BC justifies the higher price per night. Right now I can book BC Standard @ $308.00 a night or YC Garden @ $273 a night. We plan on spending a lot of time at Stormalong Bay and have two 4 year old girls. Its a difference of $300 or so total.

Keep your Beach Club, even though slightly higher. While Yacht is my favorite resort, we have not stayed here for about 2 years because the rooms are in desperate need of refurb, especially when you compare with Beach Club and BoardWalk refurbs. Heck, even Caribbean Beach post refurb has nicer furnishings than at Yacht. How long can Yacht Club keep those low and long living room vanities, and that wallpaper is so old! And the worst daybeds imaginable.

Stick with Beach Club until Yacht Club gets its new rooms.

deeevo

Original Poster
Keep your Beach Club, even though slightly higher. While Yacht is my favorite resort, we have not stayed here for about 2 years because the rooms are in desperate need of refurb, especially when you compare with Beach Club and BoardWalk refurbs. Heck, even Caribbean Beach post refurb has nicer furnishings than at Yacht. How long can Yacht Club keep those low and long living room vanities, and that wallpaper is so old! And the worst daybeds imaginable.

Stick with Beach Club until Yacht Club gets its new rooms.
Wow... That is good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom